It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Apparently CESIUM is present and that means the meltdown has likely occurred or occuring.

Apparently it's a sign that fuel rods are melting.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Japan Fears Nuclear Plant Meltdown

Japanese nuclear authorities said that there was a high possibility that nuclear fuel rods at a reactor at Tokyo Electric Power's Daiichi plant may be melting or have melted, Jiji news agency reported on Saturday.

The news comes as authorities battle to contain rising pressure in other nuclear reactors damaged by the massive earthquake which triggered a tsunami, killing at least 613 people.

A state of emergency has been declared for five nuclear reactors at two different sites in Fukushima, located about 250 kilometres northeast of greater Tokyo.

Help...

Watch live and video on above url...

EDIT TO ADD:

The above article also states:

"Even in the worst-case scenario, that would mean some radioactive leakage and equipment damage, but not an explosion. If venting is done carefully, there will be little leakage. Certainly not beyond the 3 km radius."

So we can only hope and pray they're telling the truth here..

peace again
edit on 11-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Wow, from arclight on twitter : .@kodamotiv I'm setting up Skype for an interview with CNN. This is not how I planned my day. #shouldvedonelaundry

twitter.com...

He also said : Apparently 30-90cm of the fuel is uncovered at Fukushima Daiichi Unit 1. It's looking grim.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The plant's operator, the Tokyo Electric Power Company, tells AFP: "We believe the reactor is not melting down or cracking. We are trying to raise the water level."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Key words to me: "We BELIEVE".

Plausible deniability established.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
What would happen to the USA if the worst of the worst happened?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I've read conflicting reports all day long... the reactors are in danger... they arent... well one is.... no none are... wait 3 of them are ready to meltdown... no make that none... wait wait one is... nope its not...'

maybe I am not reading right?... I sometimes have trouble understanding things... but whats going on?!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Cesium detected around reactor in japan sign of meltdown. Might already b posted but I can't tell. I'm stuck in a f-ing blizzard. Truck in ditch.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
I've read conflicting reports all day long... the reactors are in danger... they arent... well one is.... no none are... wait 3 of them are ready to meltdown... no make that none... wait wait one is... nope its not...'

Can.... you.... ummm..... err.... speak.... in ..... english..... that ... is actualy... understnadable?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CNN now reporting on melting rods.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

???? Why the snark? I understood the poster's english just fine. Is it all the periods that are confusing you? Read them as a short pause.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

De nyhetsartiklar är motstridiga. Är det fara från reaktorn? Berättelsen håller ändra från bra till dålig!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Cesium has been detected outside a reactor indicating a nuclear reaction..the detection indicates the fuel is melting

NHK WORLD

on the breaking news ticker

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just a passing thought....I wonder where the elite are right now? Hunkering in their bunker? I cant go to bed until I know that this isn't gonna happen.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Thank you! My grammar sucks... so I try to cover it up by putting ... after everything... I cant seem to understand "proper" punctuation...

thank you...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This just keeps getting worse! They are all in my prayers!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Heard on msnbc on satellite radio that there are four reactors in danger. Not four power plants but four reactors at one location. Still in ditch.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Heard on msnbc on satellite radio that there are four reactors in danger. Not four power plants but four reactors at one location. Still in ditch.

I think its four (or five) in two locations. Actually. Im pretty sure its two.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by mutantgenius

Oh..... Wow. This is not good at all. I will try to keep up, thanks for the updates. ATS is the only thing that is going well for me at the moment. LOL

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
"FEMA Fully activated Do what you are told!"

www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join