It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The emergency broadcast system alert test happening often.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Haven't ever seen it scince like 2005 when there was a tornado warning, but when we got Bell satellite i haven't even seen tests, don't know why but i see tests on shaw all the time.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This morning, at 5:03 AM, an Emergency Alert System Test went on, the New York State mandated one. That's a pretty unusual time to carry out the test. I've never seen the test happen that early in the morning.
edit on 1-4-2011 by Elenin because: added state

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hi live in texas and yes there seems to be alot of the EBS'S going on lately three times in one night,ithought they only did one once a month

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I know this has nothing to do with the thread but I couldn't help having a feeling of "damn, is something up then?" when I put on BBC News and they had the 30 minute ABC News broadcast with a report on California earthquake tests and how to react when one hits in the state.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Please note the date....this post is the first one on this thread for several months

I am reviving this thread because it seems that it may be starting again. Yes, it is normal to test the system...required in fact. What makes these particular tests odd are the time of day/night that they are doing them...and the amount/type. I might be jumping the gun here (I have seen two in a ten hour period both at peak times like before) but I figured I would bring it up now to see if its happening elsewhere. I quoted my post here because it was made just hours before the Japan quake. The alerts stopped afterwards. If I am wrong, great. Nothing to worry about, move along. However, if there IS a connection...it is worth paying attention to, don't ya think?

Originally posted by westcoast
Well guys I use to be a 911 dispatcher and I know for a fact that in our county it is done once a week.

Just this week it has happened in my area at least five times. Now that is five times that I or my daughter have seen and we don't have the tv on THAT much.

It happened this morning at about 7:30....has NEVER happened at this time before. I know, because my daughter always has certain shows on in the morning when she is getting ready for school.

It broke into a show last night.

It broke into a rented movie (on demand) the night before. It happened late morning that same day.

My daughter has seen it at least two other times.

Each time it is from a different county on my half of the State.

I have NEVER seen this before in my 30+ years living in Washington State.

My 11 year old even commented this morning that she wondered why they were doing it and if they thought something was going to happen?

Well, I told her they just have to test it. But YES....I really. really do think that something is going to happen. I believe that orders most likely came from FEMA for ALL counties to run a test of the EMS NOW. With everything else that is going on, this is just one more VERY scary dot in the picture.

Awareness and prep training all of a sudden? BS

ETA: To get on here now and see reports coming from all over the country of the same thing happening? Making my skin crawl...seriously.
edit on 10-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I havent seen any and I am in the UK but dont watch TV that much and we have Sky. When I saw this thread in the recent posts and as I was reading it my immediate reaction was Japan.

Be interesting to note the countries. I am assuming it is not a world-wide system and only country-wide unless the situation calls for something more.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I have noticed all the sudden here in Nashville they have been doing it atleast 3 times a night..........and each time they do the test 3 times..............thats A LOT

Just started recently, whats the deal?

I lied just so far since ive posted its happened 6 MORE times in intervals of 3

Ive never seen this in the year that i lived here in the Nashville area, whats the deal
edit on 25-10-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: greenfox83

5 years later ... it has now turned into " a monthly civil authority alert" happening 2 times a night. every channel between 2am-3am est. They somehow have hacked into the tv to turn the volume all the way up even if it's on mute to scare the living piss out of all of us and am unable to change the channel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join