It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs From Above - Another Look

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

What original sin are you talking about? To me, the original sin was believing that we could be separated from god. We are not separate from god and when this is known for sure there is no more sin, just unconditional love.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

What original sin are you talking about? To me, the original sin was believing that we could be separated from god. We are not separate from god and when this is known for sure there is no more sin, just unconditional love.

In the garden of Eden, that's where sin originated from. Jesus came to free us from that original sin. The only time you are separated from God is if you are condemned to hell.
edit on 21-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

The garden of Eden is still here, we live in the garden of Eden. But because we believe that we have been separated from god, we no longer live in paradise, but it's just a delusion. The story of Adam and Eve is a story of each and everyone of us, it is not about some people that lived a long, long time ago.
As human beings, we have reason and logic and think we can control and plan our lives. We think we have our lives in our own hands, but this is just a fantasy. It is this fantasy that makes us unhappy. This thinking that we have control makes our lives a struggle (i have to do it right, i have to be and do better), it also makes us judge others. The result is sin.
There really is no sin 'out there'. Sin is a belief that condemns oneself to fear and punishment.
We do not control our lives, or anybody elses.
This is all gods work.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is a quite interesting development of the thread, ....two different sets of absolutes, deriving from the same book (as far as I can see). Making it obvious, that the holy manual not only can be interpretated as being 'above' other religions, 'above' science/logic, justify ideological fascism, but it also is so self-contradictory and confused, that believers can't agree on, what it means.

It even gives an additional sense of mystery to the whole thing, that Hawaii refuses to state his position and the methodologies used to arrive at his specific interpretation.

I think, I will acquaint myself better with the flying spaghetti monster religion and the theological points associated with it, so I can preach THAT 'true religion' here as a part of the seeming purpose and method of this thread: Producing mini-sermons.

Though my sermons will ofcourse be oppositional counter-points to the false religion stated by the OP author, but I promise, that my basis will be just as rational, sane, validated ...whatsoever... as the various christian positions presented here.

Considering my bleeding heart liberalism, probably also more tolerant than the OT-based atrocities which apparently is a part of the OP author's spiritual luggage.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I'm not going to lower myself to your level. I don't have to prove anything to you, it will make no difference and it would just be a waist of precious time to do so. Say what you like, I don't really care, I know what I know and that's good enough for me.
Like I said before, your the type that likes to be heard and your like those horses that have blinders on. Your high strung and opinionated, you always have to have the last say no matter what. People must not listen to you much, I feel sorry for you.

And I'm positive that you will have something to say about this too. So go ahead, have your last say, again, if it makes you feel good and all bubbly. Different strokes for different folks, go get'em cow boy.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Thank you very much for your permission to continue posting on ATS.

It's a nice gesture, though a bit meaningless, as I don't live in the fantasy-world of your mindset, where hierarchial authority must approve everything first. Probably this hierarchy-structure obsession also explains your recurrent insistence on extremely judgemental attitudes.

At the alleged top is 'god and co'., which runs a slave-based business. Mankind is property; freedom in thought, speech and action is rebellious and 'sinful'; and everybody should repeat the mantra: "I'm a lowly slave" and repent constantly, because they are born unworthy and need steady forgiveness for this from 'god and co'.

In the middle of this imagined hierarchy, there are those who believe themselves to be overseers, the spiritual equalent of the overseers from the good old plantation days, where somewhat privileged slaves were the prolonged arm of Massa. Those who in real life are overseers in a mundane organisation for the furthering of the interests of 'god and co' and those who believe themselves to be overseers in an imagined spiritual hierarchy have a manual on how to run a slave-plantation on a daily basis. Overseers blindly believe this manual.

If 'god and co' for some reason (e.g. there are too many homosexuals or liberals) need immediate one-way communication, they are said to be able to do this in various ways. One is to kill some thousands human beings (who may or may not be involved in the imagined problem) or to send e.g. clouds in interesting shapes, almost looking like doves or angels or some other holy things. Ofcourse only overseers can actually SEE these shapes. Normal people only see normal clouds.

And at the bottom of the hierarchy ofcourse homosexuals (who can't or won't join in the slave BREEDING industry, which is apart from the slave-working industry), rebellious bleeding-heart liberals, women, children, those of competing slave-systems etc.

I would have loved to enlarge on this, but I've suddenly become short of time, so it'll have to wait until later. Possibly to the chagrin of all readers, who find my ruminations fascinating.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join