It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fill up anything that can hold gas folks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia police open fire at protest in Qatif

Police in Saudi Arabia have opened fire to disperse protesters in the eastern city of Qatif, a day before planned countrywide anti-government protests.

Witnesses said police also beat demonstrators with batons injuring at least three people.

The protesters, from the Shia minority, were demanding the release of prisoners they say have been held without charge.

Protests are illegal in Saudi Arabia, which has had an absolute monarchy since its unification in the 1930s.

Read more here:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Yes, this was just a few hundred protesters, but just note - the organized marches begin tomorrow. Except to hear a WHOOH sound has the price of oil goes antigrav

edit on 10-3-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Its times like these I pat myself on the back for thinking outside of the box.
I as a young man couldn't find a difference between crack and gasoline.
While all of you cry about your addiction like crackheads,I never got hooked.
Good luck with yer legal form of crack.

Why not find an alternative to being hooked on gasoline???

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I heard about Saudi Arabia on the news this afternoon. Frankly, I am hoping the MSM is making up more lies and creating unjust panic because if true, we are officially in deep trouble. If Saudi Arabia begins a civil war, much like what is going on in Libya, it will affect us much more directly and quickly. Oil prices will only be the start of our troubles.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Cause we'd rather whoremonger every and anything

-

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

A flag for the topic and a star for the "antigrav" remark.

I gave up cars & motorbikes for a pushbike a while ago, fortunately.
I think I might even genuinely consider investing in a horse for the future...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Unfortuantely, I, like most others are fully held hostage by the price of gas. It sucks, if i was the inventive type it would be something to work on but I am stuck in the ratrace of working to pay for gas to get to work and have a little left to feed the family.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Price of gas went from $3.43/gallon this morning here in NE Ohio to $3.59 at 1:00pm when I was on my way to work. I told my wife to stop and fill up her car on her way home. It would not surprise me if it was $4.00 before this coming weekend is over. If a camel farts in the wind in the Middle East they raise gas prices. Gouging at it's finest folks.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
Price of gas went from $3.43/gallon this morning here in NE Ohio to $3.59 at 1:00pm when I was on my way to work. I told my wife to stop and fill up her car on her way home. It would not surprise me if it was $4.00 before this coming weekend is over. If a camel farts in the wind in the Middle East they raise gas prices. Gouging at it's finest folks.

Speaking of that is there someone on ATS who could enlighten me as to how the price of gas that the station bought and has in its underground tanks can go higher or lower (mostly higher) even though the station has not gotten a shipment??

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist

A flag for the topic and a star for the "antigrav" remark.

I gave up cars & motorbikes for a pushbike a while ago, fortunately.
I think I might even genuinely consider investing in a horse for the future...

Hahaha yeah I had to laugh at the antigrav comment. Good one!

Oh well, I'm sick of watching this slow train wreck of a collapse happen anyway. The sooner it happens the better

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Oh I asked that same question in another thread last week. Ohio actually tried passing a law that once the gas was in the ground they couldn't adjust the price until a new shipment came in. That was a big JOKE. These big oil companies keep reporting record profits and people like you and I have to keep finding new ways to make our dollar streeeeeeeeeeeetch just a bit farther. They raise or lower the price based on what it will "potentially" cost them to refill that holding tank.
edit on 10-3-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

So you dont buy any food , you dont have electricity, you live under a bridge. Oil is everywhere it is in everything. Everything goes up if oil goes up!!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As silly as it sounds, now may be a good time to invest in a motor scooter........Yeah I said it, a motor scooter.

We'll all pull through this no matter what. It will just involve us working together more. More carpooling, more reliance on local communities etc..

..that is of course if the S is really H'ing The F right now? Maybe, Maybe not, but soon it will. Be ready!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Might also want to add in a locking gas cap for your vehicle and about 10 feet or so of good quality gas resistant hose as well!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sd2112

Of course I buy food yet I don't live under a bridge.
Is it scary for you to think outside the box??
Its easy for me even though I was told I needed a car and proved them wrong,hence why I see gas as just another addiction.
I also spend alot of time outdoors and don't need you to bring me stuff in your car.
Because of what I have experienced I find it hard to see gasoline as something I should be concerned about...although I do appreciate a beer delivery truck the same as we all do.

edit on 10-3-2011 by DrumsRfun because: My bathwater tasted like chicken??

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

If you want little or no reliance on gasoline, your going to have to go off the grid.

Partial attempts will land you in the same boat as the rest of us. The price of oil relates to everything....

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

We need a national stay the hell at home day, EVERYONE just stays on the couch and not a single penny moves from hand to hand for an entire day.
You want to see fear in the eyes of your oppressors?
You want to make a banker cry?
You want them to see how powerful we are?
Do YOU need to see how powerful you are?
Money that does not move is worthless, now you know the secret of your salvation, no charge for that.

new topics

top topics

join