It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British PM david cameron, how do you sleep at night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum but the internet is alive (in the UK anyway) about a comment made by a presenter on a show called "the one show"

One show wiki

During the episode new presenter Matt Baker asked the prime minister "how do you sleep at night?" and the PM replied that he slept very well...

Now there seems to be a bit of confusion of whether Matt was making a dig at the PM or whether it was just a general question I have watched the clip a few times but I'm not sure if was meant callously or not but I'm verging towards it was a general albeit random question to ask the PM.

Just google "matt baker how do you sleep at night" and you'll see all the story's
edit on 10-3-2011 by roughycannon because: spelling

edit on 10-3-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Meh, they were so nice to him. I am sorry, but I am leaning towards them actually meaning "With all the hard and noble work you put in, is it hard to find time to sleep?"

I really don't see this as very controversial. Oh. Maybe if you cut out that question and his initial reaction, and replay it over and over.

edit on 10-3-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Yeah I thought so too, but I just saw it on 10' o clock live (I dunno if your in the UK but its a show here) after I looked online they seem to be making it out as if its a snide remark but I seen it as a general question, edited youtube video's don't help though...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Looking at the clip I think Matt baker meant it as... after all the hard work how do you sleep? but the PM seemed to take it as "your a monster how do you sleep at night" and he answered about sometimes making the wrong decisions...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Why wouldnt he sleep well at night.

He and his mates have a gold plated pension. Decided their own pay rises and have a docile, compliant population that let them get away with anything they like including fraud.

They operate in an essentially closed shop and pat themselves on the back and claim overwhelming support when most never voted for them or their lap dogs.

He intends to cut the police numbers while at the same time increasing the numbers of the special protection squad tasked to protect them.

Tells us we cannot afford our health care system while planning yet another war designed to promote his world status.

I expect he sleeps very well the uncaring self centred bar steward

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
They operate in an essentially closed shop and pat themselves on the back and claim overwhelming support when most never voted for them or their lap dogs.

Well, that’s democracy for you. There will always be a portion who voted the other way and therefore feel robbed.

He intends to cut the police numbers while at the same time increasing the numbers of the special protection squad tasked to protect them.

I think they have said that front line police numbers won’t be cut. They will cut all the expensive senior officers who are flying desks and doing jobs more suitably qualified civvies can do! If you look at the way the police service has constructed itself (yes, jobs for the boys), you would be quite happy to see some cuts. Not to mention the vast numbers of administrators supporting a bureaucracy designed to employ the maximum numbers of people.

Tells us we cannot afford our health care system while planning yet another war designed to promote his world status.

The amount the UK pays on defence is quite low compared to the vast sums pumped into health. Besides, defence is being cut and health is not. The changes in health are removing two layers of bureaucracy and structural waste.

Clearly you don’t like Cameron, but he’s only trying to clear up the mess from the last lot. I am prepared to see what happens over the next few years, rather than be all bitter and twisted because he had a good education.

Regards

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Nice to see someone that swallows the garbage they spoon feed

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
With what they are doing once again to those poor in society in the UK, it does make one wonder how this so called leader, can sleep at night.

His Big society is a complete joke, sack all those working in Libaries, Leisure centres etc, and have a army off un - paid volunteers doing the work or them.

On top of that the torries have always had contempt or our armed forces, other members opinion m ight be different from mines. Whe thatcher was in power she was going to take an axe to the armed forces, now cameron is doing it.

They are also privitising the NHS through the back door. If no one can see this then you are completely brainwashed.

Oh and pensions can anyone really see a Soldier staying in the Armed forces until he is 75 or 80 years old?

Oh sure he sleeps well at night, knowing that the rich get richer while they kick the crap out of those porrer in socitey.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Why wouldnt he sleep well at night.

He and his mates have a gold plated pension. Decided their own pay rises and have a docile, compliant population that let them get away with anything they like including fraud.

I expect he sleeps very well the uncaring self centred bar steward
I

Great post.

Babyface Cameron always looks positively serene, except if he thinks someone has seen through him, so obviously has a very deeply buried conscience. He has selected a job whereby he is responsible for managing the welfare of a huge population. However more than 95% of who he has absolutely nothing in common with, because he comes from the exclusively bred Elitist 5%! As also I believe do most of the others he has selected to surround himself with in his Cabinet He also is maintaining policies,which will ensure that people from ordinary/poorer backgrounds however exceptional they are, will be disadvantaged and rendered no threat should they aspire to join the platform of power and upset the status quo. In the past I use to occasionally watch the televised House of Lords. They were about to discuss the cuts when someone asked if the budget provision had already been provided to ensure the necessary Policing/maintaining public order etc to be able to bring in and enforce these cuts.

In the past policies were discussed and argued over in parliament and because of this open debate we had at least an idea of what was being enacted to govern us. Now small select committees have replaced this debate and we see laws enabling the interests of the 5% come way over the interests of the 95% which is hardly democracy. We are glibly told its for jobs - no its for profit by the few. He clearly doesn't loose sleep over the lack of democracy he resides over here whilst urging it on other countries.

I didn't realise we now will have a Special Protection Squad. So what is he doing, recruiting the most thuggish men from the Police whilst pretending he's cutting numbers.

I think its time he was made to fess up about Afganistan. He thinks the public will continue to accept governmental nonsense, whilst giving up what they have paid for in taxes etc for wars that have no basis. Surely with this country's Intelligence + his education he would know its cheaper to police towns like Luton. I did hear Afganistan has more mineral deposits than terrorists, but surely some Afgan Business Man would have started mining them before letting corporations grab their wealth. The plan of letting the Afgans increase their opium production does smack slightly of a means of busying them 'out of their own picture' as they concentrate only on poppies and not their minerals, It was 3 trillion pounds worth wasn't it....

I have always thought that the egos of many of the Elite in our society need to reflect the country they live in. If you see some of the Embassy's and Royal ambience both here and abroad, you would think we ruled the world. Perhaps that is the dream of Babyface although I suspect it will end with him looking as drawn as his buddy Obama.

new topics

top topics

join