It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang Rape of 11-Year-Old Girl Sparks Racial Tensions in Texas Town

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
-Since people like stats so much....In a side by side comparison of 2000 census data by sociologists at Mumford center State University of NY at Albany black immigrants from africa averaged the highest educational attainment of any population including whites and asians.

-Did you know that 80% of pedophiles are non-hispanic white men

-In the US white men have the highest suicide rate.....do they lack the coping skills?

-According to the CDC there has been a 30% increase of herpes transmission...mainly in young white teens

-According to a 2005 study of college students, whites average three times as many drinks per week as blacks, are 50% more likely to drink to the point of hangover and 70% more likely to drink to the point of throwing up and whites are twice as likely to engage in drunk driving than blacks. Drunk driving kills thousands of people every year

-a 2005 study found that 74% of drug users are white while 14% are black so thats 9.7 million whites compared to 1.8 million blacks.

-According to national center for health statistics, whites between 12 and 21 are a third more likely than blacks to have used illegal drugs and 160% more likely to have tried coc aine

-In 1993 the property loss to theft and robbery amounted to 15.3 billion but white collar embezzlement costs about 200 billion a year and I bet its way higher now. And hell....white collar crime isnt even considered crime half the time!

you are right about statistics. After reading these....Im pretty afraid of white dudes, lol

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Notice also that 32% of all arrests for rape are listed as "Black." African Americans are 11 percent of the population.

Are the statistics racist?

IF more blacks are arrested for rape than whites (three TIMES more), then that itself should be the grist for an entire thread...

Don't mistake black behavior with urbanism first of all

Also do not forget the CIA dumping drugs into ghettos

That's an unbalanced picture that you are giving unfortunately

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Say you see a black man on the street....immediately your mind is going to go back to that statistic and even though you dont know a thing about this person....you now carry the idea that this man is more than likely a criminal.

I am retired , so I am old enough to remember a lot of the atrocities that were caused by racism . I was also a resident of the deep-south for a while , while growing up .

I remember the segregation , the separate water-fountains , the "whites only" signs , the signs that read "colored" or "others" . I remember Selma and Birmingham . I remember the civil-rights workers who were slain .

I remember a host of other events that some , if not most of you , may have never heard of .

Me , nor any of my family members , nor any of our friends , ever condoned or took part in any of these sordid events . To the contrary , my folks sheltered some black friends during one of the riots .

So , no , I do not look at all people as bad based solely on their race . But as always , when numbers are used to point out facts , then the person supplying those numbers is somehow seen as "racist" .

That is a very shallow and uneducated approach to take , in my opinion .

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
To the people suggesting this is a problem specific to black people or black males, I would like to know since you are just trying to be helpful, what the solution is? What do you think should be done in light of your claim that more black males commit these kinds of crimes?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is an extremely sad incident. Grown men should not allow this to happen. Boys should be raised to know better than to do something like this, and girls should be taught not to do these things as well.

Sorry, but there are girls with sexual appetites out there that do stuff like this. This girl was extremely young, and this is an extreme situation, but if she was hooking up with boys and possibly men, in that trailer on other occasions, then it doesn't sound like she was unwilling. Especially if she was hooking up after the Thanksgiving incident. Sounds like she was going to their side of town regularly looking for action.

Charge the men who engaged in this, over the age of 18, with statutory rape. This was wrong.

However, if this was consenting sex, then if the boys are charged, then the girl should be as well.

If two people under age have sex, and both consented, then it is wrong to charge one, and not the other.

Sorry, but there are bad girls, and this sounds like a bad girl.

Somebody has to say it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Poet1b, you are not a stupid guy, but sometimes on the topic of rape you freak me out.

An 11 year old girl cannot consent to sex. Much less sex with a gang of men some of them in their 20's.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

It would set better with me if you would grasp the concept that some does not mean all. And generalizing outward the behavior or some onto all is problematic.
]

KNOCK KNOCK !!!!! HELLO ???!!! Is there anybody in there ???

Show me WHERE I said all black men are rapists ?????!!!!!

I showed you numbers , THAT I DIDN'T COMPILE , and YOU have a problem with that ?????

Your intent is clear , you are doing nothing more than trying to turn this into a pissing contest and label me a racist while doing so .

You FAIL . If you don't like the stats , take it up with the Justice Department or whoever will listen to your biased , uneducated rant . Goodbye .

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
reply to post by Liquesence

ok maybe your right, we had the duke lacrosse team, BUT from what we get from the media, for every 1 story we hear about white people involved, we hear more involving minorities. how do we explain that in a way that does not cause racial tension?

edit on 10-3-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

I just wanted to point out the fact that those kids on the Duke lacrosse team were proven innocent, so please get your facts straight.

The woman who was responsible for the rape accusations admitted that she had made the whole thing up. Of course this was after the Duke players had been kicked off of their team, attacked by Jessie Jaxckson and Al Sharpton, and chased out of school by an angry mob of militant black protestors and liberal white people who had already convicted them based on the word of a known drug addicted prostitute.

The players have since won huge lawsuit's against the school for defamation and the prosecuting attorney Mike Nifong was disbarred and was forced into bankruptcy.

Please get your facts straight and then you can distort them however you wish.

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

Dont get your panties all in a bunch. Im just pointing out the hypocrisy of focusing on the skin color of these particular rapists instead of their gender.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hey ummm..irsuccubus and ILLUSIONSAREGRANDER! Heyyyyyy over here. Hey, ahh hello, ummm if I might have a quick word with you two. Ummmm thanks for getting in on this. Im speaking in reguards to others posting some rather racial, yet not so surprising post. I think the whole beating on the chest think was a little out there but heyyyyy, to each its own. Ummmmm you do know that they no matter what, see black people as the big issue with America. Anyway, can you believe that dude called me "mang"! I still dont know what that is...lol I for the life of me cant understand racism. It just doesnt make sense to me. And sure Ive been called the N-word and all but it justleaves me scratchin my head because im not that! But it forces me to look into the motivators which cause that type of behavior from a person. Andddddddd I still dont get it. I think its crazy. But for what its worth, life goes on. I get along with everyone except the "you know who's". I just wish people would do more to correct the young ones. Claim them and teach them right, and stop perpetuating the b-llsh-t! I mean that for both sides of the tracks. We bring so much good to the table when we work together.

So as for the lil dudes that did this crap. I want to woop their azzes like theres no tommoro. They hurt us with the crap they do, and just give more fuel to racist to say what they will. I wonder will it ever go away, racism that is. Or will it always be present as long as one black person is walking this planet. Anyway.... this happened in texas! its bound to get ugly.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

I am not calling any particular person racist so much as making a point that statistics can be used to justify or validate anything. And statistics do not often reflect the reality of things at street level. That you and your family sought to give refuge to fellow human beings is a good thing but commendations should not be given for things that should be just a matter of human decency. I dont know if you meant for your particular response to sound that way but I have run into other incidents where whites feel like they should be given a pat on the back for not being racist. WHAT?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

And yet, you watch, if these black individuals go to trial, ( which indeed they should), as always they'll play the slavery card, claiming there families oppression 140 years ago led them to these actions...have pity on " us "!

Utter BS!

And if they dont say that, are you going to come here and apologize for posting that?
If they dont use that as their defense, will it change your perceptions, or make you think twice before you post the same drivel next time?

Time has shown us the answer to both questions is no.

According to people like you, every single time a black person committs a crime, they blame it on slavery...so it shouldnt be hard to find a couple stories with that in it, right? Maybe some links as evidence where a black defendant actually says: "I committed this crime because my ancestors were enslaved." I'll wait.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

I understand your sentiment. And Im with you. Im angry over this because it does nothing but provide fuel for a fire that has already been burning for way too long.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReRun
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I would like to point out that NO ONE including you, has linked to any valid statistics or studies to support your claim.

Here you go : library.flawlesslogic.com...

in 1988 there were 9,406 cases of black-on-white rape and fewer than ten cases of white-on-black rape. [320] Another researcher concludes that in 1989, blacks were three or four times more likely to commit rape than whites, and that black men raped white women thirty times as often as white men raped black women. [321]

Interracial crime figures are even worse than they sound. Since there are more than six times as many whites as blacks in America, it means that any given black person is vastly more likely to commit a crime against a white than vice versa.

There are numerous sources for stats on the web , you just gotta want to look for them .

Facts are facts , racism has nothing to do with pointing out the truth .
edit on 10-3-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

So, do you have anything more recent than 20 years ago?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
This Department of Justice Report of Crime Statistics

shows the numbers I referred to.

Notice that "white" includes both hispanic and anglo, in the "perpetrator columns. "Hispanic" only occurs in the victim category--never as assailant. Ergo, hispanics can only be victims, never perps, in the eyes of the federal law enforcement industry.

I know this may come as an extreme surprise to you, what with you figuring you are the only whites that are allowed to be white and all, but there are black people of hispanic or latino descent, and white people of hispanic/latino descent, and all shades in between.

Ever seen Argentinians? They would pass for a bona-fide white folk like yourself.

So now that you have learned something, maybe it will help you deny ignorance.
edit on 10-3-2011 by aching_knuckles because: black and white!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Not only this, but while researching their claims for them, look at the rapes per 100,000 population in various countries. Sure are a lot of European countries with some crazy numbers.

en.wikipedia.org...

Which might give you a clue as to why the statistics look the way they do. White people may report rape more often, and they might also, here in the US, report black on white rape more often, feeling slightly more confident of a conviction in those cases than if oh, say, a Kennedy clansman rapes you.

Or, it may indicate that Europeans are rape happy guys.

Bottom line, it should make you go Hmmmm.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

yeah Ive experianced that also.

second line.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

This is an extremely sad incident. Grown men should not allow this to happen. Boys should be raised to know better than to do something like this, and girls should be taught not to do these things as well.

Sorry, but there are girls with sexual appetites out there that do stuff like this. This girl was extremely young, and this is an extreme situation, but if she was hooking up with boys and possibly men, in that trailer on other occasions, then it doesn't sound like she was unwilling. Especially if she was hooking up after the Thanksgiving incident. Sounds like she was going to their side of town regularly looking for action.

Charge the men who engaged in this, over the age of 18, with statutory rape. This was wrong.

However, if this was consenting sex, then if the boys are charged, then the girl should be as well.

If two people under age have sex, and both consented, then it is wrong to charge one, and not the other.

Sorry, but there are bad girls, and this sounds like a bad girl.

Somebody has to say it.

This is quite possibly the creepiest, most disturbing post I have read on ATS. Your post gets the:

edit on 10-3-2011 by aching_knuckles because: had to add creepy

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

This is one way tptb, and their media outlets keep the people divided.

Quoting myself. I said this on the first page, and look what this has devolved into.

All those statistics everyone is quoting are from the same sources that told you we needed to go to war because the Iraqi's had WMD's and biological weapons. They're the same people who lie to you daily. And yet you choose to believe their stats?

This is about keeping the people of this country divided. And they will use race, political orientation, and anything else to perpetuate and maintain that division.

Looks like they're doing a damn fine job!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus
reply to post by PLASIFISK

I understand your sentiment. And Im with you. Im angry over this because it does nothing but provide fuel for a fire that has already been burning for way too long.

I feel you. It seems at times to be an up hill battle with these youth today. But you know I make corrections to them, and enlighten them to how people percieve there character because of how they act in public dang it....lol... I am a firm believer in leading by example. Be a good role model and dont be a coward. They depend on us to fix this crap our elders created in the past. we have to do our part now so the young ones can fix the future. Thats about all we can do on our side. Create leaders not followers! yepperzzz thats the idea.

sorry for any typos! its been along day!

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join