It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Venus Project - Jacque Fresco - A New Practical World (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well. I just stumbled upon this man, and found a perfect little video for all of you to watch. I highly suggest you check this out, as this man is very blunt and well..IMO, very damn correct.

This video highlights the excellent point that we should be building new cities, instead of restoring the old. It is impractical, costly, and a crutch towards a better and more sustainable future. In this short video, you will also find out, that Jaque Fresco illustrated the first rounded car, 65+ years ago. Unfortunately, he has no credentials, and the U.S does not want to even look into his brilliant ideas.

I grew up with the Jetsons damnit. I was lied to THREE times when I watched Back to the Future trilogy. I want my hover board, I want my vertical farming complexes, I want a clean environment, and I want funny robots to do my bidding. Well, minus the hover board, apparently so does he.

Edit: Just found an actual documentary regarding the Venus Project also.

edit on 10-3-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is awesome work!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I am following this too, the venus project was shown in 'Zeitgeist:Moving Forward' this man has been saying since the 1970's that our system needs to change...and low and behold he was right it does need to change. I can't remember where the video of him in 1970's is but it was included in the Zeitgeist movie.

'RBE - Resource Based Economy is their idea'
edit on 10-3-2011 by Revoloptix because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2011 by Revoloptix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yeah, if this is NWO, then I agree with one of the Illuminati's points.

I just jumped on this like flies on #. I foresee the rest of my day being spent researching this. Will definitely post more as I continue to find out about this wondrous agenda.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Revoloptix

Yeah, Zeitgeist Moving Forward does a great job of explaining how a resource based economy like the Venus Project would work practically.

The Venus Project is most definitely a step in the right direction, thinking-wise. There are a lot of VP bashers but none acknowledge the fact that Jacque Fresco's work is preliminary, open to scrutinization and improvement but he's the first to take the step in the right direction, and propose to the people. Give them food for thought.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I fully promote watching the videos I posted at the bottom. I have just finished them. From five minutes on of Part 1, there is a brief segment with Jaque, where he describes his ultimate fear of Dictatorship, and why he believes this project may give us a fighting chance towards a new, better life.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I sit here and look at our world and can see just how wrong it is..

Then I discovered the Venus Project and it has to be one of the most right things i've seen in a long time..

I can only hope that it becomes reality in my lifetime.. Or i at least get to see it flooding out to the masses as a reality to replace this nightmare we are currently suffering.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux

Yeah, Zeitgeist Moving Forward does a great job of explaining how a resource based economy like the Venus Project would work practically.

The Venus Project is most definitely a step in the right direction, thinking-wise. There are a lot of VP bashers but none acknowledge the fact that Jacque Fresco's work is preliminary, open to scrutinization and improvement but he's the first to take the step in the right direction, and propose to the people. Give them food for thought.

Exactly this. Too many people want the perfect solution instantly which isn't possible they are close minded, but at least someone has come up with a basis, an idea that we can build upon it's people like this that help us move forward with open minds.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revoloptix

Originally posted by FermiFlux

Exactly this. Too many people want the perfect solution instantly which isn't possible they are close minded, but at least someone has come up with a basis, an idea that we can build upon it's people like this that help us move forward with open minds.

My work was based, in large part, on the Venus Project. Though there are differences - I eliminate "economy" and have no "planetary president" - the issue of distributing food by need rather than profit came from the Project.

Please visit my threads, The End of Entropy (best read first, as this is the foundational piece) and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform (the structural piece), linked in my sig.

new topics

top topics

join