It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Cap on Lockdown!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
TPTB is all 1 can say from the EAST to the WEST REORGINIZATION??? THRU CHAOS

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The Sheep rising up???

Not gonna happen. There are some mutant bad sheep who will be made to be examples. The others will glance over briefly and continue eating.

There will only be truly unhappy sheep when the bread and circuses are taken away. Even then, we'll see....

They'll still be sheep after all.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sorry I left this thread folks. Had a call from family and had to leave just as I posted.

See nothing has changed and has actually escalated. Let's watch this closely and please post anything else you might see from other sources rather than just the MSM.

Thanx!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
The Sheep rising up???

Not gonna happen. There are some mutant bad sheep who will be made to be examples. The others will glance over briefly and continue eating.

There will only be truly unhappy sheep when the bread and circuses are taken away. Even then, we'll see....

They'll still be sheep after all.

I find it very dis-heartening to admit that you are probably right on this.

I don't understand how a Country can get so emotional and angry over the middle East, wanting to send in troops to save lives, liberty and freedoms yet when it comes to their own doorstep, just lie down.

Any opinions on the mindset of this?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
And so it begins.
This is coming to America I kept saying.
"Just wait and see", I said.

It WILL get worse folks. This is just the tip of the iceburg.

Do you know how I can tell I am on to something?

Because my wife doesn't look at me like I am crazy anymore.
Suddenly people in my family are asking me more questions lately.

Or should I say, asking me different questions?

Instead of, "when are you going to get on meds"?
or, "why are you so paranoid"?

it is now,

"what is going to happen next"?
"what kind of gun should I buy"?
"where do you go to get your ammo"?
"how do you can food"?

lol,

gotta love it.

I am not trying to be a fear monger but,
Stevie Wonder could see what is coming folks.
Please prepare to the best of your ability.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Funny you should mention this. Yesterday, as I was having a meeting in the bank, my loan officer asked me for more info on a few things I have been telling him about lately. The most surprising thing was when he asked me what a "Bug out Bag" should contain.

hmmm

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

You do realize, that even though the unions have been perverted in the last two or three decades, they did do a lot in the past to make working conditions better for EVERYONE, don't you?

I used to work for a printing company. We were not a union shop, however, our printing guys were paid comparable to union scale, which was at least a living wage. The company was privately owned by one man, and he knew that by paying comparable to union scale, he would get the best employees, and keep them far longer, which was a benefit to him, as well as the employees.

My mother worked in the office of a place that had a union. She did not belong to a union, as the office workers did not have a union. But she benefited in terms of pay and other things, such as a seniority system, that helped protect older age workers from being gotten rid off in a layoff situation.

Unions were responsible for a lot that benefits ALL workers, such as decent wages and hours.

That said, like I told my husband when his company went union................the union has changed. The union leaders are responsible for letting it get so out of hand, when they should have reigned in some of the more outrageous things, like letting people that were actually doing wrong get away with it. I'm sure we have all heard stories about some unbelievable stuff union employees at big places, like GE, Ford, etc., have done and gotten away with.

Today's union leaders are actually working for the big corporations, IMO. The plan is to get people so fed up with the graft that is taking place, that the average person, who does not belong to a union, reacts exactly like you, and others that I have seen, saying the same thing.

What do you think will happen when all the unions are broken?

Some things are already happening, like a relative that works for a big pharmaceutical company, non-union, that makes millions (billions?) in profit, was given a 4% cut in pay two years ago, because of the *economic problems* that were happening, with no advance warning. Just came in one day and BAMM! Economic problems that were caused by other rich institutions whose goal is to reduce everyone to the level of a SLAVE! Well, with the unions being taken out, it makes it a lot easier.

You don't think it's going to stop with the public unions, do you? Private unions are next, and when that happens, goodbye living wage, goodbye 5-day work week. And if you don't like taking a cut in pay or increased hours............too bad.

I just picked your post at random, you weren't the only one making this kind of statement.

But what all the union bashers should stop to think about is, this IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE UNIONS MEMBERS! Would you have stopped someone from getting you the best deal you could get at your place of employment?

It is the fault of greedy corporate types and politicians.

And by the way, I have never worked for a union shop or belonged to a union, but I have had relatives that really benefited from being part of a union, or working for a company that had a union.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bertapearl
reply to post by jude11

EMERGENCY There will be emergency rallies protesting the action of the Wisconsin power grab in State Capitals in all fifty states at noon today. Your attendance will show our support of the Wisconsin folks, and let our State legislation know we stand in solidarity against this railroading of the American People!

DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS! STAND UP NOW!

Hey know your place ! You have no right to peacefully assemble ! You are not in Egypt but America .This message was brought to you by your dear leader !

Give it to them !

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
those of you knocking the teachers [and other public] unions keep knocking

Mike Lee: Federal Child Labor Laws Are Unconstitutional (VIDEO) www.abovetopsecret.com...

so much for the tea party.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Yeah I read that article not long ago. Crazy isn't it???

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sounds like a typical untion protest. This is nothing new. I have seen this before.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Do you think you could link to the cnn live stream? been looking and i can't find anything.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

Thank You for posting what I was thinking!
second line

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Would like to see the footage on this. Can anyone upload this to Youtube? Eh?!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I don't understand how a Country can get so emotional and angry over the middle East, wanting to send in troops to save lives, liberty and freedoms yet when it comes to their own doorstep, just lie down.

My opinion is that (ok I'll quit saying sheep for now) most "people" only believe what is deemed to be the official word: TV! Yes, the boob tube. It doesn't matter what channel, if it's on the "news" it must be the official word on things. If it comes from the internet "well, you gotta be careful about them Damned Fool Conspiracy Websites!!!" I know people who are just like that. Most people are like that, with a handful of exceptions.

Until "people" realize that the "news" is a mass mind-control tool, nothing will change; At least here in S. Texas where the vast majority are biblical, military, mil retiree, or law enforcement. Sometimes all types of "true believer" at one time!!!
ETA: one or two whom I know in the all of the above groups are really up on things, to be fair.

edit on 10-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: grammar

edit on 10-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
reply to post by jude11

My opinion is that (ok I'll quit saying sheep for now) most "people" only believe what is deemed to be the official word: TV! Yes, the boob tube. It doesn't matter what channel, if it's on the "news" it must be the official word on things. If it comes from the internet "well, you gotta be careful about them Damned Fool Conspiracy Websites!!!" I know people who are just like that. Most people are like that, with a handful of exceptions.

Until "people" realize that the "news" is a mass mind-control tool, nothing will change; At least here in S. Texas where the vast majority are biblical, military, mil retiree, or law enforcement. Sometimes all types of "true believer" at one time!!!
ETA: one or two whom I know in the all of the above groups are really up on things, to be fair.

edit on 10-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: grammar

edit on 10-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

My thoughts exactly. I was wondering if there were any other opinions that are different from this. Would be interesting to hear.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

On another note, as you were mentioning the people in the US waking up, so to speak, it seems almost the same here in Canada. Just from a different stance.

"It's in the US, so what has that got to do with Canada?" My answer: EVERYTHING!

Whatever happens there, will happen here as well. All of a sudden these days, Harper and Obama seem to be buddies. Shared border, Radar along the 49th and not the least, cross border agreement to use each others Military in times of civilian insurrection.

You can't make this stuff up!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
We like to think of ourselves as better than other countries like China for instance. Our values, our way of life, and our democratic system are being stolen from us. What will we be left with? I think it will be a situation worse than what is currently found in places like China. Although I am a peace-lover, I am not a push-over. I see a future where the average person must become militant in order to protect the rights and freedoms our people were promised by the founding fathers.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yes, we are talking about the SPP, Security and Prosperity and all that... Started years ago, but it's still there. Just like NAFTA, NAU, and whatever they call it in Asia etc. All the same.

It's not all of the sudden, it's a slow creep. Like the Grand Canyon, what is eroded will never come back without a sea-change. That's why it's important (to those powerful corporate fascists of the mil-industrial-complex) to keep people uneducated and asleep. It's the most important thing of all; now I know why my 5th grade teacher kept saying that being uneducated was the way to slavery. Couldn't fathom that at the time.

edit on 10-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: spelling

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Wow, give it up to the union thugs/cry babies to act like the children they are supposed to be teaching. They need to go home and realize that the free ride is over, and maybe, I don't know, go back to work.

It sure aint just the teachers that have been protesting though. They have been getting support from many ordinary people sick of being taxed into poverty. This definitely isn't just a few disgruntled teachers and union members playing up, it's a LOT bigger than that.

Wait what???? Ordinary people who are tired of high taxes that directly pay for these peoples excessive benefits protest in support of them.....................I don't think so. All you're seeing are OTHER union members from different walks of life coming to support the public workers because they know they could be next in austerity measures. I think the Republicans would look better if they took a pay cut as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join