It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st post, FINALLY!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Right, I am delighted that i have finally posted 20 messages so i can finally start threads. I'm just going to write every paranormal thing that has happened to me and hopefully get some feedback.

It all started when i was 6-8 years old. I was asleep one night and remeber waking up to something scratching at my head. When i told people at school they all picked on me. I don't know if this was my immagination or was actually real. I kind of makes me think it could of been real, like a witch/old lady scratching my head (later in the story it might become relevant).

That was it for until i was older. I don't really remember anything from when i was younger but i'm sure i used to see shadows in my bedroom when i was young. Now nothing happened until i was 15 and it all happended around the same time. One night i had about 130 missed calls, the person who was calling me did it constantly all night and when i answered they hung up, funny thing is the day after my phone had no battery but it kept turning itself on and off and flashing loads of different colours! weird? i know. I also had a message on my home phone and it was deep breathing and then a sort of scream that didn't sound human. Around the same time i was sitting in my living room with my mom, brother and dad and my dogs started barking at the ceiling like they were following it around, this lasted for approximately a minute or two but it freaked me out. Funny thing is my family thought nothing of it (they are skeptics).

The weirdest thing that happened to me was when i was skiving from school playing GTA in my brothers room. I went to open the door and it was jamned, it just wouldn't budge. I waited there until my parents came home and they opened it no trouble. I thought nothing of it. Next day the same thing happened (yes i was skiving again) but this time i jumped onto the porch under the window and went into my house. Too my horror there was a portrait picture of an old lady on the screen (sort of witch looking) just paused on there like it was sending me some sort of message. The t.v was playing in the background and i can't see how this face would have been on any of the t.v programs.

Nothing else has really happened to me apart from little things like hearing faint footsteps walkign up my stairs, seeing things move out the corner of my eye, Another freaky incident was at about 2am a couple of years ago when i was 18, i was in kitchen and i looked at my front door and saw a light flash on the glass, i opened the dooor but there was nothing!

The other night i was in bed and i started to get to sleep. I could hear laughing, sort of like the audience laughing on a comedy. I though my brother was watching a comedy but he came out of the toilet and his t.v was off. This scared me a little. Just to confirm there was nobody outside and it was 1am. I am 21 now.

All this is true and i think it could all be me reading into things too much but i would love to get some feedback on this.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
When I have sleep paralysis I feel like I am being touched.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by garland1234

Around the same time i was sitting in my living room with my mom, brother and dad and my dogs started barking at the ceiling like they were following it around, this lasted for approximately a minute or two but it freaked me out. Funny thing is my family thought nothing of it (they are skeptics).

Personally, I think that (the quoted text above) says a great deal really - the fact that those (the skeptics) didn't look when you did I mean. You see, I think when It comes to the paranormal (bear in mind I'm a 100% believe in it) a great deal of it is simply 'self-caused'.

Try using paranormal investigators on an investigation as an example here, If you go to a supposedly "haunted location" but was told before hand It was a haunted location home to a malevolent poltergeist, one whom likes to cause mischief and harm, you're now by far more likely to be on edge and link any out of place noise as a paranormal source when in reality the true source is more likely something easily explainable.

It works with just thinking about it also I find. If you're suddenly thinking about the paranormal phenomenon or paranormal experiences etc., and you then hear an out of place noise - you can't help but link the two together. It's common nature really. That doesn't mean anything paranormal related actually occurred at all but It's the immediate conclusion still.

So, to be honest, my guess is that a lot of what you discussed in your opening post can also be explained away easily if you really do search for a plausible explanation to your experiences as opposed to the preferred paranormal one.

You have some interesting stories no doubt but they may not all be paranormal.

..In my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

thanks for that outlook. I can't see any real explanation for my dogs looking at the ceiling barking when there is nothing there. They were really going for it!!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Well, I myself have cats (I'm stuck with them you see - I much prefer dogs too.
) and they seem to do the same thing from time to time - Often really staring at something in the corner of the room - Nothing I can see and nothing I worry about or pay much attention to really. After all, If It was something that wanted my attention I'm sure It would have it as a paranormal presence is always seemingly accompanied by more than one tell tale sign of It's being there (smells for example, cold spots, a "sense").

And, if you do come across other traits - such as those above - then I guess It's possible you have a presence, but even if you do, I've always found it to be nothing to worry over. Most spirits seem to be more than what we would call "friendly." And even if they are not, I'm very much a strong believer (from my own experience) that the power of the mind alone can keep these at bay.

And lastly, from what you said, I can't help but think that your dogs could have simply seen something small such as a bug and decided to go nuts due to not being able to reach it. Something I've personally seen from past pets. Admittedly, It may not seem likely in the slightest that this is the true cause and I'm sure you know your own pets much better than me but my point is you just never know. Something simply might've grabbed your dogs attention to cause them to be distracted in such a way that you had unfortunately missed.

Not that I'm suggesting this was the cause but It's a possibility IMO. Especially, because, and as I said, I've seen it happen myself. I'm also very much a believer in the paranormal but something small grabbing the attention of your pets seems much more plausible to me than a visit from a spirit.

But hey, you just never know.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
When I have sleep paralysis I feel like I am being touched.

Might want to ask who ever you live with about that one

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I know that's a possibility. But to be honest i see myself as an intelectual person. I don't read into things and i don't think every little thing is something paranormal. My dogs definetely didn't bark at a bug. They were roaming all round the room at this unseen being. If there was a bug i would have seen it (im not blind).

Thanks for your reply anyway fella, i see where you're coming from - totally. Maybe it was a microscopic atom they were barking at, i don't know and i don't care. I just find it the paranormal intriging but if i actually saw a ghost or one of those BEK's i would crap my pants.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Well, whatever It was, I do hope you find the true cause...In a way which won't scare you too much of course.

And the paranormal really is a fascinating topic and unfortunately It's an unknown still. So, I guess anything is possible when It comes to it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Also working on getting my post count up, haha. I'll preface this by saying that I have a very open mind when it comes to paranormal events and I myself have experienced a few myself. Although, in this post, it seems like you are describing 2 different occurences. One is your openess to the paranormal. While being open to the paranormal can often cause a false flag sense of perception. It also raises your awareness in situations that are trully unexplainable, a situation that the majority would not even recognize. So I believe you have definitely experienced some trully unexplainable phenomena, I also believe, like you said, some of these occurances are simply a matter of an over-active imagination.

2 How many hours of sleep do you get each night?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

I get enough sleep, more than most. I don't see or hear things that aren't there. I believe what i see. Maybe hearing somebody walking up the stairs/hearing laughing is an over active immagination (i don't know - i do have very strange dreams), and the one about having my head scratched when i was 6 years is 90/95% due to that reason but i wrote it seeing if anybody had this occur to them. When i saw a flashing light that did happen. Like i say i believe what i see and visa versa, if i imagined things then i would see a man with a top hat waving a ciggarette at me from the bottom of my bed which in reality (some people say they see things like this) is fictional!

top topics

join