It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets start this as a general chit chat, i waited 1 whole year for battle LA. i am not afraid but som

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
okie people..

i think and i assume everyone on ATS is looking forward for this movie...and so do I...and mind you, i paid 50 AED to watch this movie..my conclusion / summary..is a well produce movie ever since ID4. alright..then.what freaks me out..

1st thing 1st, Battle LA is the only movie so far that depicts the alien invasion in 98% real life situation...i.e ( the marine corp fighting scenes were depicting the same scenarios of the iraq war.. ( anyone agree?? ) while the rest were depicting how human reacts to foreign invasion.

it is truly exciting..i love this movie..and i will go and watch it again.
there is something that scares me very badly, before i go into what scares me, this is how my day went. at 7 am, i drove 1 hour to work, my operational time is 8am to 3 pm ( dont ask me why). so on the 10th...my plan was...drive all the way back to the city and catch the 730pm show of battle of LA, and i did. Here you go, all excited about the movie...plan it well without any rush...bought the ticket and went into the movie.

the start of the movie was quite slow..as it builds up...what i realized is..the scenes of the invasion..was what i had in my nightmare 3 months ago...exactly the same on what i have dreamt of...the invasion is about water..i did rationalized with myself that i watched the V. but the V depicts the whole scenario as a political manipulation..whereas the entire movie of B of LA is about the true intent of the alien invasion.

in my dream. i dreamt about me seeing meteor coming down on the sky, with tsunamis happening and the same alien a/c flying around with the same lightings at the bottom..no one knows about this dream except my wife..she brushed it off..4 months ago when i told her..while i vividly remember the dream 4 months after..
it freaks me out..when i realised that B of LA is showing the same image as i dreamt of.

i love this movie ever since i watched it 5 hours ago...but i asked this question to myself..why did i dreamt of this 4 months ago ???

I am excited and yet..fearful.

edit on 10-3-2011 by affeyee because: incomplete title

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by affeyee

Maybe you seen some snippets of a preview four months ago.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i am glad you liked the movie, i too have been awaiting it anxiously but from alot of people i have talked to the way it was filmed kind of ruins it, i hope they are wrong you have given me new hope that i might like it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by affeyee

whereas the entire movie of B of LA is about the true intent of the alien invasion.
Wait a minute, how does anyone know the Battle of LA was some sort of invasion? As far as I'm aware a UFO just hovered there for a while whilst the army opened fire on it, did the UFO open fire or attack at any point? I haven't seen the movie, but I must be missing something here.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I saw an interview with one of the stars. He said that they trained with Marine Corps NCOs for 3 weeks to get the terminology and actions correct. As well, there was a Master Seargent on hand during the film to correct errors as they were made. So, I respect the fact that they are at least trying to portray realistic action in this film.

I am not sure when I will see it, but I do know I will not be subjecting myself to a theatre this weekend because its going to be nuts.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It is important, when regarding extraterrestrial beings, to have as much fear as possible. Hollywood, our hub of Truth, would suggest; ghosts are demons, and angels are aliens.

I am sure this movie is one of their best, it is hugely commercialized and I have no doubt the psychology Propagandists were hand-picked for the special making of this film.

top topics

join