It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs From Above - Another Look

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
No one can truly deny all the increase in earthquakes, world wide breaking temperatures and severe storms, fish, bird, and mammal die offs in all parts of the world. As well as the changes going on in space. Than we have all the uprisings in the Middle East, Africa, Russia, China, even in North Korea. Unrest everywhere, but the focal point is the Middle East.
If anyone can truly deny these things, than they must have been living under a rock for the past 21 years. Or their just plain scared to look.

As I have continued to study both the Bible and the news, I am becoming more and more convinced that though the most profound and catastrophic events will come to pass on Earth only after the seven year tribulation begins. Yet I believe the precursors of most of them already well under way, involving the political, economic, religious, and natural realms. In short, they are now evident everywhere but still ignored by the secular world and even by most of organized religion, the latter no doubt a topic of lengthy discussion in itself. Last year, I presented an article called "Signs from Above," which focused on the possible things we can expect to see in the heavens as the end of this age approaches (www.raptureready.com...). Terry James and I have kept in touch concerning a wide variety of prophecy-related topics over the years and he suggested it might be helpful to revisit this subject at this time. I agree! Jesus himself has told us that immediately before his Second Coming that there would be profound signs in the moon, sun, stars, including an inexplicable darkness in the skies (Matthew 24:29). There are mention of similar darknesses in the Old Testament (Exodus 10:21-23 - localized darkness in Egypt prior to the Exodus; Isaiah 13:10 and Joel 3:15 - the darkness also referred to by Jesus preceding his coming). Particularly notable as well is that which occurred for at least three hours on the day that the Lord was crucified (Luke 32:44-45). So let's take a look skyward once more and see if we can make some educated guesses as to what we might expect to see very soon, but bearing always in mind that God might very well intervene in ways to produce these signs that we cannot even begin to comprehend. THE SUN - A REVIEW AND STATUS REPORT Virtually all the stars in the night sky ranging from small red dwarves up through blue super giants are nuclear furnaces converting hydrogen into helium and releasing incredible amounts of energy in the process. While the biggest may consume their fuel in a matter of a few million years, the smallest dole it out in a Scrooge-like manner allowing them to last many tens of billions of years. Now there is the unresolved argument concerning the age of our Earth and universe among sincere and faithful Christians and plenty of arguments on both sides in which we have a 6000 year old creation or one of 13.7 billion years in age, with the Earth and its Solar System being around 4.6 billion years old. Even so, how long this took really is moot since there is no specific upper limit in Scripture as to how long everything could last, but we will look at this topic next. Based on current science, our sun has some 5 billion more years to go before undergoing drastic changes, but once again, we cannot preclude actively stepping in and changing this whole estimate. In fact, the Bible suggests strongly that he will because it speaks of these signs in the heavens occurring while human beings are still on this planet. The odds are prohibitively against us lasting long enough for our sun to make Earth uninhabitable, something which will likely occur not in 5 billion years but a mere 100 million as its energy output rises with age slowly turning the world into a scorched waterless desert.

www.raptureready.com...

Millions of fish found dead in California marina
news.yahoo.com...

24 dead as quake topples homes in SW China
news.yahoo.com...

Japan earthquake Thursday follows Wednesday's 7.3 magnitude quake
www.csmonitor.com...

Magnitude 6.6 Quake Hits Papua New Guinea
english.chosun.com...

Giant jellyfish invade Japan
www.telegraph.co.uk...

There is a lot more than just these few incidents.

edit on 3/12/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: clipped quoted content

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
yeah don't downsize that quote or anything.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Isn't there enough religious, 2012, "somethings going to happen" threads?

You couldn't just add this to one of them?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Originally posted by WilliamRikeronaSegway

Don't worry I won't.

Don't worry most of us won't bother to read it anyway.. But yeah I don't deny that the planet is dying..Everything dies..It's part of the cycle called life.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

Don't worry I won't.

Don't worry most of us won't bother to read it anyway.. But yeah I don't deny that the planet is dying..Everything dies..It's part of the cycle called life.

I wasn't expecting to see you back, thanks

I was back.. i'm leaving..I won't be bumping this thread, like The non sense that went on in your last one..

By the way, I alerted a mod to delete my comment if they felt that it was "off topic" in that thread..They did not remove it..It's been almost 24 hours.. I guess i'm not the only one that feels my comment was not "off topic".

And if you are suprised by the fact that the planet has a life cycle too..I suggest you study this link..The history of earth...As you won't find this in the bible.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I appreciate the work that goes into writing such a piece as this, good job. With that said i wish that more people on this site wouldn't knock things that they dont LIKE! It doesnt matter how many threads are posted about the same topics, Its the fact that people are getting out there and doing research and having an opinion. The funny part about it is are the people always knocking the threads whether they be about UFO's, Bigfoot, Middle East or what not have yet do post anything themselves longer than one sentence. So I say to everyone who reads this "keep on keepin on" I wanns see a million more threads on 2012, Ufo's hoaxes or not! It keeps life interesting and sites like this one so popular.

PeAcE!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Don't worry I won't.

Can't we just send Al Gore some cash to fix it?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Cracking The Faith Barrier, by Hal Lindsey
In these two videos he uses an analogy of when Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier, that after all the turbulence there was a serene calm in the cockpit of the plane.
This is a big problem with the human view point when it comes to understanding God. Humans look at the difficulties in life with their limited human understanding.
I will now let Hal Lindsey explain it, he has a way of giving good understanding when it comes to speaking about God and the bible.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Don't worry I won't.

Sorry, I was not aware that the world is alive, huh, odd.
Anyways, I agree with the part of it ending soon

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm

Don't worry I won't.

Sorry, I was not aware that the world is alive, huh, odd.
Anyways, I agree with the part of it ending soon

I don't believe the earth is going to end. I see what is happening as severe earth changes, and there is a spiritual part to it. So many have turned away from believing in God, and I do believe that He is removing His protecting hand, which is the Holy Spirit, and that's because mankind wants to rule himself without faith. So God will grant mankind his wish to completely run his own affairs, this will be the final fall of man.
I also see life as the way we know it and have come so accustom to will change drastically. Many of the freedoms and luxuries that we take for granted will be taken away. The economy is designed to fall apart, uprisings in many places as the population becomes discontent with the way governments have been conducting themselves and running and should I say ruining business.
Wars and rumors of wars and eventually real war will break out.
What lay ahead is not very pretty, and nobody really wants to face this.
All that's left is to have faith, and trust in God, but only those that make this choice will have hope, and nothing to fear.
I know that this hope will possibly be scrutinized, cut down, and even made fun of. But that's okay, all those that have a relationship with the Almighty knows this. Now, read this, none of us are perfect, and just because we are Christian doesn't make us better than anyone else, those of us that are Christians and have invited Christ in our hearts are forgiven. We also live everyday in constant battle within ourselves to over come the evils of this world, the difference is having Christ in our hearts makes us stronger through prayer, which we have to do everyday to remain in peace within ourselves.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

It's one thing, that you use ATS as an outlet for your need of preaching.

It's another, that you appear to consider your readers imbeciles. The 'gap-of-knowledge' argument is NOT valid, it's not convincing, these days it's even a little pathetic.

If you don't believe me, I can re-introduce the flying spaghetti monster and let him/her/it run on parallel 'reasoning'-lines to your alleged 'god'.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

It's one thing, that you use ATS as an outlet for your need of preaching.

It's another, that you appear to consider your readers imbeciles. The 'gap-of-knowledge' argument is NOT valid, it's not convincing, these days it's even a little pathetic.

If you don't believe me, I can re-introduce the flying spaghetti monster and let him/her/it run on parallel 'reasoning'-lines to your alleged 'god'.

You must be feeling guilty about something or you have very low self esteem about yourself. No one called you an imbecile. People like you are very arrogant and conceited, you think that your way is the right way. Just because there's another view, especially a Christian view, man do you ever get offended. This just goes to prove that God is very real, otherwise why would so much people as yourself get so upset. It's because it hits a nerve to the depths of your souls, the truth always offends, the truth always pisses people of, the truth always embarrasses the guilty.
Christ warned of days like this, He said, that many will hate you on account of my name.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You wrote:

["You must be feeling guilty about something or you have very low self esteem about yourself."]

Actually not. 50+ years ago I outgrew the need of comfort blankets and speeking with invisible entities, which are supposed to give my life meaning and direction.

Quote: ["No one called you an imbecile."]

I never said anybody called me imbecile.

Quote: ["People like you are very arrogant and conceited, you think that your way is the right way."]

The compliment COULD be returned, but I'd rather ask you: "What IS my way then?" You already have expressed knowledge of my character-shortcomings (guilt and low self-esteem) and now you claim to know about my 'way'. Explain.

Quote: ["Just because there's another view, especially a Christian view, man do you ever get offended."]

There are many 'views', and in the ranks of these views there are some individuals who want monopolies, privileges, who feel it their right to derogate others or just are generally self-proclaimed 'right'. If you're not amongst those, you are ofcourse not targeted.

Quote: ["This just goes to prove that God is very real, otherwise why would so much people as yourself get so upset."]

A course in logic wouldn't be amiss on your part, but I can give you a hint. It's not 'god'/not-'god', which is the reason for opposition, it's the possible social consequences of any extremist ideology with elitism involved.

Quote: ["It's because it hits a nerve to the depths of your souls,..."]

I believe, that people would listen more to you, if you learned not to project your own mindset and its mechanisms on the rest of us.

Quote: ["......the truth always offends, the truth always pisses people of, the truth always embarrasses the guilty."]

What 'truth'? You mean the unvalidated claims, which you're pushing here.

Quote: ["Christ warned of days like this, He said, that many will hate you on account of my name."]

In all respect. Your doctrines have no credibility whatsoever for me, and the only reason I respond to them is that extremist christianity demonstrably has run amok several times in human history. You guys better get used to egalitarian society without any special privileges for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join