It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I hope you're ok.

You got someone coming for ya?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I found this video on CNN to be especially creepy.

Ground shifting and water seeping

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Does it seem like the news just keeps repeating the same thing??

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There was an x class solar flare on the 10th, it was supposed to reach earth in three days.

Is there a connection to this earthquake?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lamesauce
I found this video on CNN to be especially creepy.

Ground shifting and water seeping

Ah yeah, I checked that out..creepy wasn't the half of it...it looked as though he was standing on land that was floating

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Reply to post by projectvxn

Just picked up by sherrif and Emergency Response Team. At truckstop now. Will ride this storm out here. Hopefully get towed out tomorrow. Thanks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by apperingthoughts

I suppose they're just struggling to confirm things in an extensively fluid news situation

reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Good to know.

Stay safe.

edit on 12-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UrgentInsurgent

Your signature = Tune

I don't think it really matters at this point what caused it. I just want them to fix that reactor already. But your right, could have been the x flare.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by apperingthoughts
reply to post by projectvxn

Does it seem like the news just keeps repeating the same thing??
NOT AT ALL

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by apperingthoughts

I'm new to this website, but I have been following since page 1 last night. The posts have been much more informational than any single main steam news outlet, very much appreciated over here considering there are still many questions to be answered since it seems, unfortunately, the aftershocks haven't exactly weakened. This video of the ground moving almost looks like that island is floating apart. I can't believe the destruction that has already taken place and continues to take place. The creepiest part of this is how the water shoots up like a fountain and the ground is tearing like paper. Sleep has come very hard over the passed 24 hours, my thoughts and prayers go out to everybody affected.

edit on 12-3-2011 by Arrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
15:31 12 March [1:31 AM EST]
BREAKING NEWS: Pressure successfully released from Fukushima No. 1 reactor
edit on 3/12/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

In the latest news box
english.kyodonews.jp...
edit on 3/12/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
15:31 12 March
BREAKING NEWS: Pressure successfully released from Fukushima No. 1 reactor

Link it brother....then I can sleep for a little while....

Thanks for the link...hope its true....and goodnight all
edit on 12-3-2011 by mutantgenius because: ty for linky

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
Just a passing thought....I wonder where the elite are right now? Hunkering in their bunker? I cant go to bed until I know that this isn't gonna happen.

The Rockefellers are in New Delhi - timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

I've also heard that Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are also in New Delhi, but I can't find a link to that info at the moment. Will post link here once I find it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I saw this probably over 100 pages ago and might have already been a resolved issue, but somebody mentioned they thought some people were almost asking for the worse because of their tone in questioning the death toll. To be honest, I do not know these certain people's thought processes, but I don't see their questioning as hoping for the worse. Rather, I, myself, think it is just really hard to wrap one's head about these numbers being released because of seeing the mass destruction JUST from the tsunami, the quake alone was huge, and the aftershocks aren't making matters any better.

Once again, never felt so moved by a catastrophe of this magnitude, I can only pray for the best.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Arrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Here's something useful that Google came up with - an interactive map showing not only areas affected by quake & tsunami, but also evac zone for nuke plants

mw1.google.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
i hate it that people are now talking about not constructing nuclear power plants.I think they're good under good management,as in japan.Not even one would work in latinamerica.

The problem in Japan is not using nuclear energy,is probably the placement of these plants.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by metodex

Will u be saying the same thing after the new madrid fault lets loose and those reactors meltdown? They were just in the wrong places after all.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
NHK World has been giving live instructions telling people how to deal with radiation from leaks and venting

NHK

The government's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency says 2 radioactive substances, cesium and radioactive iodine, have been detected near the Number One reactor at the Fukushima Number One nuclear power station.

NHK

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by UrgentInsurgent
There was an x class solar flare on the 10th, it was supposed to reach earth in three days.

Is there a connection to this earthquake?

They've now said there was no CME with this flare

spaceweather.com... (about half-way down page)

but the stuff that comes off the sun with the actual flare moves much quicker than CME's, so I understand, so maybe.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Finally something on CNN. Radioactive material may have leaked LInk name is different on the home page compared to the actual article name.

new topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join