It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

No one person has the will power to will this event. But what about 2 billion workers going to work every day thinking, damn , I am over this monday morning crap, I wish something would change.

People want change, they want destruction of the old to make way for the new. This is why the news reports the death count. Because we all want to know how bad it is. People want this to get worse. The earth is a reality of everyones thoughts.

This will intensify as after the japan quake, many more will believe in 2012 making it that much more real. We are probably past the point of no return, but hey, thats the way out. If we destroy civilization now, we will be back to tribes, building a new future, but will we get back to this same point again in the future, so lets just make the right choice now.

link   
nothing importnt but i find this story here funny
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Due to continuing coverage of the Japan quake and tsunami, today’s episode of Oprah will air at 1 a.m. on ABC7

edit to add i dont think this tragedy is funny , just that they make a big announcment saying opra will air later lol
edit on 11-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by justsaying

I know i feel sick right now. I know so many people who are ignoring this, and dont want to talk about it. How messed up is that? They all say "oh i care I just dont want to think about it" To me if you can ignore something like this then you dont care about it. How could you not care?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
reply to post by ucantcme

I just saw that too. This has got to be one of the saddest news reports I have ever seen. 71,000. Gone.

Terrible...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey guys, I just found an interesting article about the whole "Supermoon" and how its linked to earthquakes supposedly.

Of course, the SuperMoon experts forgot about all the disasters that happened nowhere near the lunar perigee. You know, the disasters that keep happening all year around, every single bloody year. Where was the lunar perigee when hurricane Andrew struck Florida in 1992? Or when Haiti was reduced to shambles by the 2010 earthquake? Or during the 9.5 magnitude 1960 earthquake in Valdivia, Chile? It was on holidays, in a nice beach in Santorini, having grilled sardines and fresh white wine, that’s where

Source

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura

Originally posted by mademyself1984
Pretty awesome post but I entirely disagree with the idea that a bad feeling helps create a bad event...there is nobody in the world that can will something like this with their minds. And it's silly to suggest anyone would ever "hope" for this to happen...

Wouldn't be so surprised. Our minds can affect reality, some even say reality is an extension of our minds, or that reality and our minds aren't separate. So subconsciously and for whatever reasons, who knows what might be going on in our heads if we're conditioned in certain ways.

I'm just gonna hope things get better.

Not only that, what about our subliminal minds. I personally have been killing millions of people in computer games for 20 years. What does that do to a subliminal mind. What does all the "end of the world" movies do to the subliminal mind.

Most cultures talk about a time when man will be faced with the decision to choose between good and bad. We are very lucky and privileged to be alive in this time. WE ARE ALL PART OF THE GOD MIND , I am going to be here in 2013, who's with me.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

I don't buy that. The grim reality is, we all live in chaos, but we humans try to make order in that chaos. the thing with chaos is, anything can happen at any time with the right ingredients. It takes no prisoners, shows no mercy and takes any it wants or gets in it's way with no prejudice or preselection.

Chaos reigns supreme throughout the entire expanse of the universe right down to the DNA of a germ, and it's events like this that sadly show it's true nature so clearly.
edit on 11-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

link   
I just scrolled back through my QuakeFeed app and have seen only japan, a couple hawaii, a couple Alaska, one Nicaragua, one Oklahoma, and a couple of arkansas quakes listed since the 8.9(9.1) and nothing else. It's set to show 2.5 and higher worldwide.

This is a somewhat disturbing realization.

Are any of the quake/volcano regulars watching this thread?

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

link   

Originally posted by ucantcme
I just watched on CNN that the town Minamisoma population 71 thousand was completely washed away. They showed footage of it. It was horrible you couldnt see any survivors. They said they are not sure if there are any.

Hey just a thought why would they have not added that to the death toll? Is it a possibility that they were able to evacuate people before time or are they just not sure how many people have died? 71 thousand just knocks me down but I am not seeing that number or anything close to that number being reported in the death toll.
edit on 11-3-2011 by packinupngoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

Yesterday morning when I asked a friend if he had heard the news; he replied "So what, who cares?".

I've been feeling empty since that point as I realised that so many people have been desensitized by media to the point of not caring, even by events like this.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
So... they have about 24 hours to contain the reactors or there will be a meltdown..

Nuclear Expert: "Fukushima Has 24 Hours To Avoid A Core Meltdown Scenario"

Asked how long Japanese scientists have to correct the problem to avoid a core meltdown, Hibbs tells Newsmax that it depends on system design, adding, “it could be a day, plus or minus 10 hours.”

“After a while, with the heat building up in there, and lack of coolant, you’re going to see damage in your fuel, the cladding, the metal container around the nuclear material, begins to buckle or balloon or break, and after a little while you’ll get a situation where the fuel falls apart, melts, and falls into the core, and then you’ve got a classical core melt accident like you had in Three Mile Island that you had in the United States in '79.”

Hibbs spoke with Japanese government officials who told him the force of the tsunami was so severe that the water may have flooded the reactors, power generators, and cooling mechanisms, disabling the equipment. "Which means they have to resort to basically a military-type exercise, to rush in to the devastated site equipment that they can quickly hook up to the reactor to get power in there and start this emergency equipment, to get cooling water into that core and prevent that fuel from overheating.

“And if they can’t do that,” he told Newsmax, “then you’re going to have this meltdown.”

They have 24 hours or so to avoid a core meltdown, he says.

But eh, it's newsmax... so take this with a grain of salt.

Good news :

All 81 passengers rescued on ship that was swept out to sea by tsunami - NHK

+1

Radiation 8x above normal outside a reactor at Fukushima N-power plant; govt expands evacuation order to those within 10km. #Japan #quake

Gov't of Japan: NO radioactive leaks detected from damaged nuke plants. #jpquake

Govt spokesman Edano: Reports so far indicate at least 1,000 dead in #Japan #quake; far more likely.

NTV showing bridge span has fallen into sea in Kasumigaura (霞ヶ浦). Car stopped just at edge. #jpquake

Japan considers emergency quake budget, BOJ meets

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Nothing like the horror and damage in Japan but Crescent City, CA has now been hit by Tsunami waves from the earthquake and they had to shut down the 101 freeway.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
It is shocking to see what is happening...and it seems to be getting worse, at least I see the pattern in what is happening.

Whatever you want to call it, the world is changing and this is the wake up call...we humans have been living in a delusion for too long and need to face facts that our material lives are so easily at the mercy of mother nature which can be kind and cruel in a heart beat.

Believe in whatever you want...for me this is the creators way of saying:

"Start your wars, I will start mine...you have a choice, burn the land with your bombs or save your people with your hearts"

Just how thin will "The Power That appear To Be" spread themselves? When the earth is raging with a dozen disasters (and trust me it will, only a fool would think otherwise), what will the likes of Hilary Clinton do, strongly appose the force nature/god/whatever?

So I say go start your wars, they will not come to much end when the earth is waking up from it's slumber (as it has many times before), washing away the scars that we have left on the surface.

As for me, I will contemplate, look at myself, my character and question how I have been living my life and if it has been of any benefit to myself and my fellow man - it's what I do, it's called humanity.
edit on 11-3-2011 by old_god because: edit

Life is about satisfying yourself to face death. How many people have you made smile, how many people have you ripped off. You can't run from you past. Turn , face it, and rebuild

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

my reports says within hours of meltdown if not solved

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretSky

I have a couple of friends like that...they only care when the awfulness is happening to them

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Japan warns of radiation leak from quake-hit plants t.co...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
reply to post by old_god

I don't buy that. The grim reality is, we all live in chaos, but we humans try to make order in that chaos. the thing with chaos is, anything can happen at any time with the right ingredients. It takes no prisoners, shows no mercy and takes any it wants or gets in it's way with no prejudice or preselection.

Chaos reigns supreme throughout the entire expanse of the universe right down to the DNA of a germ, and it's events like this that sadly show it's true nature so clearly.
edit on 11-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

Chaos reigns supreme in my back yard with my 2 dogs. Until I enforced my strength on them and set rules and boundaries. The difference between my rules and our leaders rules are my rules are fair and my dogs love me and I love them. If we have a leader with respect for the people, then all can be fixed. #, even I could run this planet if someone gave me a chance.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by REalBEL

i think i can ithink i can

Lol, stop thinking about yourself, focus on others

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
reply to post by nghtshd

It is like water going down a drain, except there is no hole at the bottom, it just gets dispersed in all directions. Check out the Whirlpool thread for a more indepth answer, can't be bothered typing it all out again sorry.

It's like eddies in a stream. You're right that there's no hole at the bottom and so you're wrong when you say it's like water going down a drain. If you look at the image posted you can see that there is a column of water moving into an area and the water is swirling around on either side.

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join