It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfcomplex

Welcome to Earth

the planet "we dont give a # about the others"

Read that shows how people care about the others.
At least not all americans are like that

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Oh wow. I hate people sometimes... well most of the time. None of those idiots have any idea what they are talking about. The people of Japan didn't deserve this. Bad things happen to good people sometimes.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

wow, thats just nuts!! the simple mindlesnes and ignorance of..hmm..these guys all look american to me, figures. when katrina hit, the residents couldn't start looting fast enough..sorry abit off topic but it does spark anger in me..to see the calousness of humanity.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfcomplex
Just got this from a friend,

i.imgur.com...

Forgot there where such morons in the world...

Someone should remind those wankers that the U.S. retaliated by destroying Hiroshima and Nagasaki with nuclear bombs. Amazing how people distort facts to suit their own perverted pleasure.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stygmartyrZA

Yes I know, these people don't put any thought into what they are saying. I kind off feel that I did not have to post it here but it made me mad that people are so clueless as to what really happend.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by kroms33

That's been reported on this thread about 1,000 times already.

If it's not breaking news within the last 5 minutes, don't report it here. It's already been mentioned.

Just returned and saw this.
there is absolutely no reason to be that rude. there are over 150 pages of information here, no one is going to read through all of it. It's posts like those that keeps anyone who may have missed anything in the know....a quick recap.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stygmartyrZA

+1 to what you said

i cant believe that there are people still bringing that up and telling they cant forgive. its moronic beyond any comprehension!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Although the death toll is without doubt very high, its in the forseeable days that the greatest toll will befall the Japanese people. Money wont be a thought and most are too shocked to realise the priority has to be shelter as they are in winter.

No possessions, missing friends and/or family. no shelter, basic comminication, isolation from the world, dreadfull images on every corner...They are in hell !

I dont think there has ever been such a catastrophe in our lifetime and as some have said the nightmare for the rest of us may just be starting.

Send positive thoughts in their direction please.

Respects
edit on 12-3-2011 by captiva because: (no reason given)

link   
So, that explosion on the nuclear plant, could have been the China syndrome though they are not saying. In fact, what they are saying is most likely a lie because there is a component found leaked that is ONLY found in the rods. That is very alarming. We don't have the pills but I have liquid iodine drops. I got them for my thyroid, but was afraid to take them as doctors don't recommend it.

How much of the liquid iodine should one take?

Here is a good article talking about how long farm land, crops, livestock would be affected and what to do.
www.ki4u.com...
When An ill Wind Blows From Afar! (Like from Japan, Iran or North Korea!)

Basically, it depends on the components, most of which will fallout within 10 days to 2 weeks, and staying indoors, taking the pills, stocked up food. But from what I understand, it also depends on the rads. High enough rads and.....

Went to sleep with those nuclear plants on my mind, and we were praying, woke up determined for info, only to discover, confusion and explosion with elements of the rods detected but no apparent truth.

link   

Originally posted by Luis1109

At least not all americans are like that

I agree with this, I am an American and I would do anything to help Japan even now. But problem is i am on other side of earth and I can't do anything for Japan except donating to them where I hope would help them. To those people that said "Pearl Harbor" are purely ignorant and stupid! These people have NOTHING to do with these and these are the past. We are living in current time, not the past! I have great close friends and my loved one in Japan and I have been worrying a lot about them. I truly wish that these chaotic time will calm down and all of us pulling together and help Japans to re-built what is lost in Japan.

Chaoic out...
edit on 12-3-2011 by Chaoic_Black_Dragon because: (no reason given)

link   

Are those comments for real?

I'm really shocked and disgusted seeing so many insane and mentally sick people writing crap like that...wow
What would they've said, when japanese would've written that Kathrina was a 'late payback' for the bombs. Jeez...what sick, sick people.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jonibelle

Perhaps then an entire separate thread on ATS in this same forum would be enough to cover that insanely old topic? 8-foot move

Hey, guess what? JAPAN HAD A BIG EARTHQUAKE!!!! Did you hear?

And OMG, there's a radiation leak!!! Did you know that?

Hey----I just heard it exploded. No one's reported that, right?

Come ON!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stygmartyrZA

Originally posted by Wolfcomplex
Just got this from a friend,

i.imgur.com...

Forgot there where such morons in the world...

Whatever happened to human compassion? The Japanese must have the greatest capacity for forgiveness
considering what the American government did in return.

Pearl harbour : Naval Establishment
Hiroshima, Nagasaki : Populated Residential Area.

Sorry for the "off-topic" post but this just outrages me.

Have they forgotten about all the hundred of thousands of innocent men, women and children the Americans have slaughtered in Afghanistan and Iraq for corporate profit HUH
edit on 12-3-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ignore idiots like them. The internet is great in that we can all have real-time information about the horrible events folding infront of us, aswell as getting the latest info on whats going on seismically below the Pacific Plate. However it also gives anyone a place to have their own opinion, sometimes the idiots always come out the woodwork. A handful (barely 20 people) out of millions shouldn't get to you.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Do none of those idiots understand that we dropped 2 nukes on them after Pearl Harbor? Besides that is in the past, we are allies now... # happens move on.

Pearl Harbor casualties: 2403
Nagasaki/Hiroshima casualties: 150k-246k

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

And guess what, California's nuclear powerplants are ON THE COAST because they use sea water to cool the reactors... if a 8.9 were to hit just off the California coast with a tsunami... nuclear doom would happen.

The waves of the tsunami were so strong, they reflected back when they hit other coasts... and hit Japan again... crazy.

Japan's nuclear agency rates accident at Fukushima at 'four' out of a possible seven on the international scale, from AFP

FLASH: More than 1,700 people likely dead or missing from Japan quake, tsunami - Kyodo

CNN reporting 6.4 aftershock near nuclear plant in Japan. #jpquake

Fukushima No 1 was scheduled for permanent retirement on 26 March 2011.

This is just crazy. The freaking powerplant was 2 weeks away from retirement!

Major developing stories 9,500+ unaccounted for in one town, civilian radiation exposure, nuclear plant, energy worries about 2 hours ago via web

CNN: 83,000 people live within 6 miles of stricken Fukushima nuclear plant.

Pictures on NHK show Japanese city of Minamisanriku almost completely underwater - 10,000 of city's population of 17,000 now missing.

there are anti-nuclear protests organized and going on all over Germany atm

Didn't took long.

Joe Cirincione on CNN: If incident stops now, already one of three worst nuke accidents in history after TMI & Chernobyl. about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

That is just terrible. Since a lot of them are such strong believers in karma, they will regret their comments when karma comes back for them! I try to ignore ignorance, but that was just uncalled for by those posters.

Back on topic: Does anyone know, geologist, if the two plates slip are stable? Is it possible the aftershocks are precursors so another big slip? Remember just last week there was a 7.2 which could have signaled the first slip, and now this big quake? It it possible that the two plates aren't finished slipping?

For those that do not know what I'm referring to, click here: Earthquake slideshow

edit on 12-3-2011 by majesticgent because: edit url

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Exactly you were here from the beginning, we know what's going on every page they don't. No reason for your rudeness towards people who have actual life obligations, they can't sit on a thread all freaking day. Learn some freaking respect for your fellow members, who are just trying to find out info as are we!
edit on 12-3-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (error)

edit on 12-3-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What happened to this thread Op? Yersterday it was full of information.

Now the trolls are full of s&%t. I just woke up trying to catch up on what happened, wanting to read about the explosion and all I get to read about is a bunch of crap by a bunch of( how did the poster above put it?) WANKERS.

Thanks for the non info, info.

I can see the mods took a break from keeping this thread straight.
edit on 12-3-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join