It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The emergency broadcast system alert test happening often.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I have noticed in the past 24 hours in NY, US that the emergency broadcast system has done 3 tests that I know of. Has anyone else noticed this. I know this occurs once a month, but 3 times in 24 hours. Anyone know what's going on, or is this from the storm that's coming of rain?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

I saw an EAS a couple nights ago and thought it was very odd for the time it was on (7:30pm) on ABC CHANNEL 4.

They seem to be picking up in frequency...

Warning sign?
You decide..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
i think they are gearing up for some major event between April 19-20. search April 19 on here if you don't know what im talking about

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It might be because, March 15-21 is coming up and the poles are shifting to its destination and the new madrid near Arkansas is about to split due to a massive earthquake. Wow!
while typing this, PBS just did their emergency test here in Houston. "goose bumps"

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versalife
i think they are gearing up for some major event between April 19-20. search April 19 on here if you don't know what im talking about

I haven't heard anything about that day, but when I googled it and a answer popped I laughed. It said that was the day in the movie Terminator that was the day for Judgement Day. Is that what your referring to?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm on the East Coast in Canada. Seen it twice yesterday here also. First time I've seen it and got a shock.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I've been home from the Middle East since Feb 20th, i've only seen one EAS so far here in So.Calif, it was for a child abduction.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
2011 Skynet is activated on April 19th. Judgment Day follows on April 21, 2011

Thing is, with everything that is going on I think we would be getting of easy if this is what happens.

A similar thread from yesterday. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Afterthought

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm on the east coast too in Moncton and I've seen a few as well.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

LOl, I thought August 19th was judgement day in Teminator land, man how did I managed to hear it wrong for so many years lmao, think I will check myself in for a hearing test

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenfox83
I have noticed in the past 24 hours in NY, US that the emergency broadcast system has done 3 tests that I know of. Has anyone else noticed this. I know this occurs once a month, but 3 times in 24 hours. Anyone know what's going on, or is this from the storm that's coming of rain?

I live in Southern Ohio, and have Time Warner cable. We are getting up to 3 a day in the past week. The DVR goes to a blank channel, and you can sometimes hear the audio, but not every time. Something is up, I can feel it. Lock and Load.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
yes! i noticed this also at work - we listen to "z-100" all day and i remember hearing it and thinking "what an odd time to conduct this..." very unusual.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The eas tests are actually a weekly thing not monthly. And they usually do it 2-3 times in a row, from my experience. They are nothing more than a nuisance that always seem to come on when I'm watching a show I dvr'ed causing it to back out! Thats the conspiracy here...to prevent me from watching my dvr, stupid fema nwo owo illuminati freemason punks...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I too noticed this. I commute to work everyday and listen to my new XM radio I got for Christmas. Prior to this month I had never heard an EBS alert, not once!

Now, I get in the car and commute this week and listen to my regular stations on XM (Faction, The Patriot, ETC) and I hear in one weeks time; 4 broadcast tests.

I agree! Something is going on. Why all of a sudden are they broadcasting the tests so often? It's not like any of us don't know what it sounds like. It's also not like they know it works! It always works, why test?

I don't know. My gut tells me something smells bad in this one. My brain tells me I will never truly know though... Oh well. Enjoy the ride. Poops about to get bumpy!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Verizon FIOS here. SAME deal in south eastern PA.
Locking. Cleaning. Loading.....

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well guys I use to be a 911 dispatcher and I know for a fact that in our county it is done once a week.

Just this week it has happened in my area at least five times. Now that is five times that I or my daughter have seen and we don't have the tv on THAT much.

It happened this morning at about 7:30....has NEVER happened at this time before. I know, because my daughter always has certain shows on in the morning when she is getting ready for school.

It broke into a show last night.

It broke into a rented movie (on demand) the night before. It happened late morning that same day.

My daughter has seen it at least two other times.

Each time it is from a different county on my half of the State.

I have NEVER seen this before in my 30+ years living in Washington State.

My 11 year old even commented this morning that she wondered why they were doing it and if they thought something was going to happen?

Well, I told her they just have to test it. But YES....I really. really do think that something is going to happen. I believe that orders most likely came from FEMA for ALL counties to run a test of the EMS NOW. With everything else that is going on, this is just one more VERY scary dot in the picture.

Awareness and prep training all of a sudden? BS

ETA: To get on here now and see reports coming from all over the country of the same thing happening? Making my skin crawl...seriously.
edit on 10-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by greenfox83

I live in Southern Ohio, and have Time Warner cable. We are getting up to 3 a day in the past week. The DVR goes to a blank channel, and you can sometimes hear the audio, but not every time. Something is up, I can feel it. Lock and Load.

Im from cincinnati, so i totaly understand. I was actually wondering about them the other night. (I also have time warner cable) AND on my sirius xm satalite radio there has been quite a number of warning tones

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I saw it on tv here in Pa. a week ago. Weird, I din't recall seeeing that ever except for weather emergencies.
I here it on the radio fairly often over the years.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ha funny you mention that because I was thinking the same thing when it happened. I'm also in NYC and cablevision did one then like CBS and channel 11. I was like okay that's an awful lot of emergency testings, but who knows. It could probably be nothing or maybe it coincidences with mid March? Then again after seeing one prediction after another fail I'm kind of like over anything bad going to happen. If it happens then it happens it's part of living to die anyway.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm in Niagara Falls NY, I've been playing my xbox a lot lately so I missed all but one but that one that I caught was odd. Right before the "if this was an actual emergency..." note at the end, it sounded like there was a voicemail playing. Nothing official sounding at all, kind of like someone saying they would be late for a date or someone trying to get a pizza but drunk dialed or something to that nature. If it wasn't so late at night when it occurred, I would have thought to record it and try to post it here.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join