It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang Rape of 11-Year-Old Girl Sparks Racial Tensions in Texas Town

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by Kingbreaker

For your assinine and [seemingly] egotistical statement, here's a fact that does much to disparidge your claim. Consider the fact that we are in a majority white country run by [majority] white leaders with a majority white mentality, a majority white judicial branch, a majority of majority white communities, and you can guess which part of the courtroom the minority will be on.

And let us ask, why is it that it "appears" that the minority is on that side of the court room the "majority" of the time? Please dont go down that road. If you are guilty , you are guilty regardless of race. You are trying to charge a toll to cross the race bridge.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I am not liking the ignorant posts in this thread. I used to hate black people to be completely honest with you. And it's not until you get to know someone personally that you can ever judge them. I used to work with this big ol black kid that looked like 50 cent or something, with his style and tattoos. BUT I was COMPLETELY AMAZED when he started talking about philosophy and Russian literature, and stuff of the sort. He didn't use drugs, like I would have ASSumed, and he was a very loving and smart person. And this guy is still a very close friend. I am so glad he came into my life.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

I wasn't replying to the OP, I was replying to an ignorant poster. Don't go out lashing if you think you are standing up for something. In this argument i am not taking sides, but the ignorant rascist comments being thrown around like putty, and more ignorance aggreing is making me think this forum must be bliss.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Pastor Manning Can't be Racist and here are his comments...

Link:www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 10-3-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have great black friends too. But what really cracks me up is that people just refuse to accept statistics if they don't agree with their outlook on life. Facts are facts, they are what they are. Black people commit more crimes, including rape, than any other race. It doesn't mean I'm racist because I'm stating a fact.

I think we all need to start to learn to accept the truth for what it is instead of obfuscate these things in a politically correct frame of reference.

The funny thing is, my best friend, who is black, moved out of my apartment complex a few months ago. I asked him why he was moving. I almost spit my drink out when he told me why.... he said 'There are too many black people moving into this neighborhood due to Section 8 housing coming here. I'm not stupid man, I want to live in a good neighborhood'.

I couldn't believe my ears. I thought this was a racist thing to say. The neighborhood was probably going down hill due to section 8 people moving in, not necessary black people. I didn't appreciate what he said and I didn't really respond to it because he caught me off guard.

But one thing I do appreciate about this black friend is that he wasn't concerned about reparations or felt whitey owed him anything. He can also think clearly enough to recognize certain hard kernels of truth, no matter how un-PC these truths are. The neighborhood comment he made doesn't necessarily reflect that, but at least it shows he calls them like he sees them.

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
I am not liking the ignorant posts in this thread. I used to hate black people to be completely honest with you. And it's not until you get to know someone personally that you can ever judge them. I used to work with this big ol black kid that looked like 50 cent or something, with his style and tattoos. BUT I was COMPLETELY AMAZED when he started talking about philosophy and Russian literature, and stuff of the sort. He didn't use drugs, like I would have ASSumed, and he was a very loving and smart person. And this guy is still a very close friend. I am so glad he came into my life.

edit on 10-3-2011 by wakeUpOrDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What a horrible crime, I want them hanged or worse. Thats how I always feel when I read about these things. But I know there would never be any proper retribution, and the worst part, is that it will probably happen again to a different person in a different place because the world is full of evil and no matter how advanced we become in science and tech, there will always be crime. I'm kinda surprised though that no one blamed drugs on this, it could be the catalyst, maybe these ugly souls wouldve thought twice had they not been using. I don't believe that but it shouldn't be overlooked, these people filmed their crime and spread the video, that doesn't seem like something a normally functioning human could possibly do unless they they function with a microwaved brain.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

This is what happens when our leaders both politically and in religion allow intolerance and hatred and ignorance to flourish. When something like this happens, they automatically say race this or that instead of men who raped this girl. The sick thing is that this wouldn't have gotten a blip if the men where of the same race as the girl, black white or hispanic. Our leaders have made a disfunctional country and we have alot of disfunctional people, saying and doing horribly things because it's a free country we can do what we want. And it makes sense, a dysfunctional country can breed dysfunctional people. I feel sorry for the US in some ways, because I see this country falling apart and everyone is truly to blame for it in the country. Being ignorant shouldn't be pushed as something to be striving for but they do. People say just believe in the bible and everything it says and god will fix it, he won't. If he didn't fix the problems a century ago what makes them think he will fix them in a few days. Not everyday is sunday, the rest of the week you have to live with other people and their nuances and that would require learning about them and respecting them. These men and boys who raped this girl are guilty of rape pure and simple, but they are men and boys who committed a crime. Not latin men or white men or black men but men, that happen to be black.

What scares me even more is that the fact that they will push this as black men do this and she will go into the future thinking this way. But not see that it could have easily have been a group of hispanics or whites or asians whatever, crime and atrocities happen with all people.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

your insight has redeemed this thread a small amount and I thank you... but I feel only slightly less cynical. we're still doomed.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
People will call me crazy but I blame the Govt. for a large portion of this

Department of education made people ignorant and stupid which promotes both racism and acts of crime like rape.

Also the economy sinking and corrupt cops.

There will always be crime, there will always be good people.
Nothing in absolute will ever occur

That doesn't mean corruption doesn't increase bad things to happen

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

can a 14yo commit armed robbery?

murder?

grand theft auto?

ya!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wakeUpOrDie

statistics might tell a tale but some of the worst criminals and crime I have ever seen was in an area where the houses run on an average of 500k. I used to believe the lie of the "good neighborhood" too and its a shame that many of my peers have lived in such conditions that foster that kind of thought. That thought that if they could only get out of the ghetto things would be better. Truth is....its worse.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Kill em all. No reconciliation.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wakeUpOrDie

Then again, not all black people live in ghettos. It has to do with sociological issues and environmental issues. A sample, isn't a whole.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So sad..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
nasty....to say the LEAST. no words to really describe how I feel about this. The girl was ELEVEN years old, I mean dear god! Just one step away from barbarism I see...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
those likes are not better than trolls.. they should be hunted

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

I dont disagree. A good neighborhood isnt as much a price range as it is a neighbor thing. A huge part of whether or not a neighborhood is good or not is how engaged the adult neighbors are with each other. How much they are looking after each other.

In the neighborhood I am in now, the block I am on is good, and just 3 residential blocks away it is bad. And all because of the adults on the block. I live on a block with older people, who are home, and watch things. The blocks where the families are all younger and the teenagers are home alone are a nightmare.

Teenagers need to be kept on a short leash. Its just a simple fact. No matter how wealthy they are, or what color. The problem today is that a lot of parents are too busy or two self centered, or too dysfunctional to do their job and parent their kids. What happened to that little girl is a great example of piss poor parenting on all sides.

I know its not going to be a popular comment, but I personally would like to see parents whose kids commit crimes get fined or do some time too. I think we really need to raise the stakes for parents and motivate them to keep an eye on their children. I think we make it way too easy for them to be crappy parents.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
reply to post by whyamIhere

This is what happens when our leaders both politically and in religion allow intolerance and hatred and ignorance to flourish. When something like this happens, they automatically say race this or that instead of men who raped this girl. The sick thing is that this wouldn't have gotten a blip if the men where of the same race as the girl, black white or hispanic. Our leaders have made a disfunctional country and we have alot of disfunctional people, saying and doing horribly things because it's a free country we can do what we want. And it makes sense, a dysfunctional country can breed dysfunctional people. I feel sorry for the US in some ways, because I see this country falling apart and everyone is truly to blame for it in the country. Being ignorant shouldn't be pushed as something to be striving for but they do. People say just believe in the bible and everything it says and god will fix it, he won't. If he didn't fix the problems a century ago what makes them think he will fix them in a few days. Not everyday is sunday, the rest of the week you have to live with other people and their nuances and that would require learning about them and respecting them. These men and boys who raped this girl are guilty of rape pure and simple, but they are men and boys who committed a crime. Not latin men or white men or black men but men, that happen to be black.

What scares me even more is that the fact that they will push this as black men do this and she will go into the future thinking this way. But not see that it could have easily have been a group of hispanics or whites or asians whatever, crime and atrocities happen with all people.

wtf are you on?

they were black, all of them!

if they were 7th day adventists or frikin mormons or islamic terrorists, would they just be men?

geeze!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm actually in favor of public castration, but hey, I'm mellow
20 years in Solitary would do.

The Panthers don't give a crap about this or any other cause they take up. The KKK and these guys are the same people from different sides. The only people who support them are as bad as they are. Billy Clubs in front of Polling Stations. Get real! All they are is future inmates in maximum security.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Race has nothing to do with it, there are good and bad in all. My heart is broken because of what happened to this child - just a child! What is wrong with anyone that would commit a crime so much against human nature.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join