It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Buy Gas on April 15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Has anybody heard of the "Don't buy gas on April 15" boycote thing? A couple of people have talked to me about it and I think it's a great Idea. It won't really hender you from using you vehicule and it's a great way to stick it to The Man
Acording to my friends it would put a 4 billion $ dent in their wallets. Maybe that will entice them to lower the gas prices a little.

What do you think about this? Would you participate and do you think others will? Or would you just sit by the side lines. And if people did participate do you think there would be an impact.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Great idea but done so many times with no impact.

YES, I would def. participate! Some will go for it others won't.

no, i don't think it would impact anything..their pockets are SO deep that even a week without buying gas would still do nothing.

Count me in! I will tell my sisters too.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
According to Terral, u wont need it past the 15th anyway so yeah im in

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Don’t buy gas on the 15th, then buy enough on the 16th to make up for the stuff you didn’t buy on the 15th? Yea, that makes perfect sense……. Not………

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
Has anybody heard of the "Don't buy gas on April 15" boycote thing? A couple of people have talked to me about it and I think it's a great Idea. It won't really hender you from using you vehicule and it's a great way to stick it to The Man
Acording to my friends it would put a 4 billion $ dent in their wallets. Maybe that will entice them to lower the gas prices a little.

What do you think about this? Would you participate and do you think others will? Or would you just sit by the side lines. And if people did participate do you think there would be an impact.

Explain to me how waiting until April 16th (vs April 15th) to purchase your gas is "sticking it to the man?"

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

That's were planning ahead comes in. And even so. I don't buy stuff every day. Even if I did it probably would have been a waste of money anyway.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CayceFan

It's better than sitting on your hands and doing nothing. I'd rather try and find out that it didn't do nothing than not try at all. Or to put it in words our southern folks would understand (southern drawl) Better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.
Just teasing. But you get my point; why not try?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Maybe if a few million daily drivers parked their cars on April 15, and didn't drive them again until May 15 it MIGHT rattle the oil companies a little bit.

As it stand, the whole not buying gas on this one day thing only gives oil execs a fun game to play. They start an office pool on how far above baseline sales April 14 will go. They also take bets on when they will see a slight post April 15 bump in sales. April 16 tends to be the odds on favorite but execs can bet on any day through the 20th.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
Don’t buy gas on the 15th, then buy enough on the 16th to make up for the stuff you didn’t buy on the 15th? Yea, that makes perfect sense……. Not………

i was just going to post something along these lines its stupid the people who would buy the petrol that day would still need to buy it at some point

so yeah pointless

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

But why pointless? People have such a negative view on things. Wouldn't it be a cool experiment? And what if...just what if it did actualy have a positive out come for us no matter how small, would it be worth it? It would be so easy too. Ok, maybe I'm just being an optimist but what's wrong with that? They're stealing from us and laughing all the way to the bank while we sit there and take it. Just give it a try, it's just one day for us,but billions of dollars they won't make interest on for them and who knows it might help.
edit on 10-3-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think not buying any cigarettes, cokes, coffee, candy, chips, hot dogs etc would be the way to hurt them. You can get that stuff cheaper at other places. Except do it everyday!

edit on 10-3-2011 by SavannahJane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
So, should I spend 40 dollars and fill my tank up on the 14th instead?

Seriously this does nothing. These people will laugh and say "oh well I guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow when they go back to work"

And to top it off, gas stations are not the reason the prices are so high. If you wanna make an impact contact the head honchos who are importing these barrells, or beg Obama to open the reserves. I can't wait until some scientist discovers a cleaner fuel and oil's importance goes way downhill. The world is obviously not going to conjoin and work for a common goal anytime soon. I say the U.S. says forget it, closes off any participation with any foreign nations and focuses educating our citizens, and bettering ourselves. That way when we do discover an alternate fuel everyone suddenly wants to be our best friend.

top topics

join