It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows deputy grabbing handcuffed teenage girl by throat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
A Bozeman Montana sheriffs deputy was charged with felony abuse of a prisoner after he was caught on video grabbing a handcuffed teenage girl by the throat.

Thomas L. Madsen resigned last Thursday, a day before the felony charge was filed in District Court in Gallatin County, the Bozeman Daily Chronicle reported Wednesday.

Court records said the 17-year-old girl shut the lights off in an interrogation room because she wanted to sleep. Madsen told the girl to leave the lights on and repeatedly told her to either lie down or sit down, according to court documents.

"You turn the lights off, you're going to find yourself in a whole world of hurt, girl," Madsen is heard telling her, beginning a verbal exchange between the two that ended with her rejecting a final request to sit down.

Madsen "then enters the room quickly, grabbing the female by the throat and pushing her backwards against the wall," court documents say in describing the video. "He holds her there for approximately 5-7 seconds."

Madsen grabbed the girl with such force that "her hair is momentarily extended due to the rapid movement," according to the documents.

Full story

The girls crime? She was being held as a runaway. A runaway. And she gets choked for trying to sleep in a room. This sounds a lot more like her crime was the so-called contempt of cop rather than anything else. She refused to listen to unreasonable requests to leave the light on.

If it was really that big of a deal or a safety issue to not turn the light off, then why wasn't she moved to a room where there was no switch for her to turn off instead of choking her for not listening?

There is no video though for us to see....for the moment...of the incident. It hasn't been released yet. I will update it when I can find it. At least he was charged instead of having this swept under the table.

Please note..there is no video for this thread. The video was only mentioned in the story because that is what was used by authorities to charge the deputy who did it.

edit on 10-3-2011 by webpirate because: Additional comments

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
WOW! what a sick, sick world we live in today..Can't say i'm surprised much though..
edit on 10-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Typical.
Second line.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This thread is fail without video.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Please note, the deputy was charged.

People assume that this is standard treatment but when these things surface, the officers find themselves on the other side of the fence.

He did the crime and he'll pay the price.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Please note, the deputy was charged.

People assume that this is standard treatment but when these things surface, the officers find themselves on the other side of the fence.

He did the crime and he'll pay the price.

cops are only charged with there crimes half of the time..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

There was no video with it. The title comes from the story in the paper. The video has not been released to the public.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Originally posted by Fitch303

There was no video with it. The title comes from the story in the paper. The video has not been released to the public.

Nor will it ever be released i'm sure..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Probably not. I'm gonna keep hoping for it though. If it is released my guess is it will be edited.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Darn it! They oughta put a really official-looking sign above that light switch that says, "DO NOT TURN OFF!" We did that with one of the light switches at work, and I haven't had to throttle anyone for ages.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Every time i read articles about police brutality or videos I get so pissed off, the thing i always question is how many police brutality cases happen that we don't hear about.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
That's just great, one more thing to piss me off! Look, u got any good news ? Maybe a story about a cop that does something good for a change? You guys are driving me to drink!

new topics

top topics

join