It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else feel apathetic and disconnected this month?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Great insight in this thread. I have been feeling it more and more these days too.

In fact, I wrote a story here on ATS about it recently because I felt so strongly about it.

I think many here would relate to what I wrote, your response will be greatly appreciated.

A Plea for Help.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I went into an intense meditation cycle recently, and lapsed into a pile of wanting to sleep all the time, even though I have projects I want to do.
I tend to use sleep alot especially when something really intense happens in the world, like the Japan earthquake and nuke crisis.
I also went into a period of intense headaches the last few years. I have also had the forgetfulness thing too, which didnt help me any when I went back to school. Oh yes and ringing of the ears since my 20s.

www.sacred-texts.com...
edit on 15-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The symptoms you listed depict classic depression.

I feel the same, but I blame it on the weather where I live. I haven't seen a sunny sky in weeks now.
edit on 17-3-2011 by cassp83 because: can't spell

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Since March started, I've felt a sense of disconnect and pretty apathetic. I still go through the motions, but the world just seems boring to me. Even with all the upheaval and stuff in the middle east going on, it's just boring. But i've had very vivid dreams and the strange thing is that i feel more alive in my dreams than i do in every day life.

It could just be me, but i thought i'd post it here to see what you all thought.

Woow and I really thought I am going crazy !!! I feel like this since beginning of 2010 I feel great just to realize I am not the only one . I believe that something is going on at the spiritual and energetic level I can feel it but I do not understand it I wish I could . I honestly believe that meditation would help I am trying my best and I recommend everyone to try it .

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

Meditation does help significantly. I noticed you sent your message at 11:11 EST. Another synchronicity?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I would have to disagree, the world as always been a corrupt system, it is not something that has recently developed. Life is by nature competitive, thus with any success, there will always be someone who loses out.

This is why I don't believe in any change for the better in the future. As long as the human race (although I don't actually think it's limited to our species) exists, there can be no balance.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I definitely identify with this. I have been going through a severe depressive phase in the past few weeks, becoming very acute in the last few days. My idle fantasies have turned to horrible scenes of unspeakable crimes - crimes against me and those I care about, crimes against my relationship with them, etc. All I can think about is literally tearing the imaginary culprits of these imaginary crimes to pieces with tooth and nail. I don't know why I have these miserable thoughts. They creep in and won't go away. Once or twice I got something positive, but the positive thoughts are being drowned out by their negative image.

I wrote my own thread about this, it seems that everyone is doing that! I won't plug it, but you can find it in my profile.

I feel like my creative powers have been limited. My body is full of aches, I can't sleep comfortably anymore. I feel trapped in my own mind, in repetitive thoughts. It makes me want to die, but at the same time, I really just want to live, to really live, and I can't wait for this misery to go away!

Last winter did this to me, too, I think. Winter is awful. When I was a kid it was great, but it seems that its been getting more and more severe every year, more and more intolerable.

I am very very tired, at all times.

seconded

Sigh, my shaman buddies are so far away, I really wish I could spend some therapeutic time with them. SADFACE.

seconded, this describes me exactly!

I've been having tooth-aches, the kind that penetrate the skull and are felt behind the eyes, for the past few months. My teeth are fine, it's the sort of pain that I usually feel from over-exertion. But, I'm not exerting? And, for some reason, the bags under my eyes are deepening, darkening, and acquiring red spots. Too much internet and late night browsing!

Bahh, this is reassuring, to know that I am not alone, but distressing to have it confirmed as a real psychic (mental) phenomenon. At least I feel anxious-energized instead of anxious-depressive, right at this moment. Thanks, ATS!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

So I dig what you're saying, and it's kinda funny cause I've been obsessing with this quote all week.. So i thought I'd share..
"Even extreme grief may ultimately vent itself in violence—but more generally takes the form of apathy."-Conrad

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
it feels to me like ive just lost interest in the world around me the energy is dying and just isn't sustainable. its more than just that its as if my own energy is leaving me too recently it feel as if im being pulled away from reality, visual and audible distortions are becoming more common.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think everyone goes through patches of apathy, disenchantment and general boredom with life ... I'm in one of those phases as we speak!

I just wanted to let you know that it effects everyone, regardless of where they are in life; I'm one of those lucky people who pretty much has it all.

I run a very successful company, drive a supercar, don't have any financial troubles at all, have a stunning fiance, and a perfect life - but I feel apathetic most of the time, and want to leave it all to find adventure and excitement.

The life unexamined is a wasted life - spend these moments addressing why you are feeling apathetic, and explore options of change until it kindles a fire in your soul. Then seize that change and ride the wave

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
In a nutshell, a strong feeling of just living and nothing else.

Its like am more animal than human at the moment because am really mentally concerned and focus on eating, drinking and sleeping, basically just instinctual things.

My interest or my falso ego/mindset for living/coping in society is fading quickly lately.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join