It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Drug Gang Allegedly Emerges in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

New Drug Gang Allegedly Emerges in Mexico

news.ninemsn.com.au

10:47 AEST Fri Mar 11 2011

"A suspected new Mexican drug gang calling itself "Knights Templar" has emerged in the western state of Michoacan, according to public banners displayed on Thursday."....

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The article continues with:

"The messages, appearing in state capital Morelia and several other towns, said the new gang would take over from the mysterious La Familia cartel, including its "altruistic activities."

Article source: news.ninemsn.com.au...

The La Familia Cartel was hardly "altruistic" in the traditional meaning of the word.

A little about this formerly active cartel:

"Faith-based cartel La Familia cartel is sometimes described as quasi-religious since its leaders, Moreno González and Méndez Vargas, refer to their assassinations and beheadings as "divine justice"[13] and that they may have direct or indirect ties with devotees of the New Jerusalem religious movement, which is noted for its concern for justice issues.[14]"

and:

"La Familia’s boss and spiritual leader Nazario Moreno González, (a.k.a.: El Más Loco or The Craziest One) has published his own 'bible',[13][15] and a copy seized by Mexican federal agents reveals an ideology that mixes evangelical-style self help with insurgent peasant slogans. Moreno González, who was killed on 9 December 2010,[16][17] seems to have based most of his doctrine on the work by a Christian writer John Eldredge. The Mexican justice department stated in a report that Gonzalez Moreno has made Eldredge's book Salvaje de Corazón (Wild at Heart) required reading for La Familia gang members and has paid rural teachers and National Development Education (CONAFE) to circulate Eldredge's writings throughout the Michoacán countryside.[18][19] An idea central to Eldredge's message is that every man must have "a battle to fight, a beauty to rescue and an adventure to live."

more here:

"La Familia has been known to be unusually violent.[20] Its members use murder and torture to quash rivals, while building a social base in the Mexican state of Michoacán. It is the fastest-growing cartel in the country’s drug war and is a religious cult-like group that celebrates family values.[6][27] In one incident in Uruapan in 2006, the cartel members tossed five decapitated heads onto the dance floor of the Sol y Sombra night club along with a message that read: "The Family doesn’t kill for money. It doesn’t kill women. It doesn’t kill innocent people, only those who deserve to die. Know that this is divine justice."[28]"

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

So we now have the "Knights Templar" cartel emerging as
La Familia's replacement.

Should be interesting to see how many people this new
cartel will assassinate or behead......

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3/10/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Oh no here we go again it seems that there is no end to the Mexican Violence BUT we can end it by legalization of Drugs

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Sounds like Mexicos problem until they try importing that poison over here. What the U.S. needs to be doing is upping the salary of jobs in which are actually important to this country instead of paying athletes 20 million dollars a year.

Up the benefits + salary of border patrol, hire a bunch of people who know how to shoot and watch these scumbags inject that crap into their veins when they are lying on the ground and can't deal with the pain

Maybe then these drug lords will stop border hopping. In fact we should have stiffer immigration laws altogether but thats a different topic. If the U.S. is hated so much why the heck is the entire world coming over here to make a living.
edit on 10-3-2011 by LogicMan07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Or maybe US goverment should stop sending weapons to drug dealers.
Or... does those news were not broadcasted in US? 250 000 weapons sent by anerican goverment to drug cartels in a operation called "fast and furious" were uncovered.
Napolitano was ashamed after that. She didn´t knew.

So, before still saying all those stuff, say that US goverment should do something about drug consumers in your country (because that´s the final destination, aint it?) and the drug dealers in your country (yes, US ones) and about sending guns to drug dealers in Mexico to promote unstability.

Look at your goverment.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mastercanto

Please provide a link or source of information to confirm your statement above that "250,000 weapons sent by american government to drug cartels"....

edit on 3/11/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Supply and demand. This new cartel is supplying the demand. This is only business. If some would wish to stop the business of the drug cartel, do not fight the cartel, fight the demand.

A fire extinguisher cuts off the air fuel supply to the fire, it does not actually fight the fire.

How you you fight demand? Propaganda. All you gotta do is make the demand for the cartels business not wanted. Uncool, if you will.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Posted earlier:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You know you can do the normal search thing here on ATS before posting, as I did, but more times than not, it produces no match,,,I did include some background about LaFamilia in this thread which was not included in your thread and two different news links, so I guess that's ok.....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Perhaps Prohibition is not the answer. Keep dumping money into this and making the cartels rich and powerful while increasing prison populations and incarcerating the country. Prohibition is just another scam to profit off the people's vices.

Try a little liberty. I claim ownership over my body. I will keep my vices off the streets, you keep your cops out of my home and my personal affairs.

edit on 11-3-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

So you have no problem or concerns with a violent drug cartel being located exactly
where you live? Wondering why......???

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

So you have no problem or concerns with a violent drug cartel being located exactly
where you live? Wondering why......???

I have been living with violent drug cartels close in Mexico for years. The problem with violence only became very apparent when the government decided to crack-down - which many opine that means cracking-down on OTHER factions than the one(s) that are favored.

When "heads roll" in Michoacán it is usually for a reason. Some of those whose faces appear on spikes have often been known to be true "bad guys" involved in kidnapping, extortion, and such. Few people outside their mothers actually miss them much.

It was just this past day or so that flyers and banners began showing-up about "Los Caballeros Templares". So far we have not known them to be engaged in criminal activity, other than littering perhaps. Will they be worse than La Familia they claim to replace? Time will tell, but many consider some are most likely from that former grupo and have perhaps learned to temper their methods.

If they stick to their stated objectives, to protect the people of Michoacán from robbers, kidnappers, extortionists, and cartel gangs coming into Michoacán then most of the people will not object to that. You do understand that official Mexican justice is not always effective, right?

So far we don't even know if they are for real. Yet the foreign press has already tried and sentenced them just for the appearance of a few flyers - promising to do good deeds!.

Edit to add: I have been watching this story since this morning, had several visitors today and was out about town (Morelia) for awhile and I haven't spoken to anyone here that has even heard of the Knights Templars as a new gang, the only local mention was from a local gringo blog posted around midnight - and they thought it was good news!. It has been picked-up by the newswires and has a spin already but it's not big news here, not yet.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
i think the fear stems from any group that arises out of a lawless area - the imposition of order upon disorder is often violent and sharp - the very things that initially make one group indistinguishable from another in terms of violence and retaliations.

The thrust and proof of Los Caballeros Templares will come if they subdue and impose order first - will their order be iron-fisted or will they become less prominent as the society they protect emerges and develops its own ability to serve and protect?

top topics

join