It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

i know that was just the title of the article goodnight ATS ive been up over 24 hours dosing off now, hope i could help out today. sorry to the ones that i butted heads with. be safe.

link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

if so, i think there right to down play it for the time being. sensationalist reports of deaths tolls dont help anyone.

edit on 11-3-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Komodo3
Press TV an Iranian News has so far had breaking news on the reactors. It issued about an hour ago that ALL the reactor cooling system has shut down. That looks like meltdown is imminent. There was also a dam that collapsed northeast Honshu and flooded towns along the river.

www.presstv.com...

Hey can you clarify where they say this? I am looking now and watching and I see nothing saying melt down is imminent. BTW I love this site just found it today.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Anyone else noticing a pattern?
On USGS I'm seeing seismic activity every 10 or so minutes and a big (red) one every 30 or so entries in Japan.
So then the next red one should be in about 2 and a half hours from now.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
6.8 aftershock off the coast of Japan. I think in the same area. I saw a report that the original earthquake caused a rip in the sea floor 186 miles long, 93 miles wide and the epicenter was 15 miles below the sea floor.

www.presstv.com...
edit on 11-3-2011 by Komodo3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

28 minutes ago near the north coast of Papua, Indonesia 5.5

26 minutes ago near the east coast of Honshu, Japan 5.2

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I did number crunching from usgs

and

A total of 157 after shocks

Average magnitude - 5.4

signing of for tonight

Thanks

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This may be repeats since there's 140 pages, but burkewx on twitter says magnitude has been upgraded to 9.1 and @wxbrad says "NASA geophysicist says bc of the Japan earthquake the Earth's rotation sped up by 1.6 microseconds".
Again, unconfirmed and been out all day, just catching up on things. Sorry if repost.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
At this point, unless the news is time-stamped to be "breaking" as of 5 minutes ago or less, you can assume it's already been posted here.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
www.youtube.com.../u/1/p1zL3SRC6Dg

So this is how entire towns disappear... wow.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
They just had cali on usgs again with a ? for the mag...now its gone. Wierd.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I haven't kept up with the whole thread, so this may have been addressed, but for all of us living on the west coast of the U.S,...if you haven't invested in potassium iodide pills to conteract radiation fallout, you might want to think of getting some, pronto.

We're just an ocean and a few day's of prevailing winds away...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I now realize that a much less complicated pattern on when the 6+ MAG EQs happen in Japan is simply every 5 hours.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

I just saw that on RSOE - a 2.2 in Crocker Place Cali.
Thought you might like the link if you haven't seen it before. Great way to stay up to the minute on all of this.

peace

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pintobean
This may be repeats since there's 140 pages, but burkewx on twitter says magnitude has been upgraded to 9.1 and @wxbrad says "NASA geophysicist says bc of the Japan earthquake the Earth's rotation sped up by 1.6 microseconds".
Again, unconfirmed and been out all day, just catching up on things. Sorry if repost.

This is my understanding as well. The poster that stated I "adjusted it downward" must have been a bit confused.

The sheer amount of information on the recent events in the Pacific is more than slightly overwhelming. What happened off the coast of Japan was devastating however one wants to put it. My point is that splitting hairs is not the way to appropriately analyze the impact this will have on the people of Japan and of all the world.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Has anybody seen this yet? www.newschannel5.com...
Heard about it on the radio at work. A hundred an fifty mile long by fifty mile wide tear in the earths crust after the 8.9 quake in Japan.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Anyone still on the thread from earlier that has any links for updates on the Nuclear Reactors? I am really on edge about that. Plus it might help to repost any good news links for newcomers.
By the way, we did hear about the huge crack in the earths crust...crazy stufff...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The operation at Fukushima No.1 plant to lower pressure of the containment vessel has been suspended due to high radiation levels at the site

Pressure of the reactor container is rising as its cooling system became dysfunctional due to a blackout and power generator breakdown. This has raised concern about possible damage to the container.

Latest report from NHK japan

Seems they are trying to find a back up plan
NHK WORLD

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Flood reports from Hawaii say damage limited to the Honolulu's hall of records.. sadly all birth certificates from 1960 threw 1962 were destroyed..hmmm..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

There is a lot of updates here..

hisz.rsoe.hu...

new topics

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join