It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd like to be converted. Can you help answer my questions?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerouslyInformed
Wow, kid, I respect your curiosity and tenacit. I think, though, that you might be examining the doctrines of man too closely. Its good to question tradition and interpretation, that helps you find the truth and form your own opinions about it. But first you have to know the basis of your belifs. Step out of the relugions yuour examiig for a moment and consider God. He is in everything we see and touch, every tear we shed and emtion we feel. Think back to a time when you thought you could feel God, go back there. Then just speak, the way you would to a close friend. Tell him your concerns, ofer him your theories. I promise you on my life that he will listen and.find a way to respind. Your religious belies should be based on your relationship with The Father, not one what abtract tells you

Dont worry.. I'll examine them with a fine tooth comb every time. Someone has to do it and Id rather you be free to enjoy the spoils of the truths you can find

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RapturedNotBeamed
reply to post by Brianegan

but we are not held accountable for our sins because we accepted Jesus' sacrifice. You can have that too if you want it.
(snip)..... Sin, no matter if it is murder or a white lie, separates you from God. This is the whole reason that Jesus did what He did. He bridged that gap.

see theres one of the places it all falls apart for me, i choose to jump into the pit to fall down the abyss, not only to save myself, but rather to save others as well, i accept my sins and dont wish to pass them off to someone else.. even jesus.
As we are all sons of god, we all have the power to bridge the gap.. thats my belief after years of searching for a path,
i just said "you know what, i think its just going to be easier to carve my own road up the mountain",
and as the best place to start is at the bottom, so i just jumped on in, bring o the fall.
why are people so afraid to jump into the pit they dug themselves, why do they expect a Saviour?, it reminds me of the scene in empire strikes back where luke goes to the cave with yoda, and yoda says he musst go in alone, and that weapons wont help.. and what does he find in there? himself as his father.. hmmm so does that say in the abyss we find the power to free ourselves from the dark, by realizing it is just ourselves..
So in summary, we all stand at the bottom of the mountain, there are many ways to the top.. some are long and easy as the twist their way to the top, others cut though the jungle on the steepest route, shorter, but harder.
some require you to start off alone, others have many people on the roadside, all with booths and stalls trying to sell you a tshirt on the way.. its your choice, the road to take, there isnt a right or wrong way, theres just different ways.
all is right,it dosnt matter which way you go to get there, the only thing that wont help you i sitting at the bottom feeling sorry for yourself.
that and people on the road ahead and behind, who want to drag you out of the way, because they think its a race for a prized cup, a grail if you will...
but i say make your own prize, fill and drink from your own cup, as im sure that the winds of time has tarnished the old one, and tainted the waters with in...
peace and journey well..

edit on 17-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: spelling

edit on 17-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Thankyou for those words.
Was just in need of a shot of love and wisdom.
Being a little sad of looking at people turning their back,
refusing to see their own amazingness.
You truly are amazing.
I will put your inspiring words in the Epiphany Corner
For other to be inspired.
Thankyou for touching my heart

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

I read this everytime I get down. It's from The Urantia Book ( www.urantia.org... ), paper 3.

The uncertainties of life and the vicissitudes of existence do not in any manner contradict the concept of the universal sovereignty of God. All evolutionary creature life is beset by certain inevitabilities. Consider the following:

Is courage — strength of character — desirable? Then must man be reared in an environment which necessitates grappling with hardships and reacting to disappointments.

Is altruism — service of one’s fellows — desirable? Then must life experience provide for encountering situations of social inequality.

Is hope — the grandeur of trust — desirable? Then human existence must constantly be confronted with insecurities and recurrent uncertainties.

Is faith — the supreme assertion of human thought — desirable? Then must the mind of man find itself in that troublesome predicament where it ever knows less than it can believe.

Is the love of truth and the willingness to go wherever it leads, desirable? Then must man grow up in a world where error is present and falsehood always possible.

Is idealism — the approaching concept of the divine — desirable? Then must man struggle in an environment of relative goodness and beauty, surroundings stimulative of the irrepressible reach for better things.

Is loyalty — devotion to highest duty — desirable? Then must man carry on amid the possibilities of betrayal and desertion. The valor of devotion to duty consists in the implied danger of default.

Is unselfishness — the spirit of self-forgetfulness — desirable? Then must mortal man live face to face with the incessant clamoring of an inescapable self for recognition and honor. Man could not dynamically choose the divine life if there were no self-life to forsake. Man could never lay saving hold on righteousness if there were no potential evil to exalt and differentiate the good by contrast.

Is pleasure — the satisfaction of happiness — desirable? Then must man live in a world where the alternative of pain and the likelihood of suffering are ever-present experiential possibilities.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UB2120

Thankyou my friend

Will look into that

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

No problem, my pleasure.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by UB2120

i agree thank you......That was very nice of you to do and it is very much appreciated......

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join