It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

functionality of the board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
it seems theres a bug that deletes threads pertaining to the functionality of the message board.

when one starts a thread, it is quickly deleted by bill with no explanation or answer.

if we arent supposed to ask our questions about the forum here, what then is the purpose of this section?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
it seems theres a bug that deletes threads pertaining to the functionality of the message board.

when one starts a thread, it is quickly deleted by bill with no explanation or answer.

if we arent supposed to ask our questions about the forum here, what then is the purpose of this section?

Please be specific about the nature of the posts you claim have been "deleted". I was under the impression that rather than being deleted, a thread may be consigned to the trash bin, or moved to an appropriate location. We are constantly reminded that nothing is ever actualy deleted, merely moved either to the bin or to appropriate boards.
What is it that leads you to believe this is not the case, and what "bug" are you reffering to ?

XL5

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I do agree, transparency would be nice. As soon as it leaves the realm of homemade and or hobby, the intertubes become serious business and ALL must be hidden or people will learn of the naferious plot to control our MINDS and strip our SOULS!!!! IMO I don't see what the big deal is in explaining why and what things can't change or what things are open to change, even if it involves money and technical things.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

Why not just hit the alert button and ask the staff why It was deleted?

I did that myself a couple of days ago and I had an answer back explaining everything with-in the space of a few minutes.

edit on 11-3-2011 by Rising Against because: Could word it better..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

i thought you were one of the newly recruited mods.. i could of sworn i saw your name with a shiny new 'forum moderators' badge at one point...

And op, yeah you are not allowed to make new threads critisiting the site, only praising/informing of bugs/spelling mistakes. all complaints go in the bottomless pit which is www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join