It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude-6.2 quake near Indonesia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Magnitude-6.2 quake near Indonesia

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK – A magnitude-6.2 earthquake struck off Indonesia and East Timor early on Friday morning, the U.S. Geological Survey reported. No tsunami alert was issued.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
The 1:08 a.m. Friday (1708 GMT Thursday) quake was offshore but shallow, just 6/10 mile (1 kilometer) deep, the USGS said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-3-2011 by ringht_n_wrong because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2011 by ringht_n_wrong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Another big one!!! WOW just WOW...is the earth shaking or what?
I really don't know what to say but to just sit down and wait for the next one to hit and hope it's no where near where I live...
This one just hit now and according to the report so far there hasn't been any confirmed reports of damage or injuries...Hope it keeps like that!!!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Earthquakes happen every day all the time, it is just that we don't have major cities on every square inch of the globe

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

Well, I'm glad we don't! But for sure these earthquakes have been hitting much more frequently lately! If you been following the Quake Watch 2011 thread you'd know what I'm talking about!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

yes
and the same in 2010,2009 and 2008.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its okay this is not your fault,this mindset of things are getting worse and worse is just the product of too much television and brainwashing by the media.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Indonesia is the most populated muslim country in the world .. and the most active in earthquakes .. things that make you gooo hhhhmmmmm ..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Its okay this is not your fault,this mindset of things are getting worse and worse is just the product of too much television and brainwashing by the media.

Now thats funny....but I really don't get my daily dose of news from TV...I get it from the net mainly and from ATS too
...might not be the end of the world but it sure is the end for whoever is affected by these....and that is why I'm hoping it doesn't come anywhere near where I live!

Best regards....

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrong

Now thats funny....but I really don't get my daily dose of news from TV...I get it from the net mainly and from ATS too
...might not be the end of the world but it sure is the end for whoever is affected by these....and that is why I'm hoping it doesn't come anywhere near where I live!

Best regards....

TV news, Net News and ATS news are all the same thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Folks the area around Indonesia's southern territory is a well known active fault.
Its got zero to do with it having loads of muslims,and everything to do with it being on a known active fault line.

www.andaman.org...
I feel damned sorry for folks in that region,because if it is they who suffer a major quake they will lose much more than a built up wealthy counry-most of indonesias towns and villages are made of shoddy concrete and wood.

Seems the Earth is getting twitchy thou,and we may see something big soon somewhere.
We have the supermoon on the 19th remember.

edit on 10/3/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk

Earthquakes happen every day all the time, it is just that we don't have major cities on every square inch of the globe

I bet tsunamis happen all the time too right??? And 8.9 earthquakes also...its quite normal, and they don't usually happen near major cities right?....you're probably bitting your tongue right now......just don't take a huge chuck off of it

new topics

top topics

join