It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people warming up to your "Crazy" ideas?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

Anyway, being on the [color=gold]lunatic fringe is getting crowded these days...LOL.

I like that you ended you post with a LOL.

One of the lyrics from this song (from 1981) is

"We won't let you kill the laughter."

David Grouchy
edit on 10-3-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

One of my favorite songs and oh soooo appropriate for today. I remember a show I used to listen to on shortwave open up with this song for it's theme... this was back in the mid 1990s when I first "woke up."

Like the Matrix...my head swam for days after I realized all that was going on....really swallowed the pill.

It was a book entitled None Dare Call It Conspiracy.... that and the short wave ROCKED my world... found out about all of it... like my first toke or first love... man, what a mind screw. Then I took a deep swallow of Art Bell and the rest is history.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

YES!! My stepdad has always been a hunter, and my mom always just "let him have his fun", but she recently bought a handgun.

My husband is in the military, and we have a shotgun, but are planning on getting handguns for us.

My siblings would tease me about how I was digging too much into the NWO and all that, but now they're seeing for themselves and asking me questions about it.

It's amazing.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I have noticed to that alot of people are "waking up" unfortunately I'm still seen as the conspiracy nutter by most people I know, which is sad but............

However the fact that they are simply asking questions is only the beginning.

I ask everyone this as a small favor if you come across any of these people who are "waking up" please do more than just fill them with your own ideas. Inform them but also educate. Let them know hey this is what I think, but you need to do your own footwork and draw your own conclusions. For if we simply try to cram our beliefs/disbeliefs down their throats then we are no better than those who we are trying to "free' them from.

I do'nt know just my opinion and a lesson learned, as this seems to be the reasoning of my opening sentence.

That is all.
edit on 10/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling

edit on 10/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: spelling ..... sorry

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

No, THAT'S weird! Because while I was working today, I mentioned my interest in conspiracy theories and he began talking about 9/11 too and his views...never talked about 9/11 to anyone else after getting blasted by my parents for being unpatriotic, etc., et al...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Mark my words, and I've been saying this for awhile now, the current age we are entering will be known in the future history as "The Great Awakening"

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
O-M-G funny you should make a thread like this, My GF, and I battle over this all the time, Im an ex air force TACP vet, and have my gear packed and ready with all the goodies. Ya, she thinks, Im nuts, still, she tolerates my ways, she's been to the range with me a few times. But on the other hand, most of her friends ask me things all the time on what they should buy, If I would teach them at the range, and so on. Its quite funny that her friends have this interest, but she is so bull headed about it. She wont even check out CNN, I know they arent the most truthful, but she doesnt want a clue about the world outside of our city. Its tough, help, any ideas?>

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
O-M-G funny you should make a thread like this, My GF, and I battle over this all the time, Im an ex air force TACP vet, and have my gear packed and ready with all the goodies. Ya, she thinks, Im nuts, still, she tolerates my ways, she's been to the range with me a few times. But on the other hand, most of her friends ask me things all the time on what they should buy, If I would teach them at the range, and so on. Its quite funny that her friends have this interest, but she is so bull headed about it. She wont even check out CNN, I know they arent the most truthful, but she doesnt want a clue about the world outside of our city. Its tough, help, any ideas?>

I just kind of just found things that my wife can directly relate to and tell her what she can most likely expect soon. Gas prices rising, food prices rising. Then I'd explain just a tiny bit of what would be causing these things. When things start happening that she can visibly verify and feel it in the pocket book I guess she perked up and thought there might actually be something to it.

I did email her this link with videos about food prices: Food Info

I think these helped a little because they are comming from an intelligent woman so she can't just say it's only crazy guys saying this stuff, plus the lady in the videos peppers in a lot of other information that help increase the exposure and hopefully get her to ask more questions and investigate and start seeing the bigger picture.

Just wanted to also add: I know there are a lot of laddies on this board who know a whole lot more that me so no disrespect intended in anything I'm saying, I know there are a lot of guys with their heads in the sand, just in this case it's my wife.

I wish my wife would find some lady friends who are knowledgable about this stuff, that would help a huge amount too. Information from respected peers goes a long way.

edit on 11-3-2011 by usmc858 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Now that you mention it, yes. My childhood friend asked me what was the deal with 2012 and what I thought. I gave her the generic version and gave her my opinions on things one could do as far as increasing food prices and how it's important to start putting some food items aside, as she could afford it. She's one of those people who have very little in the fridge and cupboards. I saw her fridge and there was hardly anything in it. I gave her a little advise and hope she heeds it. But you know, you can only say so much without coming across as a crazy. Oddly enough, my mom who is 74, is one of the best people I have to talk to. She's been around and has seen so much; she even believes there is life out there other than us. She's very informative on surviving tough times and as a child at home with 10 siblings they never had enough to eat. She grew up very poor, most likely in poverty. She is one of the strongest women I know and I'm really happy to have her. I can talk with her about conspiracy theories and she provides examples and she's told me she's happy she can to me about this kind of thing because she has no one else to talk with about this. My husband is finally getting it.
My sixteen year old son is so smart and is constantly asking me to go shopping for our stockpile food because he believes food prices are going to skyrocket, so we go once a week specifically for that and he rotates the food and advises me on what we should have, etc. Last night when we got home from shopping, I told him that most mom's aren't as cool as me and he said, "Yeah, I know mom, you're not one of those women who goes out shopping for shoes and clothes and has a credit card racked up to the thousands." I don't express my views to very many people to be honest, only if they ask. You can't go out spouting out your theories to everyone because they don't listen anyway. At this point, I'm interested in taking care of my family; it's the one thing I can do. Nice thread, by the way.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Twenty years ago I began putting effort into convincing people that the so called war on drugs was a war on unalienable rights, and if people didn't roll their eyes and casually dismiss me, they did so with vehement anger. The very day of 9/11 I remarked that this was most likely an inside job used as an excuse expand government, and virtually everyone I knew laughed at me openly and derisively. Crazy was not my middle name, for people who knew me, it was my first name.

Twenty years ago was about the same time is when I begin telling people what was going on, it started when I read the book Secrets of the Temple: How the Federal Reserve Runs the Country by William Greider, when I started telling everyone I knew that the Federal Reserve was privately owned I was also told I was crazy and not believed. Same thing with the war on drugs among other things, most don't think I am crazy now but some do, as you know too many are still in denial. I don't know what it will take for the American people to wake up.

Great post as usual my friend.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join