It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gildedlily

Listening to NHK Live from Japan I heard it was 'downgraded' to 8.8 also, but, that was about 6 hours ago? Could it have swung back the other way?

peace

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
Anyone still on the thread from earlier that has any links for updates on the Nuclear Reactors? I am really on edge about that. Plus it might help to repost any good news links for newcomers.
By the way, we did hear about the huge crack in the earths crust...crazy stufff...

This will help, evacuation,plants running on battery,once runs out KABOOM,unless they get external power supply feed
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 11-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012DragonSlayer
Flood reports from Hawaii say damage limited to the Honolulu's hall of records.. sadly all birth certificates from 1960 threw 1962 were destroyed..hmmm..

Obama's right! I did post on another thread about this. The court case that was going through. And Saudi Arabia's protest fizzled. I am very tempted to believe a deal was cut, in their end game stuff. I think a nuke, and scalar is involved. And that the meltdown could hide the evidence.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted before:

(big explosion @ 1:47)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by 2012DragonSlayer
Flood reports from Hawaii say damage limited to the Honolulu's hall of records.. sadly all birth certificates from 1960 threw 1962 were destroyed..hmmm..

Are you kidding around or what? It sounds like a bad joke but I just can't tell. Please tell me your joking.

Everyone else....thanks for the links. BBC was showing prerecorded stuff earlier but now they are talking about this. NHK seems to be a good informative site too.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is on the RSOE website:

Situation Update No. 6
On 12.03.2011 at 04:46 GMT+2

Japanese authorities have informed the IAEA’s Incident and Emergency Centre (IEC) that they have ordered the evacuation of residents within a three-kilometre radius of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, and told people within a 10-kilometre radius to remain indoors. The Japanese authorities say there has so far been no release of radiation from any of the nuclear power plants affected by today’s earthquake and aftershocks. “The IAEA continues to stand ready to provide technical assistance of any kind, should Japan request this,” IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said. The IAEA’s IEC continues to liaise with the Japanese authorities, and is in full response mode to monitor the situation closely round the clock.

None of that sounds good.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Holy cow!!! That was huge dude!! Man, i hope everyone there is ok

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
just a casual earthquake thought... if California falls off into the sea, Cali wine would be an AWESOME investment!! (before that time of course)

that's pretty much it for now - interesting times with all the earthquakes and volcanoes! Glad to see some resident experts in our forums.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
benjaminfulford.typepad.com...

The horrific earthquake weapon attack on Japan, resulting in 10 meter tsunamis along much of Japan’s coast line came from rogue elements of the U.S. government located in underground bases in New Mexico and Nevada, according to pentagon and CIA sources.

The next target will be the New Madrid fault line in the South-Western United States, according to threats originating from the Nazi George Bush Senior faction of the U.S. government.

The United States is supposed to be an ally of Japan, we demand that you immediately send men with tanks and guns to take these bases and arrest these genocidal rogues. You know who they are and you know where they are, you must act or your own people will be next.

I know many don't take Benjamin seriously.

I do, though don't know if he's working for the Rothchild's (God/Zeus/the Eagles)/Rockefeller or not. However, what I keep bringing up to my father is this: He interviewed David Rockefeller at his place, by demand! Why don't you try that neat trick out and see if it works. When David did the interview, my jaw dropped.

Also, the Vrill/Nazi/Bush/NASA/Area 51/Groom Lake and maybe some more extra top secret ones, well....I know who they are, he named the group I know would be invovled, should this be what I think it is.

And its going to get worse, not only that, the moon is getting closer.

I really believe they're taking advantage of the whole time of this moon getting closer and directing what they want to happen first of all.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Man I hope this is not true.

Volcanoes have reportedly erupted in Japan, Indonesia, and Kamchatka Russia today, presumably due to the massive Japanese earthquake. There have been no reports of damage from the eruptions.

In addition, there are problems at three Japanese nuclear power plants.

The Fukushima plant is leaking radiation, and a nuclear expert says that things are getting worse, and "Fukushima has 24 hours to avoid a core meltdown scenario". (See Tyler Durden's report).

MSNBC reports:

"The situation is still several stages away from Three Mile Island when the reactor container ceased to function as it should," said Tomoko Murakami, leader of the nuclear energy group at Japan's Institute of Energy Economics

Two other Japanese nuclear reactors are now in trouble as well. Two other Japanese nuclear reactors are now in trouble as well [UPDATE: It is now up to 5 nuclear reactors].

As MSNBC notes:

Coolant systems failed at three quake-stricken Japanese nuclear reactors Saturday, sending radiation seeping outside one and temperatures rising out of control at two others.

Radiation surged to around 1,000 times the normal level in the control room of the No. 1 reactor of the Fukushima Daichi plant, Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said. Radiation — it was not clear how much — had also seeped outside, prompting widening of an evacuation area to a six-mile radius from a two-mile radius around the plant. Earlier, 3,000 people had been urged to leave their homes.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Saturday that the temperatures of its No.1 and No.2 reactors at its Fukushima Daini nuclear power station were rising, and it had lost control over pressure in the reactors.

About an hour after the plant shut down, however, the emergency diesel generators stopped, leaving the units with no power for important cooling functions.

Hours after the evacuation order, the government announced that the plant will release slightly radioactive vapor from the unit to lower the pressure in an effort to protect it from a possible meltdown.

Good luck to the Japanese scientists bravely trying to avert catastrophe. As MSNBC notes:

Japan has a "tremendous amount of technical capability and resources" to respond to the issue ..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
"The next target will be the New Madrid fault line in the South-Western United States, according to threats originating from the Nazi George Bush Senior faction of the U.S. government."

The New Madrid is located around southwest indiana. I'd think they could atleast get that right.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i thougt the richter scale stopped at seven
at least thats wat i was told in school

edit on 11-3-2011 by icecold7 because: smiley

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
BBC news now saying that a French news agency is reporting a meltdown in progress.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
i thougt the richter scale stopped at seven
at least thats wat i was told in school

edit on 11-3-2011 by icecold7 because: smiley

The Japan Meteorological Agency seismic intensity scale stops at 7. The Richter magnitude scale doesn't have an upper limit.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Was just watching TBS feed from Japan...I could be wrong as I am very rusty with the language but they were just talking about cesium being detected outside the power plant and things melting...
Anyone speak Japanese that can watch for a while and maybe confirm this?

TBS

May have to watch for a bit but they keep coming back to that story

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm fairly smart (or so I tell my friends
) but I don't have the skill, or time to acquire it, to run these equations, but I'm sure someone here either can do so, or has software that will.

That would confirm whether these aftershocks are 'normal' or fall as statistical outliers in both numbers and severity.

Stay safe, everyone
edit on 11-3-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: typo, punctuation

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
BBC news now saying that a French news agency is reporting a meltdown in progress.

Link??

I can't see that anywhere (yet?)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I am hearing one of the cores is in melt down. Will edit in a few minutes with some links. Don't know for sure yet...

jibtv.com...

This is all I'm finding besides a million tweets on it. I can't watch it so I can't say what it is reporting
edit on 11-3-2011 by mutantgenius because: add link

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Just heard a 6.8 has now struck on the east coast of japan.... earthquake.usgs.gov...

This is bad news.
edit on 11-3-2011 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Question and I really hope I can post this here (being new I am not always sure of the exact rules) but I was wondering about the Whirl Pools set off by the tsunami's. And forgive my ignorance but I thought that the water of a whirl pool had to GO somewhere, much like in a drain. So how exactly are these whirl pools working? My Da mentioned something about Krakatoa and that there was a whirlpool involved there or something? I find the whirl pools fascinating on a rather odd and morbid level! Any information would be great!

new topics

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join