It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama accepts a Nuclear Iran - radical change of policy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

During the four days between Thursday March 4 and Monday March 7, the Obama administration switched its Iran policy. As rocketing oil prices triggered by the Arab Revolt wiped out the damage caused the Iranian economy by sanctions, Washington confirmed the worst Saudi and Israeli suspicions that America had no intention of acting to stop the Islamic Republic attaining nuclear weapons, although it held Israel back from doing so when it was more feasible.
This discovery has dealt America's allies in Riyadh and Jerusalem their second letdown in three months, on the heels of White House encouragement of the uprisings against a select number of Arab rulers.

debka.com...

well I have to say my jaw dropped open
and stuck there for a while after reading
this article.

Can somebody please tell me what did they
do with the old Obama ???

Is this a clone ??? or a clown ???

And why the sudden change of policy ??

It would appear that Obama just told Israel and Saudi Arabia
to kiss his @r$e or am I reading this wrong ???

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

heh very interesting i am going to have to look into this more , good find OP S+F

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Of course Obama accepts it, he's the first neutered president we've ever had. He gets punked by everyone, and no one takes him seriously anymore. After his intial apology tour when he was first elected, he's pretty much been in the toilet with foriegn affairs, he has no idea what he's doing, as a result, this is what we get.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Washington confirmed the worst Saudi and Israeli suspicions that America had no intention of acting to stop the Islamic Republic attaining nuclear weapons,

busted. Not only would they not allow this, Iran isn't trying to build weapons and has gone to great lengths to prove this. They are enriching uranium to 20%, for fuel and isotope use. You need 98% enriched uranium to build a bomb, and Iran simply doesn't have the ability to do this. Iran signed the NPT and has every right to run a peaceful nuclear power program.

Slyly changing that to nuclear weapons program in the report isn't gonna work on me.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Good! About time!

I'm sick of this country telling others whether they can or cannot have nukes, while we have thousands of our own. Doesn't get any more hypocritical then that.

Do I want a nuclear armed Iran? Probably not. But I don't want a nulcear armed Israel either, and we've all seen how that has played out. Hell, I don't want america to have nukes, but if one country has them, then all should have the option.

Don't go around telling others how dangerous guns are, and they aren't allowed to have any, while you have stockpiled an arsenal in your garage.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Wednesday, March 9, the chief US envoy Glyn Davies reported to the nuclear watchdog's board in Vienna that Iran may be continuing secret work on developing nuclear weapons. In the course of an argument with the Iranian delegate Ali Asghar Soltanieh, Davies warned of "increasingly apparently military dimensions to Iran's nuclear program, including efforts by Iran to develop a nuclear warhead."
"Iran continues to act very much like a state with something to hide," he told the board.
But not any longer, says DEBKAfile.

I find it hard to believe that this would come up in an article without actually citing the source...

I smell a rat in this one.

Yediot Achronot investigative reporter Ronen Bergman states that the site relies on information from sources with an agenda, such as neo-conservative elements of the US Republican Party, "whose worldview is that the situation is bad and is only going to get worse," and that Israeli intelligence officials do not consider even 10 percent of the site's content to be reliable.[1] Cornell Law professor Michael C. Dorf calls Debka his "favorite alarmist Israeli website trading in rumors."[4]

Source

I'd suggest looking a bit further and seeing if there's another site claiming this to be true.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreedOf course Obama accepts it, he's the first neutered president we've ever had. He gets punked by everyone, and no one takes him seriously anymore.

I take this quite seriously. Are we actually going to avoid going into a third war in the region? Are the chances brighter that some of my friends and family are going to come home from the service eventually and not get shipped off to fight Iran? And are we actually going to stop for one second and decide that we can not play world police?

After his intial apology tour when he was first elected, he's pretty much been in the toilet with foriegn affairs, he has no idea what he's doing, as a result, this is what we get.

The number one thing we should be doing around the world is apologizing for many actions we've undertaken. Other countries should be doing the same, of course, but our meddling as the world's superpower has left us broke, poorly educated, and pumping oil into our veins like a junkie in a side alley of New York City. Much like many of the countries we spoiled along the way to get there.

Israel and Saudi Arabia need to handle their own affairs, not waste my tax dollars nor my fellow countrymen on their problems.

If its even true.
edit on 3/10/11 by niteboy82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What Obama did was make all these promises to the people and now he just can't keep up anymore.
Last time I saw him on t.v. he looked pretty tired compared to the energetic guy he was just before he was elected president.

Seems like these revolts were a blessing in disguise for the Iranians. Always wondered if these uprisings weren't engineered by some group/country. Some say it was America, but I wonder.... what if it wasn't the Iranians?

As for bailing on your allies... well America is in a tight spot. Can't always stick up for Israel. They're more than capable of handling their own problems.

Another war in the Middle East will surely be the killing blow to America.

Either way, this is very interesting news. Thanks for sharing

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hi Boon , this conflicts with the report that Obama called Iran an unique and unusual threat to America and extended emergency sanctions last Wednesday.www.presstv.ir...
edit on 10-3-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: Adittional text

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

As Mac would say, "You can't be serious." Iran has a religious jealot of a leader(not the bearded short man seen often smiling for the cameras) of the most fatalistic religion on earth today. And when was the last time you heard our leadership threatening to obliterate a entire people, and country, from the face of this planet. Furthermore, old ammi baby feels he has to pave the way for the coming 12th imam, and if I understand it correctly, Isreal's existence would be a total islamic failure. Now if that is not motive enough for a nuke.........

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'll be waiting for additional sources before I believe in an actual change in U.S. policy.

My confusion lies with considering Saudi Arabia and Israel allies.

We know that they enjoy great benefits form American tax dollars, but there does not seem to be any sort of quid pro quo. I mean, what have they ever done for the U.S. to be considered allies?

Yes, Saudi Arabia is a supplier of oil, but they do not give it away, in fact, they make a very handsome sum of money selling it to the U.S. As for Israel, I'm not quite sure what they have provided to the U.S. in exchange for this "allied" status.

Seems like "friends" who never buy when it is their round, sleep on your couch, mooch all your food and leave the next morning without saying thanks or helping with the dishes.

the Billmeister

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
i have to go with the others and call BS on this until i see something from a reputable source.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Debka is not a totally reliable source.

That said, the Obama administration has no choice but to accept a nuclear Iran.

Publicly, and privately continuing covert efforts to disrupt and damage their nuclear programs, as well as a covert effort to destabilize the Iranian populous, instigate, inspire and incite violent revolts.

Straight forward military confrontation isn't going to happen, unless the Iranians initiate hostilities with either Israel, the west, or both, and one should not rule out a desperate covert move by Mossad to stage hostilities etc that can be blamed on Iran and used as a pretext for war.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

If the story is true (the source is Debka), it shows that Obama actually has a huge set. Takes courage to stand up and say, "We are not the world's police."

No fan of Obama, but I applaud him if the story is true.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Maybe someone in the whitehouse
Showed him the real documents
on what happened in sep 2001?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

notes that all past references to the US nuclear shield for Europe referred to Iranian ballistic missiles – never a nuclear threat.

The usa has over 40,000 nukes around the world, what’s the point in why Iran cant have 1 or 2 nukes to protect there self against a regime that has already dropped the first 2 nukes in human history, and who the hell cares if Israel gets hit any way, its not the usa, so why worry about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I was reading "How the End Begins" today. Just came out this week I think and in the final chapter the author seems to make the case that all of Obamas anti-nuke talk was doublespeak and that in action as in the new start treaty and some other things he's signed onto Obama may actually be paving the way for a massive global nuke build up.

Whether he's doing it intentionally or unwittingly the author doesn't get into but either way this administration is going to best case leave all the nukes as they have been or worst case build them up across the globe and put more fingers on the triggers.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Here is my take on this "news"...

Boon, first let me say I dont discredit the article, or Debka, and certainly not you.

I think there is more than meets the eye here...think Stuxnet.

Stuxnet has done "the job" so there were no "real" worries about a Nuclear Iran.

Obama can say whatever presidents say....there are so many levels above him...

As he has said all along..."thats above my pay grade".

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

There is that matter of a certain missiles shield deployment held over from the previous administration.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Debka's kind of the Israeli Pravda. Have alternate confirming sources?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join