It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord

Originally posted by Wewillallbefree
How many of you guys have seen this ?

www.atlanteanconspiracy.com...

A friend of mine and I were discussing the possibility that all the hysteria over the Earth, Sun, and the comet Elenin coming into alignment as we speak, could have provided TPTB a great opportunity to fire up HAARP, thoughts?

isin't there a way to see if harrp was on ?

Someone posted the info on another thread that HAARP WAS in full swing when this happened. Showed the
graphs as well.

edit on 11-3-2011 by xHybr1dx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
0258: Mr Acton adds: "If there is nothing worse than radioactive steam being released into the environment, then there's unlikely to be significant lasting damage to people outside of the plant. If the integrity of the core is lost and the core starts to melt, and much more radioactive steam is leaked out into the environment, then we could be in an extremely serious situation."
www.bbc.co.uk...

link   
The weather men on CNN are way to overbearing with their "POP!" description of the plates. We get it.

link   

Originally posted by iheartmobile
If you add 9-11-01 and 3-10-11 together you get 12-21-12 Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but really freaky right?

Say whaaaaa!!!

link   
they were playing a clip that said it was live and there was an 8.4, but I'm pretty sure it was from yesterday. The footage was of the plant that was on fire and eventually blew up. CNN just trying to scare people

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Another thing people should be asking themselves, the media seemed to right in the mix when it was happening, from the data I've seen the quake hit at 2:46, and news choppers were on site at 3pm, does that not seem a little fast?

link   
BBC news just reported fires at TWO nuclear power plants now. That's news to me, sorry if it's a repeat.

It's also worth mentioning that Japan has a history of understating it's radiation leaks, so who know's how damaging the leaks could be to the local area.
edit on 11/3/2011 by Doyle because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by TwistedAmnion
they were playing a clip that said it was live and there was an 8.4, but I'm pretty sure it was from yesterday. The footage was of the plant that was on fire and eventually blew up. CNN just trying to scare people

i don't think that they need to make stuff up to scare people
the world is going crazy with true doom .

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
My thoughts are going out to all those affected.

I'm looking for a good worldwide map, similar to usgs, showing live updates. Something which has zoomable regions would be good too. Any help please?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
something weird is going on at fox greta is interviewing a guy who was in the quake and it is live but they are bleeping out things he is saying ! ne one else hear this or see this ?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TwistedAmnion

Whenever they play old footage, the ticker that was at the bottom when it was live plays too. I don't think it's meant to scare people, they just don't bother putting "previously recorded" on the footage or cutting out the old ticker...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

There's Google Earth with the USGS plugin.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1kftabove
something eclipsed the sun in front of the newer SOL cam at sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
at about the same time as the EQ(8.9) i took this screenshot at 02:50(EST) -the time on the images
was 07:15(UTC) -by 07:30(UTC) they were normal again,all of the images except for top right were eclipsed like this
on that page.

i am not sure how to find archives from this website
nor am i going to make my head hurt trying to analyze these time differences UTC-vs.-EST-vs.-japan time(help)

i got just a screen shot (i might be able to find originals in temp. folders?)
(not sure where to look -google chrome on win7?)

i will also post this on the X class flare thread shortly but i felt it was very relevant due to the time and activity of SOL

i100.photobucket.com...

edit on 11/3/11 by 1kftabove because: resize img

edit on 11/3/11 by 1kftabove because: resize img

Yeah and solar cycle was out all day for denial of service!

Hmmmm..........

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wewillallbefree

Welcome to the 21st century

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Another expert opinion on the nuclear threat....
0304: Mr Lyman goes on to raise the spectre of Chernobyl: "In the worst case the entire core could melt through the steel reactor vessel and escape into the containment building, and then the containment is the only thing that is standing between the radiation in the reactor and the atmosphere. There is a chance if that does occur that there will be over pressure, the containment can fail and you might have a release on the order of the Chernobyl accident."
0302: A similar warning, but with a more doom-laden tone, comes from Edwin Lyman, a senior staff scientist at the Union of Concerned Scientists. He tells Reuters: "We don't have all the information but every indication is that the type of event that occurred there is one of the most serious things that can happen to a nuclear reactor."

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just a quick update I added up all the after shocks

a total of 150 after shocks in Japan since 8.9 earthquake.

still counting........

link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Here you are

hisz.rsoe.hu...

link   
FLASH: Japan PM says minute amounts of radiation released from Fukushima plant: Kyodo

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
My thoughts are going out to all those affected.

Especially those survivors in heavily damaged areas of northeast Japan, where there is literally no way out, roads and bridges impassable, sea ports devastated, airports out of service (runways damaged) railroad tracks damaged, no services (water, electricity, sewage, phone/cell communications internet etc.)

Yeah, that would suck.

You never know what you got, until its all gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join