It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
is tonga populated area ? i bet soon they will get a 7. or higher the way it is looking

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Radiation leak confirmed at quake-hit Fukushima plant

Radiation rose to an unusually high level in and near Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant Saturday following the powerful earthquake that hit northern Japan the previous day, the nuclear safety agency said, making it the first case of an external leak of radioactive substances since the disaster.

While the agency denied the radiation amount will pose an immediate threat to the health of nearby residents, the impact of the quake appeared to widen as the agency added the area close to the Fukushima No. 2 nuclear plant as a zone that requires evacuation.

Given the adjacent No. 2 plant also has quake-triggered malfunctions, the operator of the two plants in Fukushima Prefecture is set to release pressure in containers housing their reactors under an unprecedented government order, so as to avoid the plants sustaining damage and losing their critical containment function.

But the action would involve the release of steam that would likely include radioactive materials.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Some shocking footage here mostly recorded by amateur cameramen. The top video I've not seen on international broadcasts yet;

hken.ibtimes.com...
edit on 11-3-2011 by the.lights because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
some mayor on fox news says that japan is prepared for radiation to be released , and if they are careful they can release alot a little at a
time that will dissapate does that sound right ? he says they have ability to deal with the worst
edit on 11-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
NEW ONE NOT GOING DOWN IN MAG!!
6.2 earthquake, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 12 10:46am at epicenter (53m ago, 102km ENE of Iwaki, depth 25… j.mp...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
[link removed]

A friend of mine and I were discussing the possibility that all the hysteria over the Earth, Sun, and the comet Elenin coming into alignment as we speak, could have provided TPTB a great opportunity to fire up HAARP without raising eyebrows, thoughts?

Just a theory..
edit on 11-3-2011 by Wewillallbefree because: (no reason given)

15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

edit on Fri Mar 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Checking in from Hawaii.

I survived. My family and property are safe as well.

Didn't hit Hawaii as hard as expected at all. Very minor for the most part.

I felt a small earthquake today...

A little unnerving knowing the Volcano is going off right now with that fissure.

Will keep in touch and post updates.

Good luck to everyone.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wewillallbefree
How many of you guys have seen this ?

www.atlanteanconspiracy.com...

A friend of mine and I were discussing the possibility that all the hysteria over the Earth, Sun, and the comet Elenin coming into alignment as we speak, could have provided TPTB a great opportunity to fire up HAARP, thoughts?

isin't there a way to see if harrp was on ?

link   
CNN just ran another 8.4just hit

link   
The Earthquakes don't occur spontaneously along the fault. If they did so all the Pacific rim would be buzzing with aftershocks from this. What happens is a focal point is known as a "axis", and the concentrated point where the Earthquake and resulting aftershocks are being recorded can be measured and along this axis a timeline can be built seeing the stress timeline of what aftershock was released when. Some patterns form over small periods of time, other times its spontaneous.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logestar
link please!!!!!!!!!!!

link   
It appears that there are some who are unsure about the destructiveness of the magnitudes so I took a graph from Wikipedia to give a better insight.

link   

IF this is for real, they are lying.

A 6.6 just hit again... but a 8.4, total BS.

57 minutes ago, 6.6 Japan area.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

HAARP is a possibility. Roll it out with all the hype about 2012 and have the big HAARP event on Dec. 21, 2012? Then offer us to go to underground bunkers and FEMA camps to be "safe". Sounds like a great way to enslave and control the human race further than they already do.

link   
I dunno he ticker on the bottom said honshu 8.4 maybe they're mistaken. I hope so

link   
reply to post by Logestar

Yeah i saw that but im not seeing it on usgs

link   

NO!!!!
you are joking?

link   
please do not make up 8.4 we have enough going on that is crazy enough we do not need bs lies m how can you joke about this stuff really ?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I've been watching CNN, no mention of an 8.4..Piers Morgan now talking to the Mayor of L.A. about preparedness.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I dunno he ticker on the bottom said honshu 8.4 maybe they're mistaken. I hope so

they just had a 4.8 maybe they or you got it wrong

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join