It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dual Roar: The Earth Moans and Shudders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Right Now Seismic Monitors showing...

On the most recent read outs, there is a common constant trimmer on all the charts. I am not in full understanding of these graphs, but get the gist, as I read the USGS earthquake site at least once if not more a day. I know their are other posts on the subject and am not able to screen capture, but this thread is to capture this specific wave and to gather more knowledge on this phenomenon from those more knowledgeable.

Thanks for any info and help making this post as insightful as possible.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Los Angeles is sailing smooth, no tremors here, hope I'm not speaking to soon...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

I have nothing to add. But i enjoy your thread title. Your writing style is interesting.

Mybe you can provide even the smallest amount of info for someone to get started with, or even a more specific question.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
These things really need to stay in one of the 100 topics already out there in just the past 3 weeks alone. In that short time frame I've read about 5-6 predictions of major earthquakes that have not happend. Im starting to think many of you people want this to happen.

If a major earthquake in America happens and millions of people die, the U.S. will then start to collapse and we'll be vulnerable to attack.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicMan07

Really? No sizable quakes in the last three weeks ya say? Really? Christchurch ring a bell (the 2nd quake)? How about the one Japan just the other day..or maybe the one in China just today..hmm.and there are many many more.but none you say..The arkansas swarm quakes..nothing?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

does this help?

Planet Earth: shaken, rocked, rattled and still trembling
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
: A 7.9 Earthquake has occurred near the coast of Honshu! Another major quake in the past 48 hours! Not just any ordinary aftershock!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LogicMan07

i guess the huge 7.9 that hit Japan minutes ago is nothing either.right.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Wow pretty creepy you posted this about 20 minutes before the quake hits japan...7.9 and now they're saying a 7.2 aftershock too, lets pray for minimum losses. All is still calm in LA, eerily quiet to be honest.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I was mainly referring to the fault lines in the midwest+west coast U.S. - I'm still waiting for the March 14th prediction thread of the reversal of the poles. No pun intended for your thread, just venting the doomsday miss cleos who think they have ESP

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I want to know what that common tremor line in almost all the graphs on think provided is saying. I have to add to the person saying that we must want this thing to happen, that could not be further from the truth for me personally. I donSt wish for disasters to strike, but I do feel the need to be aware of the earth's movements (violent, out of the realm of ordinary). Our planet intrigues me. The times we live in, blessed or otherwise, intrigus me. The more I learn, the better prepared and able i feel. This area, fragile earth, is one I seem drawn to.

Scientists are predicting in larger and larger numbers, that ait is only a matter of time before a devistating earthquake hits the San Madrid Faultline, so I'm not trying to spread doom and gloom. I would say, however, make the most of your life every day because you never know when it will end. Get right with God, for He can be your shelter and strength.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RequiredInfo

Whoa! That's super powerful! I hope it doesn't effect the mainland.

I recently heard a scientist claim there are over 200 million underwater volcanoes...active volcanoes. That the media claims the fish are dying from cold waters, but the waters are actually warming activly. Volcanoes are constantly errupting above land and records show that stronger earthquakes are happenling more frequently. Earth is definitely going through changes.
new news footage covering fracking and San Madrid's past

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Reply to post by Nebulous1973

Owned by mother nature.

lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Thanks for the link. It confirms my suspicions. I got this harrowing feeling as I was getting ready to post. I still am not at ease.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yes, the 7.9 shook Japan from the northern island of Hokkaido to Saga Prefecture on the major southern island of Kyushu. Basically the whole length of Japan. I'm in Osaka and our building was subject to a nice long slow rocking that reminded me very much of the only time I ever got seasick helping on trawler in Long Island Sound. Watching the Japanese earthquake reports, we in Japan got hit several times in quick succession, with some 7.0's also mixed in. Glad I'm far away, but I'd rather be much much farther, someplace where the earth doesn't shake. Then again, it seems like they've been doing earthquake drills and preparedness programs on TV more often recently, so maybe the scientists know more than they're telling.
On a lighter(??) note, we supposedly had an earthquake warning system installed but it didn't go off this time, or last time either. It's supposed to say "Earthquake warning: Earthquake in 10 sec........5...4...3...2...1" The only thing I could think of when they were testing it was basically it's "Earthquake warning: Kiss your a.. goodbye in 5..4..3..2..1" because there's no way to get out of the building with such a short warning.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 3warped3

Been upgraded to an8.9. Big bad tsunamis expected on Phillipines, Havaii as well as Japan where one has already hit. Be careful!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Thanks. I'm far enough south and inland (I hope), but I do worry about friends and colleagues further north. Another worry is whether this is going to be a trigger for another big one down here (like January 17, 1995). They've been predicting a double-header of two major quakes almost simultaneously for about the past year or so now. Keeping my fingers and various other parts crossed.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

strange...right when we were discussing the tectonic plates...........

....prayers to the land of the rising sun

top topics

join