It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Sorry I dont post very often but ITN UK reporting Japan in State of Nuclear Alert I'm copy and pasting 2 links

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Also one link from AFP

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
BBC news now saying that a French news agency is reporting a meltdown in progress.

Link??

I can't see that anywhere (yet?)

Try here

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here is some youtube footage of the tsunami wave hitting Hawaii:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Fox is reporting that news agencies in Japan are reporting a meltdown in progress on Fukujima number 1 and possible meltdown at two others. So that concurs your link as well. When it rains it pours doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackFox
Question and I really hope I can post this here (being new I am not always sure of the exact rules) but I was wondering about the Whirl Pools set off by the tsunami's. And forgive my ignorance but I thought that the water of a whirl pool had to GO somewhere, much like in a drain. So how exactly are these whirl pools working? My Da mentioned something about Krakatoa and that there was a whirlpool involved there or something? I find the whirl pools fascinating on a rather odd and morbid level! Any information would be great!

Colliding tides and currents.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Whirlpools are ocean currents that move in a rotating direction, produced by rising and falling tides. Some of these exhibit a downward pull, called a vortex.

As in this case, the tides have been massively affected with the quake, triggering tsunamis, I imagine the whirlpool was formed either when the tide pulled back out, conflicting with yet another incoming tide.

The currents 'collided' and the two forces fought to form a point of least resistance, in this case, a circular whirlpool.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

BBC news now saying that a French news agency is reporting a meltdown in progress.

Link??

I can't see that anywhere (yet?)

Try here

That's the main page, no sign of any meltdown there, nothing in the asia or world section, I already checked, maybe the BBC isn't reporting it online yet?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
wwitv.com...

I was looking for this. Listen in to this, it goes from Japanese to English, so give it a minute. They will eventually update on the Nuclear situation.

www.microsofttranslator.com...
Also this from yahoo news japan.
edit on 11-3-2011 by mutantgenius because: add link

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackFox

To do with thermal dynamics of the sea temperature and how it reacted to the quick change in water temperature from incoming sea water from epicenter.

link   

Originally posted by Golithion
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Fox is reporting that news agencies in Japan are reporting a meltdown in progress on Fukujima number 1 and possible meltdown at two others. So that concurs your link as well. When it rains it pours doesn't it?

Sounds like fearmongering. 1 plant is supposed to have melting fuel rods, which is seriously bad, but 3? That's madness, and probably Fox News talking crap.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

0529: Back to the quake-damaged nuclear power plant Fukushima-Daiichi, and worrying reports on the AFP news agency, quoting Japanese media, that it "may be experiencing nuclear meltdown"

on BBC twitter page here

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
translate.google.ca...

Just found this link on GLP.: www.godlikeproductions.com...

Apparently CESIUM is present and that means the meltdown has likely occurred or occuring.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Its here and it says Japanese Media reports not confirmed...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
March 12, 2011, 12:42 a.m. EST
Japan warns of meltdown at quake-hit plant: Kyodo
www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

I guess BBC and that other French source are fear mongering and talking crap too?

Can we please try to understand that during these kinds of events information is fluid.

link   
Kyodo news network is reporting a high possibility of nuclear meltdown.

BREAKING NEWS: Fukushima nuke plant might be experiencing nuclear meltdown

english.kyodonews.jp...

link   

Actually, they were quoting from a AP article which stated it was possible shortly after that it was in progress at Fukujima 1 and two other plants, were fuel rods were exposed and in the process of melting.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I can't hear the live feed here because my sound is broken but it's Japanese news in English and they are going over the cooling I can tell by the diagrams News will be here of a meltdown first it is who CNN is sourcing from:

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
'The Scale Of Disaster Seems Beyond Our Imagination'
www.npr.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I guess BBC and that other French source are fear mongering and talking crap too?

Can we please try to understand that during these kinds of events information is fluid.

If they're saying 3 reactors, then yeah, maybe they both are. Anyway, maybe they're right, I just don't trust anything that's owned by Rupert Murdoch and never will. He has enough of his media in the UK, I know what his news companies are like.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
english.kyodonews.jp...

Looks like it's going to be another bad day.

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join