It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Cap on Lockdown!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Protesters being forcibly removed. Lieing down and physically removed.

Now on CNN. Live

It's looking like it could get ugly. Protesters being dragged out by their feet. Will update.

New: These are State Police. Protesters refusing to leave. Seeing people starting to swing fists.
edit on 10-3-2011 by jude11 because: update

New: Protesters not allowed to leave or enter the Cap. Building

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The times...they are a changin'.

Thanks checking it out now.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

EMERGENCY There will be emergency rallies protesting the action of the Wisconsin power grab in State Capitals in all fifty states at noon today. Your attendance will show our support of the Wisconsin folks, and let our State legislation know we stand in solidarity against this railroading of the American People!

DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS! STAND UP NOW!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You can watch it on CNN streaming live for free. Watching for a little bit, just to see if they can turn the troopers since a bit of them are protesting when not on duty from what I understand.

Hopefully everyone stays safe and exercises sense.

Of course, while posting this, the stream is dead.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Either side makes one wrong move....it's going to escalate very quickly.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Protesters being forcibly removed. Lieing down and physically removed.

Now on CNN. Live

It's looking like it could get ugly. Protesters being dragged out by their feet. Will update.

New: These are State Police. Protesters refusing to leave. Seeing people starting to swing fists.

New: Protesters not allowed to leave or enter the Cap. Building

"The time has come, the walrus said, to speak of many things; of ships and shoes and sealing wax, and cabbages and kings"

Live and let die. It sounds like force is the only thing that tin-plated governor-dictator will respond to. Cry Havoc, and loose the dogs of war.

FDLE, if you are watching: kiss my butt.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sorry for being ignorant but what are the people protesting?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bertapearl
reply to post by jude11

EMERGENCY There will be emergency rallies protesting the action of the Wisconsin power grab in State Capitals in all fifty states at noon today. Your attendance will show our support of the Wisconsin folks, and let our State legislation know we stand in solidarity against this railroading of the American People!

DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS! STAND UP NOW!

Railroading the American people? You mean taxpayers? Just who do you think has been railroaded for the last 30 years? You have a flawed premise. When you say 'Collective bargaining' , what you really mean is gaming the system and bilking the taxpayer.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Wow, give it up to the union thugs/cry babies to act like the children they are supposed to be teaching. They need to go home and realize that the free ride is over, and maybe, I don't know, go back to work.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
hmmmm I live not far from Madison, thinking about going for a visit, but at the same time I want to stay informed, anyone else from the area going???

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
as another thought, why is so little being said about the sale of our public utilities to the koch bro's ??? this pisses me off more than the cut in benefits from state unions. any thoughts??

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
And so it begins.
This is coming to America I kept saying.
"Just wait and see", I said.

It WILL get worse folks. This is just the tip of the iceburg.

Do you know how I can tell I am on to something?

Because my wife doesn't look at me like I am crazy anymore.
Suddenly people in my family are asking me more questions lately.

Or should I say, asking me different questions?

Instead of, "when are you going to get on meds"?
or, "why are you so paranoid"?

it is now,

"what is going to happen next"?
"what kind of gun should I buy"?
"where do you go to get your ammo"?
"how do you can food"?

lol,

gotta love it.

I am not trying to be a fear monger but,
Stevie Wonder could see what is coming folks.
Please prepare to the best of your ability.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Wow, give it up to the union thugs/cry babies to act like the children they are supposed to be teaching. They need to go home and realize that the free ride is over, and maybe, I don't know, go back to work.

It sure aint just the teachers that have been protesting though. They have been getting support from many ordinary people sick of being taxed into poverty. This definitely isn't just a few disgruntled teachers and union members playing up, it's a LOT bigger than that.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
Sorry for being ignorant but what are the people protesting?

last night (Wednesday) the Wisconsin senate passed a bill to limit Union collective bargaining rights.
they did a parliamentary procedure to remove the financial parts of the bill so they wouldn't need the larger quorum.
www.nytimes.com...

the unions etc are crying dirty pool and going berserk.

this is the bill the 14 Wis democrat senators have been hiding out of state to avoid voting on.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs

this is the bill the 14 Wis democrat senators have been hiding out of state to avoid doing the job that we tax payers pay them to do. Hiding like cowards cause they know this is a fight they will loose if they show up for it.

Here, I fixed it for you.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights

Originally posted by works4dhs

this is the bill the 14 Wis democrat senators have been hiding out of state to avoid doing the job that we tax payers pay them to do. Hiding like cowards cause they know this is a fight they will loose if they show up for it.

Here, I fixed it for you.

oh, okay. that's better.

link to ATS thread on bill passing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Maybe Obama could have another beer summit.....
Nah, I don't think alcohol and unions go together any place other than Chicago.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Does anyone remember their history?

If not, read below:
en.wikipedia.org...

After even quickly scanning this information one will notice that when any Unions are involved
in the dispute...it most definitely will get "ugly". There will be hurtin' being put on the protesters.

I wonder if everyone, say when this happened in the 1920's and 1930's, felt that it was about more
than just the rights of workers to be unionized? Did they feel the economics of that time played a part in their
rights of getting their piece of the pie?

Resolving this uprising in Wisconsin is a Big Thing that needs cool heads on both sides. Strong arming on either side WILL NOT get either side what they are after.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
looks like thats all over now.

sorted very easily.

wasn't much of a protest?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
walker is talking now live on

ww... w.waow.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?vt1=l&d1=0&ClipId1=mms%3A//a1871.l4920347870.c49203.n.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1871/49203/v0001/reflector%3 A47870&LiveURI=mms%3A//a1871.l4920347870.c49203.n.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1871/49203/v0001/reflector%3A47870&h1=Live%20Video%20WAOW&at1=News&LiveURITitl e=Live%20Video%20WAOW&LaunchPageAdTag=News&fvCatNo=undefined&secure=undefined&akPort=undefined&akProfile=undefined&rnd=3236006

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join