It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi police open fire at protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Saudi police open fire at protest

www.washingtonpost.com

CAIRO -- Saudi police have opened fire at a rally in the kingdom's east in an apparent escalation of efforts to stop planned protests.

Government officials have warned they will take strong action if activists take to the streets after increasing calls for large protests around the oil-rich kingdom to press for democratic reforms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
And it begins.

Prepare for 200$+ a barrel before this is over.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see terrorist attacks on Saudi oil installations.

Now the big question is ... will a big power (US-China) involves itself in the matter if the Saudi government is about to fall/falls?

If Saudi Arabia goes boom, our economies are basically screwed... not to mention... Al-CIAda ideology comes from Saudi Arabia.

www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Seen this coming, I know Iran told the "kindom" not to fire on the protesters. I wounder if Iran will not get involved as well. two large oil makers going at it WW3 style. The S*** is getting closer to the Fan

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
They will crack down on these protest showing no restraint at all! It Will be very bloody and the US will be forced
to sit by idle and watch. The Saudis.have the US by the balls, because of the oil and, I do not think this revolution will be a successful one, far from it. . just my opinion
edit on 10-3-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Now the big question is ... will a big power (US-China) involves itself in the matter if the Saudi government is about to fall/falls?

www.washingtonpost.com

The US will be involved. No way it can't be - Saudi Arabia is maybe the most vital energy resource on the planet for America.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
They will crack down on these protest showing no restraint at all! It Will be very bloody and the US will be forced
to sit by idle and watch. The Saudis.have the US by the balls, because of the oil and, I do not think this revolution will be a successful one, far from it. . just my opinion

^^ Nah.

All part of the Middle East Double Cross. Believe it or not, JSUT as Lindsey Williams said last year.
We will start to use U.S oil reserves and buy from from us here in Canada, since we have the 2nd largest reserves everywhere.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

So how long would it take Canada to get into full production to meet any shortfall?
and is there enough oil elsewhere to bridge the gap in the meanwhile?

I have to admit to being gob smacked to learn that the UK is in the top suppliers of crude to the US.. the whole thing make no sense to me, and seems more like a scam.

edit on 10/3/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
Why will the US sit by? Care to explain?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We should just take over that S*** hole, put in a few walmarts, call it good and start taking the oil for ourself

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

If the US were to get involved, Saudi Arabia could shut off the oil. That would be disastrous to the US, so the US will probably not get involved.

link   
What you will find coming from the US regarding Saudi brutality is mostly silence, little or no condemnation.

Duplicity like that is dangerous... You can't incite people to revolt and demand democracy in select places while offering support, and remain silent when the above is happening in others without revealing your ultimate objectives.

It is no wonder why so much of the Arab world is full of hatred for the USA.

The last time the US economy collapsed and took much of the world with it, it enabled Adolf Hitler's rise to power.

The evil monster the USA is creating this time will be far worse.

Prepare, the war of wars is coming... A war of lies, failed covert missions, and millions upon millions of angry people who have finally awakened to the fact of their pure strength in numbers, hate anger and pure rage, driven by economic decline, oppressive regimes and failed domestic policies.

World War III will be YOU against them.

There is one nation among nations seeking supremacy, waiting for the right time to strike...

link   

Originally posted by hp1229

cuz Russia says that US intervention in Libya
or Saudi is unacceptable.

uk.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Actually Canada is the most vital energy source for America. It provides almost double the oil for the US than all of the Persian Gulf states combined.

Mexico and Canada together provide almost as much oil to the US as all of OPEC.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Saudi is sort of like the islamic china of the middle east IMO,
Its hand in glove with the USA/west,but openly hates it at the same time.
Saudi will kill however many citizens as it takes to keep the status quo,like china.
And they have a shed load more knowledge and practical experience when it comes to putting down dissent and keeping foriegn media at bay than the likes of Egypt and Libya combined.

I would be surprised if Saudi goes the way of Egypt,very surprised indeed,
More likely a clandestine bloody purge will take place,away from the eyes of the media IMO.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
To say this isn't a surprise would be an understatement.

Saudi Arabia is hardly a beacon of freedom in the Middle East... A democratic reform movement is long, long overdue...

As for oil? Who cares, I certainly don't. My car can sit, I'll pay a bit more, ok a lot more, for my fruit and veggies, and assorted other necessities, all the while cheering on those demonstrators willing to stand up to their tyrannical govts.

...and if Canada wants to help make up what ever short fall may exist? More power to 'em.

To those in the Middle East wanting change? You've my prayers, and my hopes for success... I've grown excessively tired of the lip service support these people receive from us, until it begins to effect us in the pocket book, or the gas tank.

No, I'm not advocating going to war for them. It's their lives, and their countries. That means it's their task to do. Moral support is all I can give them.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
If the US were to get involved, Saudi Arabia could shut off the oil. That would be disastrous to the US, so the US will probably not get involved.

Wrong.

US not buying any oil would be disastrous for Saudia Arabia. LOL. To set up all knew contracts and shipping lands for Europe would almost bankrupt their country.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by octotom

Wrong.

US not buying any oil would be disastrous for Saudia Arabia. LOL. To set up all knew contracts and shipping lands for Europe would almost bankrupt their country.

That is the line I was thinking earlier when I posted the question as per why will the US sit by and not do anything. There is more to it then just the fear of losing a supplier or Russia's comments on US intervention.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It is indeed sad when the armed forces be it police or military open fires upon their own citizens. They too are fellow citizens, who shares common aspirations in life.

Protests are widespread around the world, or soon to be, but each nation is very much different from one to another. Tunisia is not Egypt, Egypt is not Libya, Libya is not Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia is not Iran, etc, etc, for each have its own traditions, heritage and ancient culture of several centuries.

And thus, no country that faces the issue of civil disobidences similarly.

The highly regarded ATS member Vitchilo had reminded me on another thread of whom the SA rulers are. They are from the Islamic sect of Wahabbi Sect, considered the most extreme of all Sunni Islam, whereby Democracy is denouced in the same vein as Mao's belief that religion is the opiate of the masses.

It is already a great concession on the Monarch of SA to even consider listening to reforms and implement better social expenditure for his masses, because being a Wahabbi ruler, he hailed from 2 centuries of indoctrination by his family, and such reforms is not going to work on him overnight and anyone who believes so will face a hail of bullets instead, unnecessary loss of lives as he is indeed genuinely prepared to listen unlike other beastly leaders.

The evidence of his sincerity lays in his help to other nations facing oil shortage. Let us give credit where credit is due. For decades, the monarch had helped stabilised oil prices whenever necessary, so that the common man may have a few more dollars to spend elsewhere rather than just on oil when Iran and other OPEC members were pushing to kill humanity with high prices to spend on armaments to protect their power.

Secondly, reform indeed had long been overdue in SA, but that failure lays in the people whom had not been able to convince convincingly the need for it, espacially the moderate muslims, whom even though intelligent, they forsaked their roots and sought to protect their own wealth at the expense of the poor masses.

Today, the masses had risen, to let the ruler know the truth of their suffering, and he had heard, even though just recovered from a major illness and is willing to listen, provided respect is given, after all, he still is the legitimate ruler accepted by all, unlike other ME states that seized power by might or fraud by the ballot box.

There are still many issues that the monarch are not aware of, but are done by bootlicking hirelings, for the monarch is in recovery stages and will be allowed to recuperate without distressing issues that may upset his medical rehabilitation programme, and some of the underling bootlickers over enthusiasm may had resulted in loss of lives.

For that, those responsible, espaciallly over imprisonment, torture and murder MUST be held accountable, regardless of the state of health of the monarch. The monarch is responsible for leadership, and it takes wisdom and moral authority to lead, or only chaos will reign.

Saudi Arabia is not Libay. I plead that that the new generation give the monarch some time to comprehend the reform issue. Milllions may had suffered over the centuries, but it is no hardship to give the leadership some time. They are Wahabbis after all, and it takes time to reconcile to realities. It's still not too late if after some time, just a couple of months for the monarch to show and prove his genuity and sincerity to reforms and leadership. There is enough wealth for all if it is equally shared.

And may the ruler or his over enthusiatic minions, see the light of justice, and give everyone a fair trial for their crimes or alledge crimes, in accordance to secular laws and not theocratic laws that were meant for a far different century, a time when the good prophet Mohammad, blessed be his name, faced far more intractable and dangerous enemies to mankind than what the ME rulers faced today.

Let there be no more unnecessary bloodshed with the wise choice of our freewill. SA is not Iran or Syria or China or Russia,etc, etc, where a whole lot of bloodletting will happened as their rulers have blocked ears.

edit on 11-3-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

join