It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing from Social Security to Pay for Wars and Bailouts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Stealing from Social Security to Pay for Wars and Bailouts

www.infowars.com

The American Empire is failing. A number of its puppet rulers are being overthrown by popular protests, and the almighty dollar will not even buy one Swiss franc, one Canadian dollar, or one Australian dollar. Despite the sovereign debt problem that threatens EU members Greece, Ireland, Spain, and Portugal, it requires $1.38 dollars to buy one euro, a new currency that was issued at parity with the US dollar.
The US dollar’s value is likely to fall further in terms of other currencies, because
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The cost of these wars is enormous. The US media, being good servants for the government, only reports the out-of-pocket or current cost of the wars, which is only about one-third of the real cost. The current cost leaves out the cost of life-long care for the wounded and maimed, the cost of life-long military pensions of those who fought in the wars, the replacement costs of the destroyed equipment, the opportunity cost of the resources wasted in war, and other costs. The true cost of America’s illegal Iraq invasion, which was based entirely on lies, fabrications and deceptions, is at least $3,000 billion according to economist Joseph Stiglitz and budget expert Linda Bilmes.
The government of the United States does not represent the American people. It represents the oligarchs. The way campaign finance and elections are structured, the American people cannot take back their government by voting. A once proud and free people have been reduced to serfdom.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I find it a bit funny..That the first thing they attacked over the budget deficit was social security, and retirement benefits..What doe's this say about us as a country? better yet what does this say about us as people?..Because it gives me the impression of this..We screwed up..Lets take it out on the elderly, and ill..
good post S&F

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It is sad, but nothing new.

It all began in the 1950's when Ike borrowed some money from the SS Trust Fund to build the Interstate Highway System.

No, it was never 'paid back'.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You cant steal from SS because there is nothing in SS but IOU's FROM you TO you.70 yrs of SS DEBT
SS is broke except to those that lie that it's not. You will never see a penny of your money if youre not getting it now, and in any respect it's lost 75% of it value from 40 yr ago. AND you are gonna pay tax on it as income as sales tax. The smart money is on collecting deposit cans and bottles.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
I find it a bit funny..That the first thing they attacked over the budget deficit was social security, and retirement benefits..What doe's this say about us as a country? better yet what does this say about us as people?..Because it gives me the impression of this..We screwed up..Lets take it out on the elderly, and ill..
good post S&F

What it says is "hey, that big scam a while back where the gubbamint told you you were all too stupid to save 20% of your income week after week so you should let them go ahead and do (under penalty of law by the way) for you didnt exactly work out so well."

They treated social security the way a alcoholic landlord with a gambling addiction treats your first months deposit.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
3 trillion over 10 years the war cost. how about Obama spending 4.5 trillion in almost 3 years.

edit on 10-3-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I never thought I would live to see the day of the ruination of this country with the alarming number of interventionists.

top topics

join