It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Declares "War"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I came across this article today under ScitTech on fox via mobile web. I, like most ATS'ers despise the fox network. However, I do use fox to read about new tech stuff and the like. And it just so happened that this little gem was in there.

The article claims that Anonymous has supposedly declared cyberwar on various US officials and corporate heads. While I don't put much merit into anything published by fox in regards to world events, I did find this quite interesting whether its just a means to make Anonymous look bad or not.

"It's a guerrila cyberwar -- that's what I call it," Barret Brown, 29, said in an interview with MSNBC Tuesday. Brown, a college dropout, claims to be a senior strategist and "propagandist" for the hacker group, which calls itself "Anonymous." He considers this new "war" a reactionary response: "It's sort of an unconventional asymmetrical act of warfare that we're involved in, and we didn't necessarily start it. I mean, this fire has been burning."

scitech.foxnews.mobi...

edit to add. I put this in the wrong friggin forum lol. Mods can move it
edit on 10-3-2011 by Mr. Toodles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

There is another thread here somewhere on the same topic. I think it was yesterday.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I did a search for it and didn't see it. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough. My apologies if it's already out there somewhere

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Check yummyfreelunches profile for the link, she posted the first link.

And barret is not anon, for the record... anon is not his personal army..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
well, I guess its a fail for me. Mods can feel free to delete this thread at anytime. Apologies for being so hasty to post this.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Since this will probably get closed..can someone post the link to the other thread? Or to a source that i can like on fb. I like to share w/ my personal friends and family.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Slowly but surely,
Darth Anon is revealing it's
various faces to us one at a time.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Not to worry. Trying to find things with a search is a nightmare at times. Post it and see if it sticks

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

sorry to be stupid but why in the world is Jared Loughner's face in the Chaotic Evil portion? I know what he did was messed up but I don't think it had any correlation to what's going on with Anon. Matter of factly I think the guy just went off his rocker and lost it because he couldn't handle what's going on in the world right now. A lot of people are having trouble with it but they are able to contain themselves from doing stupid sh*t.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellstormRising
sorry to be stupid but why in the world is Jared Loughner's face in the Chaotic Evil portion? I know what he did was messed up but I don't think it had any correlation to what's going on with Anon.

Then let Anon step forward and disavow him.

But from where I'm standing,
it looks like he took Anon's spirit Animus, the V for Vendetta guy,
and brought him to life.

/play dumb

What was the motto again ...
"a government should fear it's people?"

/end play dumb

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The other thread is here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

I guess that's a fair way to look at it but I envision Anonymous to be nothing more than a collective of hackers that are just fed up with the way things are going. They hold themselves to a higher moral standard and are trying to perform justice in the only way they know how. By cracking systems and performing some things that are more nuisances to those companies. It does impact the companies and people they're targeting but ultimately Anonymous moves on and the target rebuilds to continue its plight on the world. Good cracking techniques with good hacking could cripple industries etc but my guess is that if the collective is truly motivated to stopping the indecencies of governments and corporations they would actually shut down those companies and force them to make major purchases. They would continue until those companies bankrupted themselves. A well placed virus after cracking could cause significantly more damage to companies than even the Stuxnet virus as most machine driven industries are all controlled by computers and can have it's base code manipulated. Jared Loughner lost it and thought that this was his opportunity to start a movement to oust political figures. His target was Giffords and any other poor soul who stood by the current political powers.

Also, I don't think a government should fear its people but rather should respect them and do right by them. The same is to be true of the people. We are not subjects of our government but rather our government should be a collective of us and not bought out by big business.

new topics

top topics

join