It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to be alerted by phone to Solar Flares?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
As you read this… do your best impersonation of the late night infomercial salesman… cos for some odd reason… that was how I wrote it…

Tired of logging onto Soho or spaceweather.com to see if the sun is freaking out and shooting X-Class Solar flares all over the place?

If so this is for you! Instead of reading it on your screen… you can have space weather alert you via your cell phone or house phone!

All you gotta do is click THIS

for a the low price of 5 bucks a month and being scared of a solar Armageddon, every time your phone rings… you too can be alerted!

anyways
I figured I would share… someone might actually be interested… If I wasn’t so poor I would do it… speaking of which… you can also give it as a gift… dun dun dun haha…

There is also another package that is 7 bucks that allows you to be alerted on space station flybys, planetary alignments, and meteor showers….

There is iphone and droid and black berry apps that kinda do this… but I think this is a lil more personal… might make ya feel like a top scientist… how many people on your city block gets a phone call every time there is a solar flare? Hmmmmm… haha with this I would act 12 and pretend to be a –Top Scientist-

…wait I already act 12 without it…

Anyways happy hunting!!!

edit on 3/10/11 by EvolEric because: forgot link

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If a solar flare was bad enough to need to know about it, cell phone service would be down... waste of $5 imo

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

haha yeah...
It is a waste...
but I see it more as novelty than an useful tool

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

text...

"An X class solar flare is inbound and your service will go down..
Please note your 12 month contract of $5 per month is non refundable..."

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
there's a sucker born every minute

Just gotta find a way to tap into their wallets!

This is almost as awesome as those $3 love compatibility tests via SMS

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

When auroras appear over your hometown, your phone will ring. When the space station is about to fly over your back yard, your phone will ring. When planets align ... you get the idea. The voice you hear will be Dr. Tony Phillips telling you what to look for and when. Each phone call comes with a simultaneous email message, so if you miss part of your call or can't remember the details--just check your email for the full story!

Actually... wish it did come in text form... Its a voice recording and a email... I know lots of people have smart phones now days... but why not send texts instead?!!

ahahaha your right though...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
there's a sucker born every minute

Just gotta find a way to tap into their wallets!

This is almost as awesome as those $3 love compatibility tests via SMS

The worst one I saw posted here a while back was some time machine company.. it was something like "pay now and when time travel becomes possible in the future, we'll teleport you there"... lol

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I read your post as in the format of a late night infomercial salesman as you recommended. I will share with you this video of what the experience was like, thank you for the visuals with your thread format.

But wait! If you reply in the next 5 minutes we will double your reports of solar storms. That's right folks, 2 sun reports for the price of one. It can't get better than that folks.
edit on 10-3-2011 by wiredamerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2011 by wiredamerican because: I spelled wrong

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

NOOOOOO I'm late I dont earn double reports!!!!

...ohhh thank you and your welcome... and a thank you to you as well for adding to the visual effect with... Video of .... I dare not say his name for fear of him coming back to life and enslaving the human race...

edit on 3/10/11 by EvolEric because: uhhhhh I felt the urge?

new topics

top topics

join