It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incoherent speech.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I cannot stand it when people don't put any thought into what they are saying or posting. It is sad that more and more people don't really understand their own native languages as well as they should. In general, people's vocabularies seem to be shrinking. WHY???? WTF is wrong??

I hate it when people don't really understand what I am trying to say and I am speaking the same language that they are speaking. I know it isn't my fault. People standing right next to them will understand me but for some reason, that person cannot or will not understand. I just want everyone to be able to understand. Why won't they listen? Do they know how to listen? Are they really just that dumb? Help me understand. I don't want to be angry... you won't like me when I am angry.

I guess it isn't thei... no what am I saying?? People should be more interested in what other people have to say. I'm tired of ignorance. I'm tired of incoherent jibber jabber. If you don't know how to say something DRAW A PICTURE!!! It might be easier to understand a picture.

My colleague and I had a conversation (a exchange of ideas through speech) with each other on this subject today. We came to the conclusion that the mental faculties which inspire creativity are beginning to dwindle in a large portion of our global society. This may not be true, but in my mind it makes sense. More and more people becoming less and less creative or thoughtful would explain the lack of interest in the rest of the world. What is nice though is the apparent shift in interest now for many to follow the news more closely. Perhaps all the ineteresting stuff in the news will create a shift in all those thoughtless pea-brains for the better. Perhaps the majority will now begin to question themselves more and start listening to others opinions. I certainly hope that this is going to happen... more than likely though I will just continue to be disappointed.

Great talk guys... thanks for listening.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Wow! Righteous condescension and giftbearer all in one package. Maybe when you talk to someone, you should not immediately think, "you just don't get it. " A conversation for you may be perceived as a lecture by who you're trying to talk to. I know from experience, cause I used to talk to my wife about ATS topics and not have the patience to try and explain. I was at my podium heatedly telling her how it is.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

maybe you are right. maybe i just come off as a douchey prick. the thought of luke wilsons character in idiocracy came to me when you said this.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thegiftbearer

This guy sounds right up your street...

I think whats wrong here is that you are not empathising with the people you are speaking too. If you understand a persons background, their point of view, what they find acceptable or not as well as encouraging them you might have a better conversation flow.

Ive often found that if you are speaking to someone about a certain area and you are more experienced in this area than the other person it can intimidate them or cause them to watch their words a little too much for a flowing conversation. Remember that communication can be quite stressful to some people, we do a lot of talking these days but we dont listen and we dont share as much as we should in conversation.

Hope that makes sense, im only stating what ive learned and hope it helps.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Let us assume that you are just too super intelligent to speak to ordinary people.

I suggest that you keep to your own kind and in those instances when you must converse to those less intelligent, that you become kind enough, knowing their fundamental and unchangeable disposition, to speak at their level. I think that would solve about 100 per cent of your problem (that you mistakenly assume others have).

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I don't understand what you are saying.

Could you draw me a picture?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I agree with you, I really do!
You're going to get a lot of stick for what you say, but you're right..
Vicky

top topics

join