It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will March 19 'Supermoon' Trigger Natural Disasters?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If I remember right, we've had earthquakes in China, Japan, California, Yellowstone, as well as volcano activity in Indonesia, all within the past few days... Not sayin it's not normal... just sayin.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
March 13th - 15th 1993, The Storm of the Century was a large cyclonic storm that stretched from Canada towards Central America. This would have been exactly 18 years ago to date. I know it's rather lazy research but hey, it's something.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

I don't think anything will happen, the article states the moon will be the closest it has been in 18 years...maybe the OP isn't that old but 1993 was pretty uneventful...yes there was the "storm of the century" but even the wiki article states that many parts of the east coast point to other storms as being worse...looking up 1993 natural disasters on wiki 1993 didn't look that bad at all....1994 however had twice as many earthquakes, including the Northridge quake in southern California...1992, the year prior to the moon being this close had even more earthquakes, maybe the moon quieted things down?...so in summary...most "environmental scientists" of this day have no common sense, tend to ignore environmental history, and have mostly no clue what they're talking about....

BAM...discussion over

edit on 3/12/2011 by AnonymousMoose because: grammar an junk an stuff

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Yeah i agree it wasn't much really. Many more things happened after 1993.

I guess we'll see what happens lol. Anyway it's time for me to get going, 28 hours straight is killing me.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Interesting article... But if I'm going to post to a topic-related song... I've gotta choose the obvious:

Whether or not it pops, who knows? I'm still concerned about that New Madrid considering how well this part of the country is prepared for that kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It might, it might not. Depends on how gravity would effect us. I'm not betting on any direct influence, because I don't believe in astrology. I think most disasters would be coincidental.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well, it's the 19th and we're all still here....wanna hear my theories on 2012?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyshouldI trustyou2619
Well, it's the 19th and we're all still here....wanna hear my theories on 2012?

Can we hear some theories on what will happen on Y2K?

Day is almost over. I heard horses are acting jittery but may have more to do with supermoon and coming storm.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well after weeks of anticipation and much ballyhoo, I've just returned from a lengthy drive from a spot I thought would be a prime viewing area overlooking a large bay from which I had hoped to view the Super moon. Had an early dinner eaten in haste with spousal unit and sister-in-law in tow. All the while spewing all my erudite research and lengthy explanation of why tonight's moonrise promised to be nothing short of spectacular. Arriving two hours early we claimed our prime vantage point as I lugged obligatory cooler, chairs, binoculars, tripod and two camera bags.

Finally about 4 minutes before 8pm the glowing arc began to appear over the water. My heart was beating loudly and I was gabbering with excitement. It continued to rise to full view and my always skeptical matrimonial module uttered those dreaded and all too familiar words......thats it? That's as big as it's going to get?

Admittedly, although it appeared brighter than normal the size seemed rather ordinary. I looked around to confirm the dismay of a few other onlookers with my big honking telephoto lens. I kinda felt like that kid in "A Christmas Story" when he finally received his Ovaltine Decoder Ring. Not quite as silly as I did after stocking up on all those cases of beenie-weenies for Y2K though. Being interested in conspiracies and considering fantastic things is not without potential peril to one's ego.

Adding insult to injury as I headed back toward the parking lot with bruised ego and now unimpressed entourage we overheard a kid ask his Dad, "What happened Daddy?" The father replied, "I don't know, it seemed just like any other full moon." It was a rather quiet car ride home.

If this is any indication of cataclysmic doom that awaits us as we enter 2012 I say.....yawn.

edit on 20-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kuriousRegarding the Super Moon-it slightly explains the phenominum in the sky that I saw from my driveway in Littlerock, CA around 10pm 3/19/11, a bit south and very much east. I didn't see the actual moon like you. And, had no idea there was talk of something mystical. I drew a sketch of what I saw so I don't ever forget-I had no camera ready to grab. I really wished I did. There were clouds like a smoke ring and almost a bright blue sky in it and a bit out of it but pastel orange in that area. As I gazed in amazement the clouds gracefully moved into a formation, floating to the left, that looked just like a typical alien head/eyes/mouth, just to the left near the chin a perfectly shaped valentine heart formed, just the outline and in it the blue sky, the top tilted slightly to the right very close to the chin. Seconds later as that started to float more to the left and out of shape, the ring became more oval, it looked like the top of a bear cub head/ears and down to under the eye area only. It looked like it had sun glasses on. The images slowly moved into each other staying in the left motion, and eventually became more of a solid cloud formation with the glow of daylight still coming through it. I had no clue there was a Super Moon and never heard of one before. I was bewildered until I started googling mysterious clouds March 19 2011. That's how I found this site.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
PLEASE dont tell me folks really fall for this stuff? Is this site comprised of mainly 14 year olds who believe anything? SUper Moon? Natural disasters? You kidding me?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
PLEASE dont tell me folks really fall for this stuff? Is this site comprised of mainly 14 year olds who believe anything? SUper Moon? Natural disasters? You kidding me?

FYI: There were some rather reputable sources hyping this event:

“Rare” and “Beautiful” Supermoon expected on March 19

uk.ibtimes.com...

On March 19th, a full Moon of rare size and beauty will rise in the east at sunset. It's a super "perigee moon"--the biggest in almost 20 years.

www.space.com...

Super Full Moon

science.nasa.gov...

just sayin'.

edit on 20-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
People think!!!! Did you see this stuff on the MSM? Do you think the moon was actually getting "bigger" and turning into som "super-moon"? Geez, sometimes folks on here just look at news headlines and immediately want to run to bomb shelter somewhere or something. Sad. So sad. I cant believe anyone would look at this event as anything other than just something really cool to look at.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

A lot of people r saying, the small tremors and loud sounds are coming from the natural gas drilling and the water being pumped in to release it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
I don't think we need scientists trying to stir up more anxiety just to boost their career.

An astrologer is not a scientist. There were no scientists predicting "doom", just pseudo-scientists.

As expected, there were no major disasters at the time of closest approach... why people believe crap like this is beyond me, especially when pseudo-scientific predictions fall flat on their face each and every time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join