It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Radar for the iphone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Has anyone had any experience with this. it showed a ghost that would be located in my living room
then the voice proceeded to describe the contents in my living room. I walked upstairs and the second my foot hit upstairs the voice said Hello.very cool. Just wondering if anyone else has played with this app and what results they encountered.
edit on 11-3-2011 by HEATHERTHOMSON911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HEATHERTHOMSON911

Hey...

I got this app and I really havent had any ghosts play with it... although I do use it a lot... i've never field tested it... I mostly get random words and etc... I did have one experience that was a lil odd... and I remember thinking to myself... "Eric, that was odd... wonder if this thing actually works?" but i cant remember what that odd thing was? anywho

I found this Review on the app

The biggest question here is obviously if I think it actually works. And yes, I certainly do. I was with every other skeptic out there but this application has done some unexplainable things. I have asked questions, and was answered promptly by it. It never mentioned names to me except for when I’ve asked.

So according to that site it is supposed to be real and the author (haha remember the word "author" for a second) ...and the author has had some ghostly encounters with it...

Funny timing... I turned on the ghost radar after seeing this... I actually forgot I had it... and as I was typing I was gonna use the word "reviewer" and the ghost radar said "author" right as I was getting ready to type the "R" so that was the oddest thing thats happened to me with it and it just happened... so take the Ghost Radar for what you will

If you follow that link... there is 127 Responses/comments to the review... and a lot of people are telling their experiences with the app

-Happy Hunting
edit on 3/11/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Interesting.My wife feels something in our house.
Where can i download this app?
Thanx

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

edit on 11-3-2011 by Arcfyre because: Double post

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Arcfyre

Well I know for the iphone you gotta go through the "app store" if you got one... just go into your app store and search for "ghost radar" there is two versions... one is called classic that is the free one... the one I have and there is one that costs... i dont remember but its not too high, i dont think

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Thank you.Will have a look

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I've used Ghost Radar on my iPhone many times. Sometimes I just leave it running. I also have a known spirit attatched to me who never leaves.

Ghost Radar says a number of words which doesn't seem to have any relation to anything. They appear to be purely random.
However there are times when it will turn your head and wonder "Did it just say that?" which could still be purely coincidental.

A couple examples:

I was sitting in my auto waiting for something and had it running in the background for maybe an hour. It was time to exit the vehicle and go so I plugged my headset in and got out. GR had not said anything in quite a while and said "Forgot". Hmmm. I wonder if I forgot anything?
A moment later it said "Belt".
I was wearing a tight fitting jeans and because a belt wasn't required, I had forgotten to wear one.

Strange indeed but certainly not proof of anything.

Another time I was at work with Ghost Radar running for a couple hours so it rarely said anything (The longer it's on the less it says). It was time for break so I brought a cup of hot water back to my desk to mix coffee.
"Manufacture" was said.
"Drink" was said next then another string of unrelated words.

There are tons of coincidental examples just like that as it says one or two words which -may- be relivant to something out of 20 or so random ones.

So you see it isn't any kind of credible ghost hunting or communication tool, but it's well worth the $0.99 for entertainment value alone IMO. It's an app I keep installed because it's fun.
edit on 11-3-2011 by FormerlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
At best, Ghost Radar is just another form of digital dowsing similar to the Ovilus, Frank's Box, or Puck. How this constitutes research or evidence is far beyond my understanding.

If any paranormal researcher tried to use a Ouija board during an investigation they'd be laughed out of town. Ghost Radar, (and all of the devices I listed earlier), are just Ouija boards with batteries.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have one on my Blackberry and I put one on my husband's Droid. They are a lot of fun when you are out and about. The words that show up are what I like to watch. I have had it running a few times at home when you get that "feeling" and you look down and the entire screen is lit up with with little green, red and yellow circles.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i actualy had a unbelievable moment with ghostradar last summer in august. my friend and me went out on a mountain in france with our telescopes , the place we sat was close to an entrance in the mountain with a door and two ventilationshafts , from the shafts we explored before was a smell of ammonia coming . when it got abit cloudy i opened ghostradar and the first thing it said was chemical , from that moment on it kept giving clues like : mill , forward , barn , under , dig , . this went on a half hour and only when i placed the ipod on the ground it gave these clues . All things mentioned we found on that mountain and was so intense i needed to go sit down in the car cos i had the feeling i was going to pass out if i went on . we smoked a ciggarette and my friend turned open the window , it was very dark and we werent able to see something coming closer to the car , especialy with the light on , when a black cat suddenly jumped in the car on my friends lap , the cat wassent scared by our reaction, it wassent troubled by the smoke it just began purring and following us constant when we got out of the car . Then round two began when the cat acted like it wanted us to follow it , at one point in the dark with a crappy ledlight we were face to face with a white owl sitting on a fence , this one did get scared as soon as we made eyecontact and took off over our heads , lateron we heard that there was a legend about a fight on that mountain between michael and satan. at first we thought the ipod was updating these clues from surroundings thru wifi , but i'm sure i always have wifi turned off and i couldnt find any connection when i tried searching for it either . anyway i can assure you that was the thrill of a lfetime and we both dont drink or use drugs to provoke that kind of expierience

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I have had the app on both my old iPhone and my Evo 4g for Android, its pretty cool. Nothing really crazy, it did say my sister's name one time out of nowhere so I called her up and it turned out she needed something from me and was about to call me. Entertainment value is good, but as a ghost hunting tool, not too sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Bought this the other day and i don't believe it. It said that there was a ghost in my back garden and in my brothers bedroom. HAHA, asif man. Funny thing is is it keeps doing the same everyday. The words it comes out with are ridiculous though. For instance Bear, i live in the U.K and i've never seen a bear in my life.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I got it on my android....sometimes is scarry when the word is somehow logical to what you are doing...brrr

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Sounds like an app that accesses the camera in your phone, and someone's watching !! I don't think any computer would know that a guy was not wearing a belt.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I've had it say oddly coincidental things as well...like my brother's name and where he lives. Once I was getting ready to go shopping and it said LIST. I have mine on my ipod touch...no camera. Pretty fun ap though.
Think I'll turn it on and see what it says tonight.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Although I would love this app to pick up things we cannot see etc..

You have your location services stored in your iphone, so if you go to a known haunted house, it will probably know and will probably have info on what is reported from that house.

You have all your contacts in your phone so picking a name you call a lot isnt that hard to do.

It may be that advanced it might even read your texts and get a low down on your life, big brother style..

I'm not normally a skeptic but the above is screaming at me, however i will try it..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
[facepalm]
You posters all realize that that app is a game right?
For entertainment purposes only this app is not an actually detection device?

I'm not sure what worries me more, the fact that you all believe in the app, or the fact that it seems you all want to experience what you see on TV. Just because there's 100 ghost hunter shows on the tube, doesn't mean your iPhone will ever have the capability to detect them.

But don't let me discourage you.
You can believe whatever you want to.

SPOILER:
The app is a keylogger and spyware codec.
It logs all the messages you type or names in your address book, etc...
Using a readout to display local text type.

Pretty genius to me.
Because there's a million suckers who bought into it.
Easy money.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

spot on there

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
does the voice just say things like "you have a couch and a tv" or will it talk about a painting or something a robot couldnt possibly know.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I do not often post here but have been around reading for awhile, however this thread is too coincidental to stay quiet on. Two nights ago my brother and I went on a local ghost hunt, there was also a group of paranormal investigators on the tour and at the first stop one mentioned he had downloaded the app and while he cannot say it works it was something he wanted to try. My brother downloaded the app and about 20 minutes later the app said his name. I then downloaded and had some really coincidental words pop up in regards to one site and then was amazed when mine also said my brothers name. No other proper names were ever said. I can't say it works but it has done enough things to be thought-provoking and fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join