It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
Foxnews reporting new 6.4 aftershock near the nuclear plant.

Oh dear. How much more can that area take? Prayers for everyone in that area. What channel is that on?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfcomplex

I wouldn't even try! lol. Everything is picking up again, I'm happy to help anyone find any previously stated info! Help the facts spread! Also try: uk.reuters.com...

That and BBC! Info seems to be on there fairly quickly!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

edit on 12-3-2011 by birdVSworm because: Double post

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Here is a link to footage of the actual explosion at the reactor.

BBC

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
More bad news.

They just reported here in Japan on the news that a city of 10,000 people is... missing. No one from the city can be found. No government officials. No police. No fire fighters. No citizens. No one. It appears that maybe they got no warning at all before the first tsunami hit.

Also, 4 JR trains are still missing. Unknown number of people aboard at time tsunamis hit.
edit on 12-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
News seems to have slowed down a lot about what's currently happening.
I just went off to fix my avatar and thought I'd have pages to catch up with, but we've only progressed by one page... and it took me ages to fix my avatar.

Perhaps no news is good news in this case?
Maybe it's time I tried to get some sleep. Stay safe friends, see you in a while.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Gov says no significant amount of radiation has been leaked yet but that could change any min. Reports of Japan handing out iodine to citizens to protect against radiation......

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost
More bad news.

They just reported here in Japan on the news that a city of 10,000 people is... missing. No one from the city can be found. No government officials. No police. No fire fighters. No citizens. No one. It appears that maybe they got no warning at all before the first tsunami hit.

Also, 4 JR trains are still missing. Unknown number of people aboard at time tsunamis hit.

Believe someone already showed the footage of an entire city being swept away - and not sure, but have read reports of at least two cities were swept away.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by MidnightTide

Yup...same report on BBC news TV... they say 10,000 but I dont think we need to quibble over 500 .

They were showing this village these people are missing from.. before and after photos.. it is shocking.

Hey there Extralien, I saw those pictures too ... it really brings home the impact of the devastation ... I can't even begin to imagine where or how these poor people are going to start to put their lives back together.

Woody

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by birdVSworm

No you're right, I don't think I have to try it. But thanks for the links, and if there's an actual update i'll post it. Anyway this is nice to keep us up to date and for future reference. It's like a mega journal.

edit on 12-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: grammar

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
News from BBC live feed:

# 1459: At least three residents evacuated from a town near quake-hit Fukushima No. 1 plant have been exposed to radiation, both Kyodo and NHK report

Not good...They were evacuate, what, 24 hours ago?
edit on 12-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by MedievalGhost
More bad news.

Believe someone already showed the footage of an entire city being swept away - and not sure, but have read reports of at least two cities were swept away.

It's terrible. The death toll will be much higher than most expected. I also found a bit more about it here on an English site:

•Around 10,000 people are missing in the town of Minami Sanriku-cho in Miyagi prefecture, according to Japanese TV reports.

link

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by MidnightTide

Yup...same report on BBC news TV... they say 10,000 but I dont think we need to quibble over 500 .

They were showing this village these people are missing from.. before and after photos.. it is shocking.

Hey there Extralien, I saw those pictures too ... it really brings home the impact of the devastation ... I can't even begin to imagine where or how these poor people are going to start to put their lives back together.

Woody

CNN (cable) was reporting moments ago that one location is reporting over 9,000 people missing.

When you look at the devastation, and realize how densely populated some of these places were, you can see how the loss of life will be massive.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I couldnt agree more. All I am saying is that in terms of what can be measured by the equipment they are using, one would expect the radiation level to decrease somewhat, because that radiation which does exist is being dispersed over a wider area than before, therefore fewer parts per billion are comming into contact with the sensors of the measuring device.
It is somewhat disturbing that this is occuring but at the same time, it is very much preferable, when compared to the possibilty of the reactor being breached and the nuclear fuel, and waste products being exposed to the air.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Have tried to do a comparison image using google earth but its hard to get the exact area shown in the picture i found on the net..
nonetheless, it gives you a massive idea as to what has happened..
Have also done one of Sendai airport.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Does it seem probable that the electric universe theory may be causing these earthquakes?

One more thought that seems to keep coming up; the earth's plates builds up pressure before it slips, what reason is there for aftershocks. Seems the pressure would be lost in the earthquake and all should be quiet until more pressure builds.
But if earthquakes are the result of electric fields it would be understandable to see smaller discharges called aftershocks.

it would be nice if EMF meters were on when these events happen.

Media has not speculated on the comets close flyby, sure seems odd this large quake just happens when the comet was close.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I stand corrected. About half the town's population of 20,000 people in Minami Sanriku-cho is missing- about 10,000 people. Still tragic.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

That is massive!!

I have not seen a comparison like that side by side...

Mother nature can be cruel.....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
just a tragic horrible thing to watch,towns being swept away in an instant,what a massive clean up operation & the deaths could be in there thousands.
so many quakes happening,nuclear plant problems,when will it end.

good to see other countries not wasting time & getting in there to help.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

At least three people evacuated from a Japanese town near a quake-hit nuclear plant have been exposed to radiation. The three were randomly chosen for examination out of about 90 bedridden patients moved from a hospital in the town of Futaba-machi. Read more: www.news.com.au...

new topics

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join