It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(news) Israeli Judge Murdered by Arafats Fatah terrorists UPDATED

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
In a move that is bound to escalate the chaos that is threatening to bring anarchy to the Palestinian territory Arafat's Fatah rebels are claiming responsibility for the murder of a judge in Tel Aviv. This act is bound to enrage many in the Israeli parliment and cement support for Sharon's radical plan to protect Israeli interest from Palestinian agression.

www.israelnationalnews.com
Tel Aviv District Court Justice Adi Azar, 49, was murdered in front of his Tel Aviv home a short time ago. Yasser Arafat’s Fatah organization is claiming responsibility.

Tel Aviv Police Chief Yossi Sidbon reports that a gunman traveling on a motorcycle fired three shots at Justice Azar while he was seated in front of his home on Hatzorfim Street in the Ramat HaSharon area of Tel Aviv. Azar was gravely wounded and pronounced dead on the scene by Magen David Adom emergency medical service personnel a short time later.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If the story proves true it show how desperate Arafat is getting. Taking out a judge is only going to further alienate him from the moderates that helped to legitimize his rule in the first place. Arafat seems to be trying to appeal to the most radical sectors of the Palestinian movement and by doing so is loosing popular support from the masses who in large part gain employment in Israeli controlled sections of the country. The Palestinians are beginning to realize that Arafat has done them far more harm than good by fanatically standing by the PLO’s charter which states that nothing less than a complete destruction of the state of Israel is their goal. In my honest opinion his days as a leader of the Palestinians are almost over. I just hope that someone with a little more sense will take his place and avoid a civil war within the Palestinian territory that could kill far more Palestinians than the Israeli’s ever have.

Further investigation has lent even more credence to the Terrorist line of thinking as illustrated in the quote from an article posted today

link

The Al-Aqsa Brigade of Fatah took responsibility shortly afterwards, linking it to the death earlier yesterday of a senior Hizbullah terrorist in a Beirut suburb. Hizbullah blamed Israel for the attack, vowing revenge.

Strengthening the terrorist-angle suspicions was the fact - reported by Ynet - that for the past two weeks, Tel Aviv area court guards have been briefed that the most up-to-date warnings say terrorist organizations plan to kill judges using guns with silencers. Judge Azar was murdered in precisely that fashion.

Something is definately not right here.

[edit on 20-7-2004 by Johannmon]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The killing is not suspected of being terror-related.

Furthermore, top judicial and police officials decided Tuesday morning that they would not bolster personal protection for judges.

"What we are quite sure of already is that this does not have a background of terrorism, and that the boasting of this terrorist organization has no basis. This is not true, that is for sure," [Justice Minister] Lapid told Israel Radio.

Reuters: Israel 'Sure' Palestinians Didn't Kill Judge

Rebekka

[edit on 20-7-2004 by Riwka]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Strange, they say this:

"The question now is whether this (shooting death) was for personal reasons, for criminal reasons alone or for criminal reasons connected to his work as a judge," [Justice Minister Yosef Lapid] said. "We will not rest until we uncover the motivation for this."

Yet they claim that it definitely wasn't Palestinians.

Puzzling. Very puzzling.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
why?

There is no need to link each- and everything that happens to the Israel / PA - conflict.

Police on Tuesday were examining all possible motives, particularly the possibility that Azar was ensconced in a personal dispute that could have led to the killing

Public Security Minister Hanegbi just told, likelihood that Judge Azar killed for personal reasons is growing.

Rebekka

[edit on 20-7-2004 by Riwka]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Considering how little was admittedly known about the motive, it just seems odd to me that Palestinians would be ruled out so quickly.

Perhaps they have sources and methods unknown to me.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It is especially pecular because the Palestinians are claiming they did it. What possible motive could they have for making such an inflamitory claim. It would seem to gain them nothing and yet has the potential to do great harm. That is unless they are doing a rope a dope and trying to get the military to retaliate so they can then claim foul.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Someone killing a judge in Isreal from Palestine is illogical. I can admit that there have been a lot of crazing things going on in the middle east but I see nothing that would indicate that killing an Isreali judge serves as a logical move. I see no reason why a terroist would waste resources on it. The move asks for no concessions. It demands nothing. It just deserves recognition of violence.

I know who it would help. A move like that would help the Isrealli cause. They can go, "see, they're bad." It's just a little confusing.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pfunkarocka

I know who it would help. A move like that would help the Isrealli cause. They can go, "see, they're bad." It's just a little confusing.

That is precisely why Israel downplaying the fatah claim is so strange. Israel would aparently have everything to gain from this and little or nothing to loose. I am beginning to wonder if there isn't much more to this story than is being reported. Perhaps the judge was assasinated for political reasons or has some connection to a large unrevealed scandal that the fatah want brought out but that TPTB in Israel don't want to see the light of day. Unfortunately Israel seems to be having success at just making it go away so we may never know.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I updated the article with some additional information concerning terrorist threats. The article further says that a gag order has been clamped down on the entire investigation. The plot continues to thicken. See the link in the original post

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Ok. hakol efshari (= everything is possible) - all avenues are open

A7 – your source - says.

„The Al-Aqsa Brigade of Fatah took responsibility shortly afterwards, linking it to the death earlier yesterday of a senior Hizbullah terrorist in a Beirut suburb. Hizbullah blamed Israel for the attack, vowing revenge.“

1. A sunni Muslim group, Jund Al-Sham (Arabic for Soldiers of Damascus) carried out the attack in a Beirut suburb
    (Zion Mainframe posted ATS NEWS: Beirut Bomb 'Kills Hezbollah Man' )

2. Fatah does not belong to Hizbullah

3. A claim made by someone on behalf of the Fatah-affiliated Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade was only a phone call.

4. There is no claim on an Al-Aqsa / Fatah Internet dependance (usually there is one)

5. In February 2003, Judge Azar recently ruled against the Palestinian Authority, seizing NIS 52 million owed to Israel's Egged bus corporation. (The court placed a lien on PA funds, garnered from income taxes, customs duties, and value added tax withheld from Palestinians working in Israel - Azar handed down the ruling after Arafat failed to respond to the charges)

On April 23, Azar ruled in favor of 6 terror victims (the family of Ruth Peled, drinking coffee at a Petah Tikva mall when a suicide bomber struck) , granting them 72 million NIS in punitive damages, the first time punitive damages had ever been awarded to victims of terror - the PA did not put up a defense

The possibility that the assassination of the judge was terror-related was not being ruled out, but was said to be "highly unlikely."

If the claim is true, then as terrible as Azar's death is, it will not signify a new stage in Israeli life. But if he was killed by a disgruntled litigant, the killing would be a watershed.

Adi Azar was an acting judge set for a permanent appointment, and also served as registrar, a job that includes deciding which judge should be assigned to each case.

Rebekka

[edit on 21-7-2004 by Riwka]

new topics

top topics

join