It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Stocks Down Steeply As Saudi Gunfire Reports Add To Worries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So - "Day Of Rage" in Saudi-Arabia in our hands... First news from markets doesnt sound good, just before well marketed revolution in Saudi-Arabia... Fires shot, markets nervous.

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Blue-chip stocks suffered their biggest intraday drop since October as reports of Saudi police firing on protesters added a new worry to a day of broader economic concerns.

The blue-chip index slipped under 12000 and was down 204 points, or 1.7%, to 12009 recently as the Associated Press reported that Saudi Arabian police fired on protesters in the country's east. The price of oil regained much of its early loss. No further details were available, but markets' swift reaction was a sign of how sensitive investors remain to indications of unrest in the oil-rich nation.

Demand for Treasurys was higher, and the greenback was stronger, with the euro trading at 1.3792 and the U.S. Dollar Index rising 0.7% to 77.27. Oil neared $103 a barrel.

"Saudi Arabia is the most important component for oil exports, so whatever happens there does matter a lot," said Karl Mills, chief investment officer at Jurika Mills & Kiefer. Mills cautioned that the country is in a different situation than Libya, but if the unrest spreads to the Saudi kingdom, "then you'll see [oil] prices jump up, and that'll cause some fear and panic in the markets."

www.marketwatch.com...

I have a feeling, that we are just now closing the edge of our future. Next few days will decide our destiny - does it goes like planned way to NWO, by collapsing world economy as next move - or do we still get one more chance, as sivilized human kind? Time is something, what is now fast ending from us.
edit on 10-3-2011 by JanusFIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Good.

Let it all come crashing down, tomorrow would not be soon enough.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I hear ya, some might find it morbid but I like it when the DOW drops. If the NWO's plan is to crash the world economy again then the people need to throw them for a loop. When all the governments come crashing down we'll have the power.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I was thinking about making a thread until i found this one. Heres the article I first found from yahoo.com Article

NEW YORK (AP) -- Just when Americans put aside their fears and started buying stocks again, here come a host of reminders of why they left.

Ominous news from around the world caused stocks to plummet on Thursday, sending the Dow Jones industrial average to the worst one-day drop in seven months.

Claims for unemployment insurance rose unexpectedly. A credit rating agency lowered Spain's credit grade, amplifying worries that Europe's debt crisis will worsen. China's economy showed a surprising sign of weakness -- a trade deficit brought on in part by surging oil prices.

And just when markets started bouncing back, Saudi police opened fire on protesters in the eastern city of Qatif, raising concerns about the stability of the oil-rich kingdom. Oil prices swung wildly, and the Dow again dipped below the 12,000 mark.

Sounds like this could be a trigger for a major collapse again. Oil shoots up, stocks crashing down, revolutions and war.....the system is in shambles.....

What will happen over the weekend? Time to wait and see

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Claims for unemployment insurance rose unexpectedly. A credit rating agency lowered Spain's credit grade, amplifying worries that Europe's debt crisis will worsen.

Speaking of credit ratings.

After all the bailouts that the banks took, how come their credit ratings did not suffer?

Millions of other peoples credit ratings are being affected, its only fair.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Credit raiting agencies were in on the game back in 08 and I would think they still are. Sure, theyll give some different country a terrible rating, but when it comes to their own friends, theyll give them a A+ or AAA rating, even if their credit is worth less than turd.

top topics

join