It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Rand Paul EPIC rant at Energy Committee Hearing: "You restrict my choices!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I love how he begun by asking if she was pro-choice.

Not only what Rand said but to add to that Govt. very much curbs innovation
To say that govt. is intelligent enough to decide what the market should restrict itself on is a path where we will never evolve as a planet!

In addition to that govt. taking over protocols limits choice which limits competition which increases prices.
Less competition will of course increase prices, that goes without saying

While more competition will keep prices stable while increase jobs

Excellent and very quick responses from Rand!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this video! I've been a huge fan of Ron Paul over the past few years and it's good to see his son following in the same direction.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I love how awkward the people behind him look to feel.

This is great though, I think I might like this guy.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Absolutely ! Let people paint toys with lead paint, let anyone sell any drug without testing, let people drive cars that aren't safe, let people have a choice. I mean why on earth should we all have to use energy efficient light bulbs and save on pollution. It's our planet and if we want to mess it up we will. And why the hell should we use toilets that use less water, so what if water is set to become as valuable as gasoline, it's our water if we want to flush it down the toilets we will. We might be selfish, short sighted and as stupid as a mule left out in the midday sun but it's our god given right to be stupid.

Give me strength
Deny stupidity

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

that is just ignorant. when is the last time the fda helped a citizen over a pharmacuetical company? when was the last time america passed a bill that actually helped its own citizens?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I'm completely pro-environment, and safety regulations, on this too. And I'm not going to engage in this specific debate without knowing more specifics on these laws. But he doesn't seem to be saying deregulation, he's saying he doesn't believe in how it's being done currently.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

does anyone know why the energy commission was formed and when? thats right. 1977 to help get America off of foreign oil. so how are they doing their job so far? they cost taxpayers billions of dollars a year to get us off foreign oil. where are the results?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

He's had toilets for 20 years that don't flush ! What a stupid man. He thinks America is about free choice? Even more stupid. America not only controls it's own citizens but also messes up the lives of millions, maybe even billions with it's annihilation of opposition and it's insatiable greed for cheap oil. He says that the government wants to get inside his house, pathetic rhetoric. Nobody wants to get inside his house, especially if his toilets haven't flushed properly for 20 years. What a moron. Trying to appeal to the unthinking masses who mistake real freedom for the illusory freedom offered by a consumerism that is destroying the planet. His dad got the brains, he got the stupid.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thoriumisbest
Absolutely ! Let people paint toys with lead paint, let anyone sell any drug without testing, let people drive cars that aren't safe, let people have a choice. I mean why on earth should we all have to use energy efficient light bulbs and save on pollution.

Yes Deny stupidity
Please see this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What exactly do you think Govt. is doing right?
Govt. does adequate testing?????
You have ZERO examples!

See the thread above I posted, go to that link
New light bulbs = Dirty Energy
Old light bulbs = Zero Problems!!!

Have you seen a lower energy bill recently with your cute new twirly light bulbs?

See this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then respond!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Here's your pollution saving light bulbs that councils are refusing to pick up.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
The head of the FDA is a Monsanto man supervising your food safety ,hilarious.Here are the results of the crap the FDA allows you to be fed.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
A buddy of mine just linked me this video, Searched it before posting and found this...

Im surprised there isnt more flags/replies to this video... I hope either Ron or Rand end up running this country, they are a few of the last true patriots within the government...

top topics

join