It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
There seems to be a news conference going on right now on NHK....I wonder what they're saying..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

# 0847: NHK TV carrying advice to people to protect themselves against radiation. Experts say people should cover their mouths and noses with wet towels. Exposed skin should also be covered and people should wash after coming indoors. People should also avoid vegetables and other fresh food, as well as tap water, until authorities give the all-clear.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I hope not.

With the reports of strong shaking before the explosion, it could have been another aftershock, rather than the reactor causing it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Japan Chief Cabinet Secretary Edano: expands evacuation area at no.2 plant to 10 km

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Very very strange.

It was a guy talking about the explosion @ the plant with the footage.

hmm

Youtube censorship!??!?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
wow they did remove the video. that is weird.

link   

Originally posted by balon0
reply to post by gringoboy

What? When I click on that, youtube says "This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content. Sorry about that."

exactly its being sensored other members saw it ,its real it exploded.

link   
Before and after photos of the (ex)reactor housing.

link   
I can't understand much of whats being said on some of the feeds, but i did hear them giving wind directions and telling people to stay indoors...that doesn't sound to good to me :-(

link   
I was just on ar15.com and the exposure for 1015mSv is 101.5 rem per hour 4-5 hours exposure to that and you have a 50% death rate 9-10 hours 100%....ugh god.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

I hope not.

With the reports of strong shaking before the explosion, it could have been another aftershock, rather than the reactor causing it.

it sounds like it wasnt the reactor that blew but rather an explosion that caused damage to the reactor...im reading the ceiling and walls of the reactor have been destroyed

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Get ready for a bunch of heroes to appear: The Liquidators

And be sure ATS'ers, to say Thanks for the Helicopters...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

847: NHK TV carrying advice to people to protect themselves against radiation. Experts say people should cover their mouths and noses with wet towels. Exposed skin should also be covered and people should wash after coming indoors. People should also avoid vegetables and other fresh food, as well as tap water, until authorities give the all-clear.

bad gets worse real fast

link   
Y'all, this is extremely bad. That high of levels of radiation, the reactor caving in, a wider evacuation around the SECOND REACTOR.....

I live on the west coast. Im legitimately worried now.

link   
www.examiner.com...

This Link is to a video of the explosion. Fox and CNN broke in briefly to confirm explosion but then returned to re-runs. I love it. 24 hour news EXCEPT when you need it.

Fox reporting now possible worse-case scenario "an event that has never happened before"

MELTDOWN

edit on 12-3-2011 by Leroy because: Spelling

edit on 12-3-2011 by Leroy because: Meltdown

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

# 0855: Some pictures have come through now on Japanese TV of that explosion. It looks very strong. You can see debris being blasted from the building, then a cloud of smoke mushrooming up from the plant.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Just seen the clip on Sky,
The whole building exploded...very bad.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by johnthejedi24

Surely thats an immense problem, considering that to stop the leakage a decent amount of
time would have to be spent on repair or diffusal, hazmat suits surely can't adequately protect a
person from what concrete and thick material shields can. People are going to be affected seriously
by this whichever way it turns out...

link   
Forget you tube www.bbc.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 12-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Y'all, this is extremely bad. That high of levels of radiation, the reactor caving in, a wider evacuation around the SECOND REACTOR.....

I live on the west coast. Im legitimately worried now.

Pay attention to the jetstream information.

The confusion is just really too much right now.. but plan for the worst.

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join