It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama to Retire from Political Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Dalai Lama to Retire from Political Life

latestchina.com

The Dalai Lama has announced he will retire from political life within days...

..."As early as the 1960s, I have repeatedly stressed that Tibetans need a leader, elected freely by the Tibetan people, to whom I can devolve power. Now, we have clearly reached the time to put this into effect," the 76-year-old told an audience
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Images above made by the Fifth Dalai Lama, Ngawang Lobsang Gyatso (1617–1682), and included in a secret autobiography discovered after his death

The Dalai Lama is a contentious and interesting figure who means many things to many people. Simplistically idealized by many in the West, villified by the Chinese as a feudal relic, used by Washington as a political thorn in Beijing's side, revered by many (but by no means all) of his people...in many ways more a symbol than a man, but a man nonetheless, and one who, at age 76, must be tired of wearing so many hats, though he has done so with aplomb and style from an early age, despite being delt a difficult hand for a ruler.

Indeed, the Dalai Lama maintains an aura of human symbolism that is rare in the postmodern world. No secret cam pics or video feeds have emerged of him partying it up in with Charlie Sheen or clubbing baby seals to death in his spare time. As a writer, his interests have been wide-ranging. His work has touched on everything from neuroscience to ecumencalism between the religions, and he has served as an amabssidor to the world at large from the abstruse world of Esoteric Buddhism.

Besides the current politcal controversies that surround this figure, also of interest is the fact that he is the last to hold a theocratic throne in a very unusual and ancient form of rulership. His decision to give up official leadership to a democratically elected representative of the people is a turning point of note.

The Dalai Lama has long stood at an unusual nexus somewhere in the realm between politics and religion, medivalism and modernity, feudalism and a struggle for a people's destiny. His decision to retire to a more contemplative life will have reprecussions in all these areas.

latestchina.com

edit on 3/10/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wasn't one of his relatives killed recently? Maybe he's heading for the bunkers

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I read somewhere the true dali lama was kidnapped as a boy.......and this one is an imposter.

Anyone else know anything about this?

Maybe i can find the link.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
ah here we are.....this might not be the same thing im not sure..

www.freepanchenlama.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I read somewhere the true dali lama was kidnapped as a boy.......and this one is an imposter.

threre are a bunch of lama's, and they reincarnate, The one your talking about was found by the Dali lama, but taken to china, and raised as a chinese buddhist so they could manipulate him and china would have a foot in the door for the Tibetan people.

he would have replaced the current dali lama later in life, but noone knows where he is now.

Im sure I got at least 95% of that story right....but its been a while since I read about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised. This impostor is headed to the bunkers with all of his US friends. We were supposed to watch the world leaders leave as 2012 draw closer...well this is significant. Just look at the senators, governors and such leaving their post soon.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
He seems like a jolly enough fellow and fairly enlightened individual but I have always been opposed to the state being lead by a spiritual leader and am happy that he's bowing out now.

Perhaps with an educated enough populous and focused mindset the country can govern itself and take ownership of it's borders - be that working closer with China or otherwise.

It will still take a couple of generations to find it's own identity but it will be a strong one I'd think with plenty of history to fuel it.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Darn!!!! You said it before I could...

He might know something about 2012 and wants to spend the last year in peace...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

Ya, im sure 2012 has something to do with it... Just as it seems to be connected to every other post on this site.....

No

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
He seems like a jolly enough fellow and fairly enlightened individual but I have always been opposed to the state being lead by a spiritual leader and am happy that he's bowing out now.

Perhaps with an educated enough populous and focused mindset the country can govern itself and take ownership of it's borders - be that working closer with China or otherwise.

It will still take a couple of generations to find it's own identity but it will be a strong one I'd think with plenty of history to fuel it.

-m0r

They had their own identity and did govern themselves untill china F'd it up.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

In 1995, the Dalai Lama chose to proceed with the selection of the 11th reincarnation of the Panchen Lama without the use of the Golden Urn, while the Chinese government insisted that it must be used. This has led to two rival Panchen Lamas: Gyaincain Norbu as chosen by the Chinese government's process, and Gedhun Choekyi Nyima as chosen by the Dalai Lama.

source

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Webster Tarpley's research suggests that he is a CIA asset, ever wonder where his money comes from?

I have always found it curious that he is seen as a hero, a great voice, and yet, when times of trouble came to HIS country - he fled. He didn't stay and fight, but ran away. He didn't lead his people, but let them go. For the great spiritual leader, the hero and chosen one of his people this seems downright selfish and almost implausible.

It would not surprise me at all to find out he is a double, the real lama stayed and this guy was sent as a beard. He's not the brightest person in the world, or even in any room. For all his public speaking he's a heck of a mumbler. In the end, he's more important to sycophantic celebrities than his own people who actually have to live and breathe their lives.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Bravo your Holiness, you must be proud that your people are still standing strongly, (please visit them in Dharmsala - really the most beautiful people) and can now pass on this mantle to younger hands.
The move to a more democratic system is timely and to be applauded.

I was so moved to be in Dharmsala for his acceptance of the noble peace prise, the Tibetans in celebration are so heart warming. To have steadfastly held to non-violence for 50 years towards an invading horde has shown his spiritual awareness. I have no doubt that his current incarnation was not required for his own spiritual growth but was shouldered as a gift to his people and indeed the world.

I wish him strength, wellness and his continued inner peace for his days ahead. I do not ask for the sacrifice of a further incarnation, but hope he fully realises how much of an inspiration he has been and the size of the gift he has presented us all. He surely knows he has the love and gratitude of his people and a multitude around the world.

For me his very presence elevates the species, we are greater because of him.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

ah here we are.....this might not be the same thing im not sure..

www.freepanchenlama.org...

No, the Panchenlama if i remember correctly was at one point the youngest political prisoner in the world.
He was kidnapped at nine years old I think?

He was apparently the reincarnation of some one important in Buddhist lore.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The panchen lama ruled over one part of Tibet while the dalai lama ruled over the other. If one died the other would lead search parties to find the rebirth of the next panchen or dalai. When found the party would offer various objects, some of them belonging to the former dalai or panchen lama and the one recognized as the rebirth would pick the correct objects. Ofcourse if one does not accept rebirth and the possibility some have the ability to view former lives it is easy to see this practice as an obvious way to guarantee rulership as a young child could easily be indoctrinated to rule according to the vision of the other lama's.

Anyway all of that has changed now that a new prime minister has been elected, he received 55% of 50.000 votes:
www.nytimes.com...

Lobsang Sangay (42) is born outside of Tibet (Darjeeling) and studied at Delhi University and Harvard and is a law/intl.human rights expert. Many are hoping he will be able to rally the people inside and outside Tibet and choose a more confrontational approach towards China.
edit on 27/4/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Dalai Lama is an instrument in the hands of manipulators

new topics

top topics

join