It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Further evacuations have been ordered, to include the people trying to cool down the reactors, a 9 meter wave was incoming to the Japanese coast.

ISSUED AT 0540Z 12 MAR 2011
THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO AREAS WITHIN AND BORDERING THE PACIFIC
OCEAN AND ADJACENT SEAS...EXCEPT ALASKA...BRITISH COLUMBIA...
WASHINGTON...OREGON AND CALIFORNIA.
... A WIDESPREAD TSUNAMI WARNING IS IN EFFECT ...
...A TSUNAMI WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR
JAPAN / MEXICO / ANTARCTICA / CHILE / ECUADOR /
COLOMBIA / PERU

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
CNN reporting Cesium released into the air, possible cause from melting of rods.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
CNN International
Growing concerns about failed nuclear plants in #Japan. Expert warns that time is running short.
on.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Wait a second here
How can you have a new wave without a new earthquake

Maybe those postting with ???? on USGS earlyer

Something funny goning on HERE

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap
Further evacuations have been ordered, to include the people trying to cool down the reactors, a 9 meter wave was incoming to the Japanese coast.

ISSUED AT 0540Z 12 MAR 2011
THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO AREAS WITHIN AND BORDERING THE PACIFIC
OCEAN AND ADJACENT SEAS...EXCEPT ALASKA...BRITISH COLUMBIA...
WASHINGTON...OREGON AND CALIFORNIA.
... A WIDESPREAD TSUNAMI WARNING IS IN EFFECT ...
...A TSUNAMI WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR
JAPAN / MEXICO / ANTARCTICA / CHILE / ECUADOR /
COLOMBIA / PERU

do you have the source of this material? so I can send it forward to my mates here in Chile who lives near the oast (and are experiencing the tsunamis right now)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Tsunami Warnings
twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

Where is this source coming from ,seems unrealiable and looks unoriginal....if you get my drift....and it is a NOAA retyped to fit agenda message.misunderstood source from above

Tsunami Information Earthquake Information Message Time: 12 Mar 2011 05:40 UTC Message Num: 26 Message Text: click to read Message Type: a Widespread Tsunami Warning is in Effect Warning: Japan, Mexico, Antarctica, Chile, Ecuador, Colombia, Peru Watch: ETAs / Obs: measurements Preliminary (PTWC) Official (USGS) Origin Time: 11 Mar 2011 05:46 UTC 11 Mar 2011 05:46 UTC Magnitude: 8.9 Mwp (reviewed by PTWC) 7.9 Latitude: 38.3° N 38.3° N Longitude: 142.4° E 142.4° E Depth: 24 km (14.9 mi) 24.4 km (15.2 mi) Location: Near East Coast of Honshu Japan More Info.: updated earthquake information from the USGS NEIC

Origin time !

Preliminary (PTWC) Official (USGS) Origin Time: 11 Mar 2011 05:46 UTC 11 Mar 2011 05:46 UTC Magnitude: 8.9 Mwp (reviewed by PTWC) 7.9

edit on 12-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think it's been canceled, as of 06:36 UTC.

ptwc.weather.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

I just checked again before turning out the lights, the breaking news has been removed and I didn't see any new reports. I think the one you are referring to was before the breaking bulletin on Press TV which has now been removed (covered up?) Japan is downplaying everything despite what videos that have come out.

Sorry to say, but... I don't think they could have fixed the problem that quickly. I hope and pray they did.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jammoon1

Jeah, coincidentally, I just visited that page on Spaceweather.

But they did say this,

Some material was surely hurled in our direction, but PROBABLY not enough for significant Earth-effects.

So they don´t really know either.

edit on 12-3-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: spelling

edit on 12-3-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
reply to post by gluetrap

Where is this source coming from ,seems unrealiable and looks unoriginal....if you get my drift....and it is a NOAA retyped to fit agenda message.
edit on 12-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

I'm guessing its from here:
ptwc.weather.gov...

although its tough to decipher exactly when it is from

ETA: it also says:

000 WEPA40 PHEB 120636 TSUPAC TSUNAMI BULLETIN NUMBER 027 PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER/NOAA/NWS ISSUED AT 0636Z 12 MAR 2011 THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO AREAS WITHIN AND BORDERING THE PACIFIC OCEAN AND ADJACENT SEAS...EXCEPT ALASKA...BRITISH COLUMBIA... WASHINGTON...OREGON AND CALIFORNIA. ... TSUNAMI WARNING CANCELLATION ... THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO AREAS WITHIN AND BORDERING THE PACIFIC OCEAN AND ADJACENT SEAS...EXCEPT ALASKA...BRITISH COLUMBIA... WASHINGTON...OREGON AND CALIFORNIA. THE TSUNAMI WARNING AND/OR WATCH ISSUED BY THE PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER IS NOW CANCELLED FOR JAPAN / RUSSIA / MARCUS IS. / N. MARIANAS / GUAM / WAKE IS. / TAIWAN / YAP / PHILIPPINES / MARSHALL IS. / BELAU / MIDWAY IS. / POHNPEI / CHUUK / KOSRAE / INDONESIA / PAPUA NEW GUINEA / NAURU / JOHNSTON IS. / SOLOMON IS. / KIRIBATI / HOWLAND-BAKER / HAWAII / TUVALU / PALMYRA IS. / VANUATU / TOKELAU / JARVIS IS. / WALLIS-FUTUNA / SAMOA / AMERICAN SAMOA / COOK ISLANDS / NIUE / AUSTRALIA / FIJI / NEW CALEDONIA / TONGA / MEXICO / KERMADEC IS / FR. POLYNESIA / NEW ZEALAND / PITCAIRN / GUATEMALA / EL SALVADOR / COSTA RICA / NICARAGUA / ANTARCTICA / PANAMA / HONDURAS / CHILE / ECUADOR / COLOMBIA / PERU

edit on 12-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Latest Temblor An Interplate Quake: Meteorological Agency
e.nikkei.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Japan earthquake factbox: Entire Japan coast shifted 2.4 metres, earth axis moves ten inches
www.vancouversun.com...

This is bigger then their letting on

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
fllowing @pacific now, they cancelled the new alert... geeeeeez...
i think i can't stand another day like today....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Godspeed to everyone in Japan.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Press releases from TEPCO on power plants status

TEPCO

Tepco 2

not sure how current this is now
edit on 12-3-2011 by okiecowboy because: add link

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Ustream live video from networks in Japan. No translation but compelling none the less in the scope of the pictures alone.

Streaming Live Coverage from Japan

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
im reading people saying there was an explosion on the power plant on twitter

Is this true or false.?!?!?!?!

i feel so uninformed right now.
NHK keep replaying the same chinese,portuguese and japanese videos

EDIT: its official that an explosion was HEARD. Reuters say so on twitter
edit on 12-3-2011 by metodex because: (no reason given)

EDIT 2: REUTERS SAYING SEVERAL PEOPLE INJURED AFTER EXPLOSION!
JESUS WTF IS GOING ON THERE¿!!!
edit on 12-3-2011 by metodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hi I'm kind of new to ATS , but I have a couple of questions someone might be able to answer for me. Is this massive earthquake that happened in Japan possibly related to a pole shift, the supposed Planet x or brown dwarf planet that some say is approaching, or is mother nature just getting tired of our ass? Also, I read that the moon in full will be passing extremely close to our planet on March 19th and that it may effect the earth somehow. I read that the last time this happened was back in 2005 several days after the massive Indonesian earthquake and tsunami. Any thought's on this?

Thanks

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Rueters Flash: Several people appear to have been injured after reported Fukushima plant explosion.

If Rueters Flashes this information, they have confirmed it.
edit on 3/12/2011 by Whisper67 because: massive mispell insured/injured

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join