It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the National Anthem and US Constitution mean to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
As I stand at a US sporting event last night I take a moment to observe people during the National Anthem. I see people not paying attention, drinking beer, sitting, not facing the flag, eating and not many putting their hands over their heart.

...you have issues with people being free to choose whether or not they participate...

Do they appriciate all that died, their bravery and sacrifices to bring this country freedom?

...do you?... doesnt look that way, since you're wanting to limit people's freedom to choose whether or not they participate in the national anthem... .

For those that don't know.... When National Anthem plays you should be standing tall and straight, you should be facing the flag with either your hand over your heart or hands crossed behind your back and you should be silent.

...you're NOT promoting freedom...

For this is not just a song it is a tribute, a memorial and a thank you to all that made this country great. It is for my great grandfather that served in World War II, my grandfather that served in Viet Nam,

...see it however you want... i'll see it how i want... thats freedom...

I see the American choosing ignorance over freedom,

...but you dont see that in yourself and its clearly there...

<< 1   >>

join