It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living another life in recurring dream place-interpretaion wanted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is my first thread so please excuse any mistakes I may make but I was hopefully looking for someone to help explain why my boyfriend might dream what he does.

It's not that he has the same dream but that he goes to the same town/city every night when he dreams and he has a totally different life there. In his dreams he actually "lives a life" sometimes quite mundane like going to work, driving around or going shopping etc. He has no idea where this city is or even if it actually exists but he has a house near the coast at the moment(he has moved a couple of times in his dreams) and he lives alone even though he thinks there is a woman involved in the dreams sometimes. Sometimes there are people from his real life there. He can even draw maps of where he lives.

Even if he is woken up mid dream he can go back to sleep straight back to where he left off and each night the dream carries on from the night before.

It's as if he has his awake life and his dream life so to speak. I should point out that he has been living this dream life for over 25 years, long before he met me incase anyone thought he was trying to escape me!
But he does have a stressfull job and I guess he always has had but he has been quite successfull and we are happy with our home life and already live on the coast.

So, is it just pure escapism, a way of his brain digesting the days events or is it something else? Your ideas would be very welcome

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MissTiger

Honestly, I think nobody knows why this is happening, and nobody ever will, as with most dreams. For example, when I dream, I only have dreams that take place in my grandmothers house, which I haven't been to in years. Humans know so little about the brain and subconscious. There is a reason, obviously....and if you dwell too long on it, your brain will eventually "fabricate" a justification...but we will never truly know why we dream as we do in these unusual circumstances.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hmmmm.... I wish I had a "dream life" sounds like a good deal to me

There is a movie with Demi Moore in it that is similar to this... Maybe you two should watch it... Its called "Passion of Mind" here is the IMDB Link it might relate somehow?

Check it out... I'm a dude and i'm not really into "romantic" type films but this I must say was pretty cool

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don't have an answer for you, but i have a similar dream.
I've always called this my other life, tis like when i go to sleep i go to another dimension, it's a place in the same city where i live now but in an area about 5 miles away, it's similar to what it actually looks like but has different buildings.
Can't wait to see the replies

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If he's telling the truth, it does seem very bizarre. As the poster before me stated, I don't think anyone will be able to give you a definite answer on why it is happening. If I was him and if this dream were as real as life every night, I would pick up a newspaper or ask some questions. I would go to a place in the dream where information about this town might be stored. Maybe there is a library, or maybe there is a school, or a police department. He will have to find these answers on his own. If he ever finds out, post a continuation of this story. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having such a long, continuous dream.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Just look into to lucid dreaming and create your very on dream life haha.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Avpreality

ha... Yeah... I tired.... no luck... When I was younger I used to Lucid dream all the time... but now I'm lucky if I can remember any dreams... much less have a really awesome super cool lucid dream

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wow!

Ive posted some posts around here in the past..
on this very subject!

This has been happening to me for at least the last 2 years,
But I think it actually started 3-4 years ago.

Now though, (for the past couple years)..
I go to the same "place" every night, meet with the same people,
do the same kinds of things....

Some of the people I really know (in waking state), and many of them I do not.
But I have "gotten to know them" , I guess you could say.

Everynight...
We are either in some type of aircraft (always with a place to go/something that needs to be done)
Or in a large boat.
Sometimes both in one night.

It is a world not too unlike our own..
but more interesting things happen 'there'.
More things are possible, etc.

I honestly cannot remember the last dream i had that did not involve this "place".

I am starting to think that it is just somehow tapping into another reality/dimension/whatever..
lol
I know it sounds nuts..
but the feeling of it all is just too real. lol

Its as if..
When I go to 'sleep" "here"..
I am "waking up" there, and continuing my life from the previous day...
Just as we do here in this reality every day.

Like I wake up in one, and things stop in the other, untiI I "get back".,

I also go right back into the dream, no matter how many times I wake up in a night.
As soon as I fall back asleep.. the dream continues.Without fail.

Very strange.

Ive spoken to (mostly online) a handful of individuals also having this same kind of experience every night.
Stranger yet...
They all seem to say that its only been happing the past few years. lol

I dunno....

Thanks for posting this!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
P.S. This is just a theory which occurred to me, and some will consider it crazy,..... but since we're talking dreams I guess it's as likely as any other "mystical" theory.

I've read that the chemical '___' is responsible for our dreaming every night. '___' release is also triggered through meditation. Some people have taken '___' externally in order to artificially experience the spiritual world. They report many interesting things, among them is the connection with a supreme consciousness some might refer to as "God". One of the theories is that when '___' is released in our brains during sleep, it allows our consciousness (our soul?) to travel to other dimensions, but most of us will never remember the places we visited once we wake up. I'll now make a connection to a thread I authored a few weeks ago: "Secrets of Our Existence and Universe Unraveled"

In this thread I described an experience I had, which involved reaching some interesting answers I never expected. One of those answers was that the Universe is something of a computer generating infinite possibilities, and some of these possibilities were parallel to each other even though they were years or centuries apart. It was also revealed to me that each of us is a piece of this supreme consciousness (which controls or oversees the possibilities generated by this Universe), living in this physical (yet fictional/fabricated/holographic) world in order to learn from experience. It's hard to describe it all within a paragraph. It's all in the thread.

Basically what I'm driving at here (as out-of-this-world as it sounds) is that it could be possible that your boyfriend is indeed experiencing a completely separate life in another dimension, taken there by the release of '___' during his sleep. Unlike most of us, maybe he is much better at remembering his dreams. It's also possible that during his sleep he may be remembering a past life, or a parallel reality.

Sounds insane, but I thought I'd throw the possibility out there. Who knows what's real and true.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
is there a time period difference.... historical or future Ect.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Clearly he has issues with his current life and his mind alleviates this with his journey into a different life.

Perhaps he feels detached? Claustrophobic? He needs to be elsewhere. Somewhere different. an escape into somewhere else.

But if he has a job in this dream world, how awful... working in this life, hating it, trapped.. only to sleep and enter another world where he's working and not getting paid for it.

Can we get stress leave in our dream jobs?

Oo

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Finally, someone else.
Here... check this out:

Who Else Seems To Go To The Same Place Every Night In Their Dreams?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Your man is experiencing alternate-life regression. It could be future life, past life, or (rarely) dual life. I need to ask a few more questions:

1) Are there any supernatural things, IE, ray guns, hover cars, or is everything otherwise normal?
2) Can you post a pic or pics of the map(s) he has? That would be helpful in determining many things, IE, which multi-verse, which time line, geographic location, etc.
3) Does he have any other anomalous feelings, like deja vu, or predilection? Is he normal otherwise?
4) Does he sleep in one position all night, or toss and turn during his dreams? This one is important. It shows whether he disconnects from this reality or is joined to both.
5) Do his dreams affect his current life? Is he emotional and communicative or regressed and sullen? Is he fun to be around or always looming somewhere else?

After 25 years he should be integrated into both realities, which is helpful in pinpointing his "other location", which it seems is why you posted this, that you would like to know where he goes.

If you can provide more information I'd be glad to try to help you understand. At first guess, he is a VERY intuitive person, and has more abilities than you and he know about. I suspect both of you feel it. Maybe he just needs a nudge in the right direction. Let me know.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

Thankyou all for your replies

I agree RustyS, sometimes we just want to believe in something and will come up with answer even if we have to create it but I have an open mind to it and I was just interested in other peoples ideas....incase there was something I hadn't thought of. Normally I just put dreams down to us processing the days events or our fears but I had never heard one like his till 13 years ago!

If your dreams are nice ones then I would think that your grandmothers house must have been a good place to be and vice versa.

reply to post by EvolEric

EvoEric......I know......living the dream!

I have never heard of the film you mentioned, maybe it wasn't released here in the UK but I will have a look for it now as I read the write up and it seems really interesting!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

He's telling the truth, I've been hearing about this other life for 13 years now! Good idea that you have, maybe he could go to sleep thinking he's going to find out some information, I will suggest it

I did think about a past life but the dreams seem to take place in the actually years we are in, fashions follow the same, cars, buildings etc. The reason I thought about past life was because I know about 30 years ago he did a past life regression session and when he got to being in the womb everything was ok but when the the person doing it tried to get him past that point it all went black and he started to panic and he had to be brought out of it. He was told that this was because something in his mind was telling him not to go back, that he didn't want to remember. He's no longer into anything like this, says enough to deal with in the real world!

I will have to research this '___' as I just had a quick look and it said it's found in plants and animals. Maybe eating something with it in can increase the amount in your brain. And he does seem to remember all his dreams.

I'm going to read through your thread

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Had to read through that thread of yours. (Only fair, right?)

Do you still have recurring dreams? Same scenarios? I'd go back to that thread, but I think it'd help more if I post answers here, as this one is current. Do you mind, or would you rather I offer answers on that one? You decide the protocol.

I'll give you this much: Lucid recurring dreams, floating, unable to determine exact locations.

1) Lucid dreamers are often more mentally advanced. They have a few more (millions more) synapses firing at the same time. Here is one small detail. Your mind never rests. Your body shuts down, to regenerate and heal, but your mind is constantly active. You never really stop processing thoughts. You just do it in a different way while sleeping. Your brain only ceases activity when you die. Okay, enough of that, my point being is that some individuals have these lucid dreams, and their mental topology is a bit different. I'd ask if you ever had a brain scan, but not likely because they only do those when you are physically ailing. You can't go to the doctor and ask him to monitor your delta waves because you have recurring dreams, unless you present some sort of abnormal behavior. Insurance just doesn't cover that, unless you go over the edge, and THEN, they give you meds to take. You aren't on meds, *wink* so you are able to continue lucid dreaming. I'll wait to talk about recurring lucid dreams.

2) Floating. Floaters, often referred to as observers, unable to interact with dream subjects. You see everything going on in a lucid dream, but lack the ability to interact, why? Hint: Why doesn't God interact with humanity? It's because you guys are special.

3) Dream locations, streets, and highways are more of a human mapping trying to relate to non-physical locations, and it doesn't always work smoothly, until you get the gist of what is going on.

I'll help, tell you what I know, but it's up to you to decide what to do with it. I present ideas, information, and can tell you things which seem to be logical, but it boils down to you being able to accept them. Yeah, I think you are another one that's ready.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Yours sound very similar! It's nice to know it happens to other people

You mentioned aircraft. If ever he doesn't have this other life dream he dreams another recurring dream where he's in a field with planes flying over dropping bombs. I just put this down to the fact he's really interested in anything to do with WW1 and WW2 as he wasn't born then and also as I said he has a stressfull job and he's always fighting to stay on top of it.

I find it very strange that you are both able to carry on these dreams on a daily basis and pick up where you left off! I am also very happy that it is a good dream world and your not having to relive a nightmare every night

reply to post by badw0lf

That is what I ended up thinking and telling him what it was, escapism. He has a good job and he's been in the same profession since leaving Uni working long hours but it's not what he would have really loved to have done. He picked a path that would get him away from where he grew up to give himself a better life.

Still this dream has been going far longer than this and I just find it bizare that someone can go back to the same dream over and over again.

P.S. Your avatar is hilarious!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I'm reading your thread now.

I must admit when I first starting reading it, it's like people are going to a world like the Sims game I have seen!

Good point you made about never seeing your reflection!

Wouldn't it be strange if everyone could pin point the same thing but I would be reluctant to mention about anything incase he "put" it in his dream. I will have to collect more details.

Can't believe how many people dream like this.......I feel left out now!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Hi......

1. Nothing supernatural, it's just a normal everyday life.

2. I will have to get him to draw other maps as he normally just throws them in the bin when he has shown me.

3. He has no other feelings about things, deja vu etc and he has no interest in that sort of thing anymore probably because his work life took over so much of his time. He's very much what's fact is fact and likes proof. He does get gut feelings as do we all and he's very good at his job when making the right choice! When he was alot younger he was told that he was spiritual and capable of being a spiritualist as one of his realitives is (has nothing to do with them) and also past reatives were. He's normal, a very good hearted person. Seems to forget alot of thing we tell him though but he puts that down to switching off after work.

If anything he says I freak him out with knowing when things are going to happen or what people are going to do! I just put that down to being able to read people and things quite well.

He has always been convinced I'm going to attack him one day!

4. He turns over quite alot and I know this is meant to be a medical condition but he stops breathing sometimes....I've counted up to 28 seconds!

5. The dreams don't seem to effect him, he's very level headed and straight down the line. The only thing ever about him is he can't bare to be away from me, if I go away he'll get down and go to bed early and he's not happy unless I'm asleep next to him. He is someone who always coped very well on his own and neverminded being single. If I have to wake him up though to get up he starts screaming and I mean really screaming! I hate having to wake him up.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Dream interpretation is widely available on the net, just google it. It is odd to dream that you return to the same place over and over, I have done this for years, I feel like I a glimpsing a previous life when I am there, I have another name in that dream and everyone knows me as I approach the same house, even celebrate birthdays there and they all know it is my birthday! And the place never changes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join