It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which do you think is bigger proof that

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
aliens have visited us?

� the 1947 roswell incident

� or when spaceships hovered over washington d.c in 1952

i know there are probably much more events you guys can think of, so if you do, jot it down.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i think the ufo over d.c....it was in plain view for anyone to see....and what did the government say about this event

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
ufocasebook.com...

here one of a bunch of sites that talk about it, but the first night they claimed it some kind of gas cloud or something i cant remember, but the next night they never sent out a press memo.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whos_out_there
which do you think is bigger proof that aliens have visited us?

Well I consider neither incidents 'proof'...but if I had to choose

� the 1947 roswell incident

The 1940's, in New Mexico, was _the_ place on earth where rockets and rocket experiments were being flown. Everything from captured V2s to Viking rockets. So for me Roswell isn't all it's cracked up to be.

� or when spaceships hovered over washington d.c in 1952

Well there were ufo's, don't know if they were 'spaceships', but they sure were ufo's. So my vote goes to DC

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
My favorite cases are the 1965 Edwards AFB and 1980 Rendlesham Forest/Bentwaters AFB/Woodbridge AFB incidents. Both are documented events and have had living witnesses speak out on what took place. I've never read a debunking of the 1965 event, although very weak claims of a lighthouse being the cause of the 1980 Rendlesham Forest event have been made.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
the real problem with ufo's is just that, they are unidentified flying objects-not necessarly from another planet. We all know the the US gov has used ufo's as a cover for it's secret craft that it flies, so even something that was seen by many p[eople, could still be from theis planet.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
MY OWN SITUATION! I live The X-Files EVERY DAY. I have to be READY if and when DISCLOSURE comes. I was just interviewed by phone for a documentary for ABC a couple weeks ago. I have no idea IF or when it will be shown.
My life is very unsettled because of all this. See MINDBOGGLER
members.tripod.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I say the DC incident in 52, cause everyone could see that. I'm also a big fan of Rendlesham, as heelstone mentioned, because of the conflicting stories that are still problems to this day, and the reports of people having their story changed for them via government people.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imzadi
MY OWN SITUATION! I live The X-Files EVERY DAY. I have to be READY if and when DISCLOSURE comes. I was just interviewed by phone for a documentary for ABC a couple weeks ago. I have no idea IF or when it will be shown.
My life is very unsettled because of all this. See MINDBOGGLER
members.tripod.com...

You poor woman, are you still claiming to be an alien? You really need to seek some psychological help.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
very interesting, the Rendlesham incident is a good one also, id put that one up there also with the rest.

but i think even though roswell created much more news, i think the d.c. event is much more significant, cause it shows how vulnerable we are to them,

and someone wrote something about alot of sightings being government experiments, i just cant see that cause by now im sure they would have intergrated it into our society already i would think. but if they can hid the anti-ebe from us then i wont be surprised

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I would definitely have to go with Roswell, though Rendlesham is better as a modern case, so more can be followed up on. Roswell though, is what started it all, despite not being very well known till just the past couple decades...

Roswell because:

1. The US govt itself admitted it was a crashed disc, even released it to the papers (but then retracted it). This is saying ALOT.

2. Numerous witnesses, all in a position to know, and many highly placed military (even more impressive given that Roswell was not a dirt post, it was one of the most high security ones, as the only base with an atomic bomber wing at the time).

3. The similarities in the accounts.

4. Numerous deathbed confessions.

5. The Air Force's laughable coverup, the lie wasn't even plausible (*cough* Mogul *cough*)

6. The events that followed, the establishment of the CIA, projects Sign and Grudge, even Blue Book (the debunking project). Not to mention the setup of MAJIC (or whatever it calls itself these days)...

7. The Ramey memo.

8. Numerous documents related to it, many of which have held up to scrutiny. While some are fakes, there are plenty which still hold up.

9. The government's own admission of missing documents related to the case.

10. Roswell beats the other case in the sheer volume of evidence, from testimony, to documents, to descriptions of the debris, etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
For me it would have to be the time when the huge spaceship came down and we communicated with it thru those blinking lights and the keyboard. Then they opened the door and all those abducted people came out. That was awsome!

Oh wait, that was discredited though...I forgot...Well, I'd have to go with Roswell then cause I haven't seen a movie about the spaceships over Washington yet.

[edit on 20-7-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If I have to choose I�ll go with Roswell, but I had my own UFO experience, and I can tell you, it is quite shocking when it happens to you.

I don�t need any more evidence that we are not alone...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin
If I have to choose I�ll go with Roswell, but I had my own UFO experience, and I can tell you, it is quite shocking when it happens to you.

I don�t need any more evidence that we are not alone...

I'm going with D.C. as being the one that I think scared the "#@$@" out of the US govt. and made them start shushing things up. But Roswell or any of the other crash/landing encounters really are the only encounters that will provide physical proof. To me the best way to find a UFO is to look near nuclear facilities...those aliens just love checking them out.

Pernemlin: Where did you see your UFO(s) at?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
some of the daytime video footage I saw is nice, still nothing more than fast moving specs, but still at least it was daytime.

What's your opinions on the florida case?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I don't have to see pictures or videos or read accounts to believe that people witness UFO's. I simply won't make my mind up on whether those UFO's are extraterrestrial until I have more evidence.

new topics

top topics

join