It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 149
<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
radiation was detected

www.cnn.com...

just heard this on CNN

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Yep, from what ive read it seems to be that ceiling.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Streaming news is stating it IS leaking now...

www.justin.tv...

link   
Radiation has been detected.
If people are exposed to this amount of radiation for an hour, it would be the same a regular person is exposed to in a year.

One hour of this radiation = One year of regular radiation

link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by captaintyinknots

What does that mean? The Actual Reactor Ceiling? Where the Nuclear Rods are held??

Not sure. I am passing it along exactly as I read it. I'm pretty sure they mean the actual reactor though.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
So was the actual concrete containment compromised?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
NHK reporting exposure levels now up to 1,015 microsieverts in the area since the explosion.. any idea how much that is?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Sky news, reported confirmation from the Japanese media, the walls and roof were destroyed.

Strong shaking before explosion.

Again, still no confirmation of which building at the plant they are refering to.

A press statement is due shortly about this.
edit on 12-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Heh, a catastrophic failure, a Nuclear Meltdown?

CNN is just looping no breaking news...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Not sure whether anyone has flagged this up or not so apologies if it has already been mentioned.

There appears to be an increasing interest amongst geologists that oil drilling, especially deep oil drilling, may trigger earthquakes. About a week or so ago there was a moratorium on drilling in Arkansas because there were concerns on oil drilling causing earthquakes in that region - see or example -

globalrumblings.blogspot.com...

The notion is, as I understand it, that mini-seismic earthquakes caused by drilling and extraction of oil causes the surrounding rocks to shift positions to fill in the newly vacated spaces. This movement may seem small but like an avalanche effect a small movement triggers larger and larger movements.

When one thinks about the amount of oil drilling and the emphasis becoming more and more on deep sea oil drilling I wonder whether the connection between oil drilling and earthquakes may have some relevance. If there is such a scientific connection it may have been covered up and discredited by the major oil companies.

Another link-

www.opednews.com...

Aeonflux

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Here's another Twitter feed on the Status of the Nike Plants

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I honestly don't know how they are going to handle rods exposed to air. Having worked with reactors for a good chunk of my adult life, this is about as bad as it can get. My prayers are with the workers at the plant.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

101.5 millirem i think.
edit on 3/12/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
NHK reporting exposure levels now up to 1,015 microsieverts in the area since the explosion.. any idea how much that is?

You get 50 microsieverts for a standard chest X-ray.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

What? When I click on that, youtube says "This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content. Sorry about that."

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac

You get 50 microsieverts for a standard chest X-ray.

They said you will get radioactive exposure in 1hour, what you normally would take in in 1 year

link   

Jiji news agency said there had been an explosion at the stricken 40-year-old Daichi 1 reactor and TV footage showed vapour rising from the plant, which lies 240 km (150 miles) north of Tokyo

not sure if this is the same explosion or not, but they specifically state it is the reactorrr

link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

thats quite a lot ... in cernobal , the soldiers who helped to clear out the debris was exposed to 250 micros...
they were all affected by cancer , mental disorders , etc

link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Ah man, This really is starting to suck. Nice grab Gringo. Might as well bitch everyone out who's been say'in the world isn't ending. You people been saying that for century's. No predictictions ever happen. the bible is BS.
Well the world just ended for Japan, didn't it ? What a precarious perch we post ourselves upon with so much arrogance. Godsmacked. The safe money says he isn't finished by a damn site.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

video of explosion

link

Ok.. that video clearly shows an explosion at the plant.

That is not a soft release of gas.

Don't know about you but sure look like a explosion to me

Question now is the core is open air now sound bad to me
I quess their were coverring up how bad it was all the time
quess i'm going to go get some pill tomorrow before their run out
Then their wounder why we do not believe them when their feed us their BS on mainstream.

top topics

<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join